Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    so we should fault lebron because he didn't come into the league and play with multiple hall of famers.

its a no win for him. he doesn't have even close to enough to win multiple titles in cleveland and then you call him a ring chaser if he leaves. sorry.....not everyone enters the league and gets to play with a top 8 player of all time like kobe and magic both did.
    Russell never played with a Top 8 Player of All Time. Neither did Bird. Neither did Jordan. Neither did Hakeem. Neither did Duncan. Neither did Rick Barry. Neither did Isiah Thomas. Need I go on? And none of them went to a team with a their era equivalent of what Wade is right now.

lebron got mo williams/jamison. bird got mchale and parrish with very good coaching and role players.
    BEFORE McHale and Parish, Bird was responsible for a 32-game turnaround from the second-worst record in the league to the best record in the league starting and an Eastern Conference Finals berth in year one. And if you're equating McHale and Parish's standing in the league to what Dwayne Wade is right now today, you're delusional.

you make it sound like lebron failed to win on a bunch of great teams or something. please leave lebron. the cavs will lose about 25 more games next year and might not make the playoffs.

so every other player in history outside of dunacan and hakeem can play with stacked teams and multiple hall of famers and truly elite top ten of all time guys....but lebron can't? why?
    How many of the top ten GOATs didn't win for years and went to a team with a their era equivalent of what Dwayne Wade is right now at this point in his career? Start naming people.

People say LeBron can potentially be the GOAT. That's a heavy burden. This would be trying to take the easy way.

this whole legacy thing is getting out of control shaq and kobe won three titles together and shaq is in the top 8 all time and at his peak was better than either wade or lebron.
    And that's why we've never heard anything about Kobe needing to win without Shaq to establish his legacy.

NBA rookie of the year

Kobe started complaining like a baby just a year after losing Shaq, he couldn't take it anymore, wanted out, wanted trades, Odom + Butler weren't good enough (I mean, lol, Butler + Odom are probably better no.2 and no.3 options than LeBron has ever had), etc. etc. etc.

LeBron's put his time in in Cleveland. If he's willing to take less money to play on a better team ... suddenly he's in the wrong for that?

I don't buy it. I think it's just a bunch of people afraid the Heat will win 4 or 5 titles.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    Russell never played with a Top 8 Player of All Time. Neither did Bird. Neither did Jordan. Neither did Hakeem. Neither did Duncan. Neither did Rick Barry. Neither did Isiah Thomas. Need I go on? And none of them went to a team with a their era equivalent of what Wade is right now.

BEFORE McHale and Parish, Bird was responsible for a 32-game turnaround from the second-worst record in the league to the best record in the league starting and an Eastern Conference Finals berth in year one. And if you're equating McHale and Parish's standing in the league to what Dwayne Wade is right now today, you're delusional.

you make it sound like lebron failed to win on a bunch of great teams or something. please leave lebron. the cavs will lose about 25 more games next year and might not make the playoffs.

How many of the top ten GOATs didn't win for years and went to a team with a their era equivalent of what Dwayne Wade is right now at this point in his career? Start naming people.

People say LeBron can potentially be the GOAT. That's a heavy burden. This would be trying to take the easy way.

i never said any of those guys did play with a top 8 player. just like wade is not even close to the top 8.....so i don't get your point.

did lebron not turn around the cavs? are you serious? the cavs won like 17 games i think before lebron. they won 35 in his first year....and he came out of high school....LOL
    42 in his 2nd year.....and they had lost boozer
    50 in his 3rd year
    50 in his 4th year
    45 in his 5th year
    66 in his 6th year
    61 in his 7th year

LOL. what do you expect him to do? or are you one of those morons that think the current cavs squad is on par with the lakers and celtics and magic??????

And that's why we've never heard anything about Kobe needing to win without Shaq to establish his legacy.

big difference. shaq was clearly the leader of that team and its best player. if kobe had won a couple finals mvps....or simply just played better on the biggest stage you would not hear about that.

again....it all comes down to level of play. if lebron sucks ass in the finals for a decade and wins 5 rings. then yes.....its going to diminish his legacy for sure.

but if lebron wins a bunch of titles and some finals mvps and plays great......it won't ever be brought up. that is why your logic is so off on this discussion.

I don't see it as a ***** move.

Magic played with Kareem and Worthy, thats a better trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Kobe started complaining like a baby just a year after losing Shaq, he couldn't take it anymore, wanted out, wanted trades, Odom + Butler weren't good enough (I mean, lol, Butler + Odom are probably better no.2 and no.3 options than LeBron has ever had), etc. etc. etc.

LeBron's put his time in in Cleveland. If he's willing to take less money to play on a better team ... suddenly he's in the wrong for that?

I don't buy it. I think it's just a bunch of people afraid the Heat will win 4 or 5 titles.
    yep.

exactly.

that is why the idiots on here and the common fan don't understand the game. they think wade/lebron/bosh is unfair......but kobe/gasol/bynum/artest/fisher/odom is just some average team that kobe elevated to a title.

gasol is better than bosh
    a healthy bynum brings a ton to the table in the playoffs
    fisher is one of the most clutch role players ever
    odom is one of the best bench players in the league
    artest is still a great defender
    kobe is a top 3 player in the league
    this team has great chemistry and defined roles by position
    they have the greatest coach of all time

sorry.....wade/lebron/bosh with a bunch of minimum contract guys and spoelstra as coach is not better at all on paper or on the court. it would be fun to watch.....but to act like its the most stacked team ever is just plain stupid.

coaching and role players and defense are vital to winning titles in the nba. stop ignoring how important coaching is people.......only 8 coaches have won a title in the last 25 years. think about that.

i never said any of those guys did play with a top 8 player. just like wade is not even close to the top 8.....so i don't get your point.
    You said that for Magic, I was pointing out the rest didn't. And none of them played with a player in their era who would be the equivalent of what Dwayne Wade is right now, at this point in his career, at his current age.

did lebron not turn around the cavs? are you serious? the cavs won like 17 games i think before lebron. they won 35 in his first year....and he came out of high school....LOL
    42 in his 2nd year.....and they had lost boozer
    50 in his 3rd year
    50 in his 4th year
    45 in his 5th year
    66 in his 6th year
    61 in his 7th year

LOL. what do you expect him to do? or are you one of those morons that think the current cavs squad is on par with the lakers and celtics and magic??????
    Ad hominem attacks are unnecessary. Address what I'm saying. Look at Jordan's path on the Bulls since he's who everyone's comparing him to.

big difference. shaq was clearly the leader of that team and its best player. if kobe had won a couple finals mvps....or simply just played better on the biggest stage you would not hear about that.
    It was brought up because Kobe was being continually compared to Michael Jordan. It probably wouldn't have been brought up if people weren't so intent on anointing him the new Greatest Basketball Player of All Time.

You said that for Magic, I was pointing out the rest didn't. And none of them played with a player in their era who would be the equivalent of what Dwayne Wade is right now, at this point in his career, at his current age.

Ad hominem attacks are unnecessary. Address what I'm saying. Look at Jordan's path on the Bulls since he's who everyone's comparing him to.

It was brought up because Kobe was being continually compared to Michael Jordan. It probably wouldn't have been brought up if people weren't so intent on anointing him the new Greatest Basketball Player of All Time.
    i totally agree.

that is the point. if bosh had come to the cavs lebron would have for sure stayed and his career path would be very similar to jordan. jordan broke through and won in year 7. lebron and bosh in cleveland would probably have won a title next year or the year after.

but bosh didn't go there. so now he is stuck. the cavs are not close to winning a title. they needed a big time top 15 player in the league. they aren't getting that. he has to leave if he wants to win.

agree somewhat about the kobe/jordan comparisons. but nobody would be hating on kobe at all if he played better in the finals. kobe set his own standards far higher than his play in the nba finals for his career. i think that is the biggest factor.

here is my main point. if lebron goes to miami and wins.....and plays well....most people will not focus on how much help he had. help only enters the conversation if you play poorly and win. so level of play is the biggest factor in my opinion.

now....the kicker.

lebron would not face any of this legacy stuff if he went to the bulls. but that is what is so absurd and is a tell tale sign that the average fan and poster on here don't understand the game.

the bulls with lebron/boozer/rose/noah is a much better team than what lebron/bosh/wade would be. i don't even think its close. the bulls would have more defined roles and already have a great young center in place to defend and board and protect the rime. lebron would clearly be the alpha dog. boozer is great in the pick and roll and would have no problem only taking 12 shots a game. rose would be somewhat of a question mark....but he could focus on defense and attacking more than he does now because it will open so much up for him on the court with offensive weapons like lebron/boozer.

thats the point. the bulls with lebron are far more talented and would just flat out be better than this "mega team".....yet lebron will take more "heat" going to miami than he would chicago.

and the inherent flaw in most average fans and posters on here is shown....they confuse spectacular with great and star with win.

Not airballing my layups anymore Tez62's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I don't see it as a ***** move.

Magic played with Kareem and Worthy, thats a better trio.

Why do people keep bringing this up? Pre-expansion, they had to go through another dynasty team in Boston, and 2 of the championship years KAJ was well past his prime. This is seriously a terrible comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez62
    Why do people keep bringing this up? Pre-expansion, they had to go through another dynasty team in Boston, and 2 of the championship years KAJ was well past his prime. This is seriously a terrible comparison.
    how so?

are the current lakers not on the verge of a dynasty? 3 finals trips in 3 years with 2 titles. 2 hall of famers with a well built team and the greatest coach ever.

the nba has always been top heavy. it was back in the 80s and it still is now. you need a great supporting cast and great coaching to win as a star. this has always been true.

Banned

the lakers overrating begins..

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by mamba24
    Point 1 : they pair up means they spilt their career averages. they all cant average 28ppg.

Bosh with either is a good pair...both with bosh? bad idea.

And yes...if they get to the finals and loose to the lakers its over...If the lakers lost it would not be as bad as them losing. Also i still believe the lakers can beat them...

Pau Gasol, ron Artest, Lamar, Steve Blake, kobe, Bynum, fisher...lol champions

vs 3 superstars and a team of scrubs...is bosh going to out rebound the laker bigs?

Is lebron and wade going to take turns in possesion getting to the rim?

BRING IT
    +1

Yall think the Lakers are gonna role over for the Heat? If they want the championship, they gotta come and take it

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Meh, I don't care if he goes to the Heat. B-ball fans focus too much on the indivdual too much. Why even have teams?

But, I do think if they keep the top 5 seperate on different teams, it does better for ratings and competition. I think teams should provide as much competition as they could so they could provide for better entertainment. I rather see Wade vs LeBron than Wade and LeBron teaming up.

But I don't care much if they team up or not. They still need to build a team.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

If so, then Celtics are the biggest b*tches ever.