Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Exclamation errr

i'm not so sure about aldridge playing the 5 for us anymore.

he's only 6'10, 235 lbs, compared to bargnani's 7'1, 250 lbs.

i agree with you that the raps would have problems guarding the other pf's and c's in the league... but very few teams have more than one legit option in the post. toronto needs to defend like the suns, which is to rotate quickly on the perimeter, and do your best in the paint by getting good position, keeping your hands up and not fouling, while getting help defense when necessary. the difference between phoenix and toronto is that our post players won't have an average height of 6'7... instead, our 3 headed monster will average out to 6'11. all 3 of bargnani, bosh and villa have decent shot blocking abilities, so that kind of size down low at 3 positions will cause fits.

i agree though that aldridge would be the safer pick. but i wonder if he has the potential to warrant a #1 selection.

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

I think that LaMarcus Aldridge can still play the center position, just as much as Andrea Bargnani can, I think both will truly struggle a little bit with it, I'm not sure the extra 2 inches Bargnani has helps him at all.

I don't think the Suns really defend that well at all, so I won't even touch that subject, but I tend to agree that the sheer length of the Raptors will help them defend.

I still lean towards taking LaMarcus Aldridge #1 overall, though it doesn't matter much to me as long as Colangelo likes who he picks.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

i agree though that aldridge would be the safer pick. but i wonder if he has the potential to warrant a #1 selection.
    My thoughts exactly.

I like Aldridge, I liked what I saw whenever I watched a Texas game (other than the LSU one in the NCAA's) but if the management feels like Bargnani has a higher ceiling then I'm all for that.

Any possible extra attention and marketing from having the first Italian guy in the NBA is a nice plus too.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    My thoughts exactly.

I like Aldridge, I liked what I saw whenever I watched a Texas game (other than the LSU one in the NCAA's) but if the management feels like Bargnani has a higher ceiling then I'm all for that.

Any possible extra attention and marketing from having the first Italian guy in the NBA is a nice plus too.
    After all this discussion, we're going to be shocked when we're all waiting on draft night and we hear:

With the 1st pick in the 2006 NBA Entry Draft, the Toronto Raptors Select.. Tyrus Thomas, PF, LSU.

(I'm normally not a fan of emoticons but it fits so well.)

It's merely a joke, if we pick Tyrus, I will die. But seriously, I don't mind either Aldridge or Bargnani, it really depends on whom Colangelo likes, and none of us know what he wants.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Tyrus Thomas would definetly be shocking since there has been ZERO buzz about him at #1. Usually you hear snippets about everyone but I can't recall one instance where someone rumoured him at 1st overall.

Tyrus comes off as a bit of a punk and I just don't like his game all that much although recent reports are that his mid-range shot is improving which would be a big plus to his game.

I'm still hoping for Bargnani, Aldridge or Gay.

Why is everyone so high on Pryzbilla. The guy may be a great defender against the likes of a Shaq or Yao but 78 games out of 82 he is going to hurt us with his lack of speed and inability to keep up with the back and forth tempo that BC wants to impose on this team. That's assuming he even lasts 82 without landing on the injured reserve.

Personally I'd like to see us make an offer to RFA Chris Wilcox. I think he'd be great in the center position for the Raps and Lord knows he can fly up and down with the rest of that team. Plus I heard Seattle was interested in Mike James so there might be a S&T possibility there.

Default My bad

My last comment should probably have been a new thread.... rookie mistake.

I usually hit open layups Zalendar's Avatar

Tyrus Thomas was rumoured at #1 before the Raps won the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendar
    Tyrus Thomas was rumoured at #1 before the Raps won the lottery.
    I recall, I also believe that just had to do with the hype of his impressive NCAA Tournament, now that the tournament hype has died off a bit, he seems to have fallen back in status. For a couple days though, he was a sure lock for the #1 pick according to the mock drafts, obviously because of his exciting play and defensive abilties in the tournament.

I rule the local playground HalphbreedBaller's Avatar

Default I agree I think....

We should draft Bargnani!!!
    we should set up to trade down....
    and get veteran help plus another first round pick...from portland

2nd option would have to be Gay.....ive seen the highlights for all the top 6 draft players...and Bargnani and Gay look the most exciting and both have alote more potential than the other 4 top prospects...Bargnani has a rediculouse jump shot looks smoother than Dirk....plus he can block shots...
    Gay can dunk the hell out of a ball and makes freakish plays...a la Lebron James type plays....

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

says on real gm that tyrus thomas has cancelled his portland audition as he has a top 3 promise and its meant to be chicago (but to be honest i cant see any top 5 team wanting him as i think there are better fits avliable, however im not a nba scout)

word is that the 2 deals for the #1 pick going around are

#1 and alvin williams for #3 - on real gm

or

#1 for #4 and any portland player except jack and webster - chad ford insider

what would you rather have

the cap space from alvin williams trade or have a young talneted PG like sebastian telfair?

I rule the local playground HalphbreedBaller's Avatar

C: WILCOX/Bargnani/Sow
    PF: Bosh/Bargnani/Bonner/Garbajosa/Humphries
    SF:Charlie Villanueva/Joey Graham/Eric Williams
    SG: Morris Peterson/(either Ariza or Stevenson)/Roko Ukic
    PG: Luke Ridnour /Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic

Sign and Trade Mike James and Matt Bonner & a second rounder to Seattle for Chris wilcox and Luke Ridnour.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
    C: WILCOX/Bargnani/Sow
    PF: Bosh/Bargnani/Bonner/Garbajosa/Humphries
    SF:Charlie Villanueva/Joey Graham/Eric Williams
    SG: Morris Peterson/(either Ariza or Stevenson)/Roko Ukic
    PG: Luke Ridnour /Jose Calderon/Roko Ukic

Sign and Trade Mike James and Matt Bonner & a second rounder to Seattle for Chris wilcox and Luke Ridnour.

yer sure it looks nice but your implying mike james has some worth to anybody. the trade is way to lob sided to go down

I usually hit open layups Zalendar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    says on real gm that tyrus thomas has cancelled his portland audition as he has a top 3 promise and its meant to be chicago (but to be honest i cant see any top 5 team wanting him as i think there are better fits avliable, however im not a nba scout)

word is that the 2 deals for the #1 pick going around are

#1 and alvin williams for #3 - on real gm

or

#1 for #4 and any portland player except jack and webster - chad ford insider

what would you rather have

the cap space from alvin williams trade or have a young talneted PG like sebastian telfair?
    Interesting. I've heard that Chicago has a lot of interest in Thomas. It is interesting that they have given him a promise, though, it could be so that Portland wouldn't get a workout with him since they could be worried that Portland could be trying to trade up to the #1 pick and could take Thomas since they could use a good PF.

Interesting stuff.

If Thomas has a promise at number 2. I would for sure trade the #1 down to #3. Though, I'm not sure if the Bobcats would do that unless they wanted Thomas, which is unlikely since they are prob targeting Morrison, Gay or Roy.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore SirPresident's Avatar

I would not mind moving down to #4 and getting Telfair.