Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #31
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Hit it right on the nose.


Shaq is only 34, is that reeally so overthehill in NBA big man years?

didnt Kareem play past 40?

dont big men in general tend to last longer in being able to play NBA longer?

I mean how old was Sabonis? He had to have been like 40 and still balling.

How old is Yao anyway?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #32
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Smokee is just some casual NBA fan who's trying to make a name for himself on ISH by proposing absolute BS to piss people off. Nobody knows Yao Ming better than Rockets fans. NOBODY.

We've watched him from the start and have witness his evolution from a skinny, soft spoken big man with great potential, to a dominant, insurmountable 7'6 center who is an early MVP candidate and arguably THE best center in the world. You dont average 27 points and shoot well over 55% FG in this league off pure LUCK. You are obviously aware that is pure bullsht. You dont shoot 88% FT by chance either.

Yao Ming has the league at his mercy. Shaq is nothing more than a bitter old fart who wont admit a China man is taking his throne. Somebody who has command of the power game, but prefers the finese game. Somebody who can shoot freethrows. Somebody who commands double and triple teams, yet still manages to score 27 ppg off pure LUCK.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #33
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Smokee is just some casual NBA fan who's trying to make a name for himself on ISH by proposing absolute BS to piss people off. Nobody knows Yao Ming better than Rockets fans. NOBODY.

We've watched him from the start and have witness his evolution from a skinny, soft spoken big man with great potential, to a dominant, insurmountable 7'6 center who is an early MVP candidate and arguably THE best center in the world. You dont average 27 points and shoot well over 55% FG in this league off pure LUCK. You are obviously aware that is pure bullsht. You dont shoot 88% FT by chance either.

Yao Ming has the league at his mercy. Shaq is nothing more than a bitter old fart who wont admit a China man is taking his throne. Somebody who has command of the power game, but prefers the finese game. Somebody who can shoot freethrows. Somebody who commands double and triple teams, yet still manages to score 27 ppg off pure LUCK.


funny thing is a casual NBA fan is WAY more objective than a pure Rockets fan

I wouldnt even say i'm casual, mebbe in the offseason, but i probably watch more NBA games on a weekly basis than you do during a full season kid
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #34
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
funny thing is a casual NBA fan is WAY more objective than a pure Rockets fan

I wouldnt even say i'm casual, mebbe in the offseason, but i probably watch more NBA games on a weekly basis than you do during a full season kid

Of course you watch every NBA game every week, b/c little boys have all the time in the world. Real men who have graduated from college are employed full time. So keep congratulating yourself on watching so much basketball, "kid". It hasnt raised your bball IQ one bit.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #35
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Of course you watch every NBA game every week, b/c little boys have all the time in the world. Real men who have graduated from college are employed full time. So keep congratulating yourself on watching so much basketball, "kid". It hasnt raised your bball IQ one bit.


guess 'real men' who have graduated college with full time jobs post on nba forums with kids? someone check this fool could be another child predator

wow youre a loser
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #36
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
k then lets talk about 'new and improved Shaq' jackass :stupid:

does Camby of 0 muscle mass also?

how about Darius Miles?

would Z. Randolph be nearly as good as he is on the boards and in the paint without his wide fatbody?

like i said scrub, when you actually play the sport and i'm not talking about NBA Live, you might know that thin doesnt always mean better. At least i'm the one making it a case by case basis while you morons act like every player thats thin doesnt get injured and automatically plays better.

i dont know if your punkass has 1 leg, no arms, and cant play ball for whatever reason. But if you did play some ball you'd know thin and lean isnt always a better player make, let alone all these stupidass generalizations you morons pretend are always true.

So from one sentence you conclude (with no basis which is contradictory to the rest of your post) that I've never played basketball before? Wrong again fatboy. I'm going to start calling you fat because you 'must' be since you are defending fat kids, being fat and unathletic in middle school boy, but it doesn't work even in highschool, let alone the NBA. I've exposed you before and you avoided my questions and pretended it didn't exist.

I'm an experienced weightlifter, and 'Darius Miles, Kenyon Martin are NO WHERE F*CKING NEAR the strength of Shaq in his prime. Strength is what made Shaq dominant, not fat. Explain this; How exactly does fat benefit you?
Does it make you stronger? No.
Does it make you faster? No.
Does it make you jump higher for rebounds and blocks? No.
Does it make you slower and less athletic? YES

What you don't realize is, if YOU ever played basketball, the fat kids only advantage on other's is being able to set a wider pick, and maybe hurt someone if they fell on top of him. Shaquille O'neal in his prime, had, by far, the greatest combination of upper and lower body strength in the league. And when he get's older, his strength and stamina go down with it. The only thing to do to counteract this is to burn off the uneeded fat to keep his stamina up during games.

I'd like to see a trainer or sports physician back you up
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #37
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman
 
ClutchCityReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 1,424
ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation
Default

Smokee, give it a rest. You clearly aren't adequately informed on this subject.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #38
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
So from one sentence you conclude (with no basis which is contradictory to the rest of your post) that I've never played basketball before? Wrong again fatboy. I'm going to start calling you fat because you 'must' be since you are defending fat kids, being fat and unathletic in middle school boy, but it doesn't work even in highschool, let alone the NBA. I've exposed you before and you avoided my questions and pretended it didn't exist.

I'm an experienced weightlifter, and 'Darius Miles, Kenyon Martin are NO WHERE F*CKING NEAR the strength of Shaq in his prime. Strength is what made Shaq dominant, not fat. Explain this; How exactly does fat benefit you?
Does it make you stronger? No.
Does it make you faster? No.
Does it make you jump higher for rebounds and blocks? No.
Does it make you slower and less athletic? YES

What you don't realize is, if YOU ever played basketball, the fat kids only advantage on other's is being able to set a wider pick, and maybe hurt someone if they fell on top of him. Shaquille O'neal in his prime, had, by far, the greatest combination of upper and lower body strength in the league. And when he get's older, his strength and stamina go down with it. The only thing to do to counteract this is to burn off the uneeded fat to keep his stamina up during games.

I'd like to see a trainer or sports physician back you up


Hahaha call me FAT, i could care less. I just know ball and have played ball with/agaiinst fatbody big men and KNOW girth creates space for them. Youre a f'in retard thats never played ball if you dont know that. What i'm saying is reality, has nothing to do with me or some stupid agenda, if you really have played ball like you said then you'd know fatbody's can help a player play bigger. This is strictly about truth and reality to me, not trying to prove some stupid point like you morons that act like everybody should be thin and lean to be able to play ball correctly.

To say Shaq was all strength is stupid in itself, he and everyone knows Shaq had a lot of fat. Youre not only a retard, you dont even know a thing about ball if you dont know that. Shaq even said himself he felt more dominant when he was fatter. Take a look at some of those old pics of 'dominant Shaq' and you'd see hit gut hanging over his waistline slightly.

I'm so sick of all the retards here reinventing history of how Shaq was all quickness and explosion, or how he was all strength. Shaq was just BIG you stuipdass mofos, BIGGER than everyone and threw his body around where everyone was scared of going at him and nobody wanted to be under him when he dunked. There are so many f'in idiots here that overanalyze or completely try and reinvent the obvious, that Shaq was as dominant as he was because dude was just BIG.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #39
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Smokee, give it a rest. You clearly aren't adequately informed on this subject.


I swear half of you ride each others *******s like a pile of potatoes. Trust me dude, i'm waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy more informed than most of you if you want to keep making the argument that fat doesnt add to a players ability to play ball.

Zack Randolph is a perfect case in point. Fortson is a case in point. There are many players who are good players due to their body size and girth.

Its like half of you dont even play ball and are on Jenny Craig trying to sell that **** to everyhone :rollingeyes:
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #40
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

[quote=Smokee]
Quote:
Hahaha call me FAT, i could care less.

Okay, fine, fatass. Good luck living past 20 without diabetes.

Quote:
I just know ball and have played ball with/agaiinst fatbody big men and KNOW girth creates space for them.
Then you suck if you are a guy that's all muscle mass with a combination of speed and more athleticism and can't get around/through him. The fat kid will get out muscles every time on the boards and in the post. Again you don't know what you are talking about.
Quote:
Youre a f'in retard thats never played ball if you dont know that. What i'm saying is reality, has nothing to do with me or some stupid agenda, if you really have played ball like you said then you'd know fatbody's can help a player play bigger.
Yep I'm now a "retard" for thinking muscle is better than fat, stupid me. I should have known the reality that fat>>>>>>>>Muscle and strength
Quote:
This is strictly about truth and reality to me, not trying to prove some stupid point like you morons that act like everybody should be thin and lean to be able to play ball correctly.

Then everyone has it out for you, my little fat friend. Because no one (Fat or not) has agreed with you because what you are insinuating is utterly unintelligent.

[quote]
Quote:
To say Shaq was all strength is stupid in itself, he and everyone knows Shaq had a lot of fat. Youre not only a retard, you dont even know a thing about ball if you dont know that.
Never said he wasn't fat idiot, I just said it helped him very little if any at all.

Quote:
Shaq even said himself he felt more dominant when he was fatter.

Link to quote? I believe he said when he was younger.
Quote:
Take a look at some of those old pics of 'dominant Shaq' and you'd see hit gut hanging over his waistline slightly.

It's funny, because in Orlando in his early years he was already part of the 50 greatest players ever when he had under a 10 BF%. So why didn't he suck then? Thing is, he was going to get even better gaining that fat or not.

Quote:
I'm so sick of all the retards here reinventing history of how Shaq was all quickness and explosion,
Reading comprehension will get you somewhere in life before you start tossing insults to people that are already more successful than you in life. I said STRENGTH was what made him so dominant, not "Quickness", idiot.

Quote:
or how he was all strength.

There you go!

Quote:
Shaq was just BIG you stuipdass mofos, BIGGER than everyone and threw his body around where everyone was scared of going at him and nobody wanted to be under him when he dunked.
That's his STRENGTH and POWER combined with his SIZE (7'2) the only thing to be afraid of if he was pure fat is to make sure he doesn't land on top of you if he trips.
Quote:
There are so many f'in idiots here that overanalyze or completely try and reinvent the obvious, that Shaq was as dominant as he was because dude was just BIG.


You are the only one overanalyzing this dumbass, he declined because he's getting older, period, end of story. It happens to everyone and Shaq is no exception.

Oh and for the record I have been playing organized ball for about 17 years and I think once you get out of middle school you may be able to understand.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 11-13-2006 at 06:03 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #41
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

[quote=XxNeXuSxX][quote=Smokee]
Okay, fine, fatass. Good luck living past 20 without diabetes.


Then you suck if you are a guy that's all muscle mass with a combination of speed and more athleticism and can't get around/through him. The fat kid will get out muscles every time on the boards and in the post. Again you don't know what you are talking about.

Yep I'm now a "retard" for thinking muscle is better than fat, stupid me. I should have known the reality that fat>>>>>>>>Muscle and strength


Then everyone has it out for you, my little fat friend. Because no one (Fat or not) has agreed with you because what you are insinuating is utterly unintelligent.

Quote:
Never said he wasn't fat idiot, I just said it helped him very little if any at all.


Link to quote? I believe he said when he was younger.


It's funny, because in Orlando in his early years he was already part of the 50 greatest players ever when he had under a 10 BF%. So why didn't he suck then? Thing is, he was going to get even better gaining that fat or not.


Reading comprehension will get you somewhere in life before you start tossing insults to people that are already more successful than you in life. I said STRENGTH was what made him so dominant, not "Quickness", idiot.



There you go!





You are the only one overanalyzing this dumbass, he declined because he's getting older, period, end of story. It happens to everyone and Shaq is no exception.

Oh and for the record I have been playing organized ball for about 17 years and I think once you get out of middle school you may be able to understand.



look you pipsqueak, lets talk about Zack Randolph. Is he not fat? Does he not average a double double and is probably putting up bigger numbers so far this year than anyone in the league? Does he not use his fatbody to his advantage? You're .99 cents aint going to do **** against a Zack Randolph down low.

Do you just regurgitate the stupid**** other people say here? Shaq is ONLY 34, Kareem played over the age of 40. Sabonis was like 40 and still balling. And all of a sudden Shaq is overthehill because hes 34? ****enA, gimme a better reason than that, considering i've never seen a decline like that at 34 from a big man. All some of you *****ass's do is just say what other people say because you cant think and observe for yourself.

Ya know for now on i'm going to call you $.99 cents
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #42
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

@ 17 years of playing ball

If you think Zack Randolph is only good for setting picks then your retard-league against your 1armed midget brother must be a great place to judge from
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #43
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 92
DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far
Default

Guys like Kareem and Sabonis were able to play until they were much older because they were very skilled at what the did, not simply freak atheltes. Shaq has never been a skilled basketball player, instead relying on his physical abiliteis. So when age begins to slow him down some, make him less able to do what he used to do as often as he used to do it, there's the appearence of an even larger decline. Shaq may very well get some what better through out the year, but he's not the player he once was, and has little or no chance to continue to play until he's 40. Most big men can keep playing because they are big and have skills, or in the case of a few, only because they are big (see Ostertag, Bradley, Deke). But they are far from dominating. There are always exceptions, but I'm pretty sure Shaw isn't going to be one...he doesn't put in the effort on a regular basis to be in good enough condition to keep playing that long.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #44
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

[quote=Smokee]
Quote:
@ 17 years of playing ball
I fail to see humor in the truth? :rollingeyes: Kids like you need a phucking beating sometimes.

Quote:
If you think Zack Randolph is only good for setting picks then your retard-league against your 1armed midget brother must be a great place to judge from

Your 10 rolling smiley's in your post aren't convincing anyone. And I love how you say I said stuff I never even mentioned;

Where did I even mention Zach Randolph in my posts? Why do you have to bullsh*t like this? one armed midget brother? You further strengthen my point that your an immature little brat that needs to go sit in his room and stop posting bullsh*t on the internet.

Back to Zach Randolph since you brought him up


First of all, where is all this fat you are mentioning, he may be a little overweight, but I don't see how you are actually using this to "defend" your """""Points""""". Zach is a guy that seems to rely on his post move skills and a little mid range shot in his game and get's his rebounds mostly by positioning and good technique, He seems to have more muscle on him than fat by looking at his pictures, and that would only help him on the boards.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #45
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

[quote=Smokee][quote=XxNeXuSxX][quote=Smokee]



Quote:
look you pipsqueak, lets talk about Zack Randolph. Is he not fat? Does he not average a double double and is probably putting up bigger numbers so far this year than anyone in the league? Does he not use his fatbody to his advantage? You're .99 cents aint going to do **** against a Zack Randolph down low.

Wrong.

Quote:
Do you just regurgitate the stupid**** other people say here?
I state facts, it's you who refuses to accept them Muscle=Strength, Size, and weight Fat=Fat. You still don't get that basic concept.
Quote:
Shaq is ONLY 34, Kareem played over the age of 40.

Jordan played to 34, Jim Brown played to 30, Barry Sanders 29, The big O to 36. What that phuck is your point? People declind at different ages due to their longetivitiy, big phucking whoop.

Quote:
Sabonis was like 40 and still balling. And all of a sudden Shaq is overthehill because hes 34? ****enA, gimme a better reason than that, considering i've never seen a decline like that at 34 from a big man.
Then you don't have a grasp on history, not our problem.
Quote:
All some of you *****ass's do is just say what other people say because you cant think and observe for yourself.

Again, fact is fact.

Quote:
Ya know for now on i'm going to call you $.99 cents

Go for it, because I'm the one using facts while you talk out of your fat ass, so as long as your still losing, go for it.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy