Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #31
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Which young core impresses you the most for the future?

The Lions have a lot of young talent, but WHO THE HECK IS GOING TO BLOCK?!?! They have an AWFUL OL and didn't address that need this offseason. You could have Peyton Manning at QB, Brandon Marshall & Randy Moss at WR and Adrian Peterson at RB, but if you have 5 crappy offensive lineman, the offense will be just average.

The Lions have great players at skill positions, but no one to block for Stafford. I GUARANTEE Stafford will end up injured again this year.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
The Lions have a lot of young talent, but WHO THE HECK IS GOING TO BLOCK?!?! They have an AWFUL OL and didn't address that need this offseason. You could have Peyton Manning at QB, Brandon Marshall & Randy Moss at WR and Adrian Peterson at RB, but if you have 5 crappy offensive lineman, the offense will be just average.

The Lions have great players at skill positions, but no one to block for Stafford. I GUARANTEE Stafford will end up injured again this year.
If we could only combine the Browns and the Lions. They have the skill guys and finesse, we have the blocking and toughness.

Greatest. Team. Ever.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #33
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'm not gonna be a blatant homer and say THE BUCS! But, they gotta be in the top.

Yes, you're being a blatant homer because they'd be towards the bottom.

Quote:
We'd be set at QB, WR, RB and TE for the next 8 or so years.

Set? Sounds like quite a bit of wishful thinking.

Quote:
They have a young franchise QB in Freeman

Uh, I thought franchise QBs weren't suppose to suck?

Quote:
I'm not saying TB is the BEST on this list, but if you look at them deeply, they are set very well for the future.

Perhaps, you should wait for them to actually do something before handing out praise.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #34
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I left a lot of the underachievers off. Branden Albert is another that hasn't produced for KC.

Yet you put Alex Smith?

I'm really liking the new(er) look Detroit Lions

Pack are beastly, as are the Eagles (shucks)
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #35
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

The Packers have Aaron Rodgers so. . .them.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #36
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chris Cook- 23
Ray Edwards- 25
Toby Gerhart- 23
Chad Greenway- 27
Everson Griffen- 22
Cedric Griffin- 27
Percy Harvin- 22
Tyrell Johnson- 25
Phil Loadholt- 24
Adrian Peterson- 25
Sidney Rice- 23

just draft a good young QB for once and I'm confident in that
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #37
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the Cowboys can get one of their young LB's or Safeties to emerge as a lethal weapon... then their young core is just as good as anyones.

But right now I'd go with the Jets (obviously) and then the Pack... followed closely by the 49ers if Crabtree turns out to be a beast.

I hope the 49ers play the Cowboys in the playoffs this year... and I PRAY THAT GAME IS THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #38
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Yet you put Alex Smith?

I'm really liking the new(er) look Detroit Lions

Pack are beastly, as are the Eagles (shucks)
I'm not a fan of the guy but there are a lot who still have high hopes for him.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #39
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I still have high hopes for him. If you read some of my posts I always defend the guy.. He's been given an unfair treatment imo..

-He was a 21yr old rookie coming in, extremely raw and on a awful team. He ended up having a awful rookie yr, 1 td 11 picks...
-2nd year he showed great improvement, biggest in NFL history I believe. He had a nice OC in Norv Turner who really mentored him and had a 75QB rating, and a positive TD/INT ratio. He showed alot of flashes.
-3rd year he ended up being injured in the 3rd game after Rocky Bernard was untouched and basically crushed the shit out of the poor guy, smith brakes arm. He came back later in the yr but wasn't even fully healed but Mike Nolan basically forced him back into the starting lineup and he struggled, throws were sailing, looked lost. It also doesn't help that he's basically running for his life
-4th yr- Injured in preseason, out for year(re injured his arm)
-5th yr- Comeback year and showed he belongs in the league..

Basically during his stint with the 49ers he had a awful o-line(he runs for his life in the pockey), 4 OC in 4years(doesn't help a young QB), multiple injuries, no WR's, bad coaching, etc..

If anyone wants more info on him just ask me..

Last edited by knickballer : 08-23-2010 at 01:12 PM.
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #40
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I feel you Pos just saying if Brandon Albert, Ty Jackson and Glenn Dorsey are underachievers, what's a former # 1 overall QB who was drafted in 2006 as a franchise catalyst?
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #41
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I feel you Pos just saying if Brandon Albert, Ty Jackson and Glenn Dorsey are underachievers, what's a former # 1 overall QB who was drafted in 2006 as a franchise catalyst?
Quote:
Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star suggests that 2009 No. 3 overall pick Tyson Jackson is in danger of losing his starting job.
According to Babb, Jackson has had a "poor camp" a year after what Matt Williamson of ESPN Scouts Inc. described as an "all-around awful" rookie season.

Plus Dorsey has sucked. Albert gave up the 5th most sacks in the league while missing 2 games. I have better hopes for Dorsey and Albert I guess but Jackson not really. So I guess Dorsey and Albert could be added.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #42
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

It's crazy to see Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey suck so hard now in the pros. I go to a handful of LSU games each year and they were both good in college. Dorsey got messed up when the guy took out his knee in one of the late games his senior year. Tyson Jackson was a shock to get drafted so high to me. He was a good player but he was never as dominant as Glenn Dorsey was. Hopefully they both get it together.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #43
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
It's obvious that an honest mistake once again means the entire world is against Dallas. I extended the list to "26 and under" from "25 and under" just so I could include Miles Austin.

Philly's 1st and 2nd is on there because they were instantly thrown in as starters. Well, Graham WILL be by no less than week 4.
Or by week 3 of the preseason...

Quote:
When Brandon Graham returned to the Eagles NovaCare Complex after a strong preseason game in Cincinnati, there was a pleasant surprise waiting: his name at the top of the depth chart.

"When I came back and I seen the depth chart, they had me (with the) ones, one regular, so I was right in front," Graham said with a smile.

Graham had been on the Eagles top choice nickel defensive line, but is now the front-runner to also start with the base - or "regular" - defense, moving ahead of veteran Juqua Parker. Graham expects to start against the Chiefs Friday.

"It was exciting," Graham said of the promotion. "I just know that now Iíve gotta keep it."

Graham got the job after recording three tackles, a sack and two tackles for a loss against the Bengals.

"I had the most production on the D-line, so that was the biggest thing," he said.
beast
Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #44
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
It's crazy to see Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey suck so hard now in the pros. I go to a handful of LSU games each year and they were both good in college. Dorsey got messed up when the guy took out his knee in one of the late games his senior year. Tyson Jackson was a shock to get drafted so high to me. He was a good player but he was never as dominant as Glenn Dorsey was. Hopefully they both get it together.

Jackson was a reach but Dorsey was supposed to be the next great D-linemen.. I remember people had him going 1st overall, etc.

Jackson was a huge reach.. Everyone threw out a big when he got drafted..
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #45
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Yep he was definitely a reach. He never took over games like Dorsey did. And when Dorsey left he wasn't even really that great. Maybe he needs to get into a 4-3 system again. Isn't KC running the 3-4?
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: