Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #31
asd
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 623
asd has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
-Hand checking rules
-New ball
-Time out lengths created to suit advertisement breaks
-Strict technicals for even rolling your eyes at a referee
-Dress code

-Some may even think the shorts length is debatable (personally I think long shorts are for thugs)

NEW BALL, HE SAYS!
-does having a new ball affect you being a fan of the NBA? do you say, "damn that new ball! I just want to stop watching now!"

Time out lengths created to suit advertisement breaks
-more money for the nba, and Stern should be fired because the NBA earns more money?

Strict technicals for even rolling your eyes at a referee
-Again, are you, now, not a fan of the NBA because of this rule?

Dress code
and again!

Try again with your inane remarks.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #32
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,393
MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
Um, why don't you try reading what Wikipedia had to say before using it to dispute what I said.

Yahoo broke broadcast.com into seperate services, Yahoo! Launch being one of them. Yahoo! launch is certainly not a bust and is in fact one of yahoo's better known and more successful services. It's obvious that broadcast.com benefited Yahoo! a great deal.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #33
Seņor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
NEW BALL, HE SAYS!
-does having a new ball affect you being a fan of the NBA? do you say, "damn that new ball! I just want to stop watching now!"

Watching low percentage games sucks

Quote:
Time out lengths created to suit advertisement breaks
-more money for the nba, and Stern should be fired because the NBA earns more money?

No, Stern should try and keep the game flowing for purists. I usually tape games, hide fro many source of score update, and watch the game fast forwarding ads.

Quote:
Strict technicals for even rolling your eyes at a referee
-Again, are you, now, not a fan of the NBA because of this rule?

Again it does deter me fro mwatching games. Having the best players ejected for rolling their eyes is stupid.

Quote:
Dress code
and again!

You are an idiot. I never argued that Stern would make me stop watching NBA, I'm a basketball fan, but he is taking the enjoyment out of the game, and trying to really leave his mark.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #34
naptown
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indy
Posts: 3
naptown has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
Um, why don't you try reading what Wikipedia had to say before using it to dispute what I said.


Dude, did you not read that Cuban sold a company that is used by millions daily? They just split it up into seperate companies. It was a VERY successful business before he sold it and is even more successful today.
naptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #35
asd
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 623
asd has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Most of what he did is not **** it up when it was heading in the right direction. Which is a positive...but its far from making him the savior of the league.

I don't know if you read the other guy's earlier post, but the NBA was losing money and going broke when Stern became commissioner of the NBA. Like I said earlier, Stern was a primary reason behind the NBA's financial success. Therefore, all that writing that you just did to prove your point is void.

But hey, maybe you knew that before you started writing and just wrote that essay to impress me with your grammar.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #36
asd
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 623
asd has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown
Dude, did you not read that Cuban sold a company that is used by millions daily? They just split it up into seperate companies. It was a VERY successful business before he sold it and is even more successful today.


You just made that last part up. Broadcast.com was the 90's version of YouTube. Broadcast.com, which can no longer be found, was sold for $5.7 Bil. YouTube was sold for $1.65 Bil. Yahoo could have purchased multiple Youtubes with that money. In fact, Cuban is envy with green over the success of Youtube, especially because of the failure of Broadcast.com. If you don't believe me, check out his blog at blogmaverick.com. Youtube is the only thing he talks about these days.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #37
Seņor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
But hey, maybe you knew that before you started writing and just wrote that essay to impress me with your grammar.

Breaking news!!!!!!!!
New NBA season brings new stupider posters to ISH.
In related news, Ced uses the ignore function on asd.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #38
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 12,983
Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
I don't know if you read the other guy's earlier post, but the NBA was losing money and going broke when Stern became commissioner of the NBA. Like I said earlier, Stern was a primary reason behind the NBA's financial success. Therefore, all that writing that you just did to prove your point is void.

Giving David Stern credit for saving the league because he was the commish during the media boom of the 80s and 90s is like giving Roosevelt full credit for ending the great depression. Or giving a movie studio president credit for the SciFi movie explosion because his studio helped make Star Wars.

Youre taking the work of thousands of players and people who created the media age and disregarding them for the sake of David Stern because hteir actions changed modern sports. David Stern cant be given credit for more NBA coverage when networks to cover it as they do now didnt EXIST before him. He cant be given credit for players making money when they made more than anyone in the 70s before him. He cant be given credit for being in charge when Magic, Bird, and MJ came along. He cant be given credit for nike spending billions to shove players images down our throats to sell shoes.

David Stern saving the NBA is a belief that comes from numbers with no consideration being given to the situation that created them.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #39
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,393
MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
You just made that last part up. Broadcast.com was the 90's version of YouTube. Broadcast.com, which can no longer be found, was sold for $5.7 Bil. YouTube was sold for $1.65 Bil. Yahoo could have purchased multiple Youtubes with that money. In fact, Cuban is envy with green over the success of Youtube, especially because of the failure of Broadcast.com. If you don't believe me, check out his blog at blogmaverick.com. Youtube is the only thing he talks about these days.

Again, Broadcast.com did not fail. Your understanding is faulty. Broadcast.com essensially became Launch.com or rather, Yahoo! Launch. Moreover, Launch has been very successful for Yahoo and is projected to continue to be successful, meaning that the aquisition of Broadcast.com was beneficial for Yahoo.

I don't think that Cuban is "green with envy," and he's certainly not "envy with green." As you yourself have admitted, YouTube sold for 1.65 billion... Broadcast.com sold for much more... If Cuban could do it all over and had a choice between the two, I'd think he'd pick his original company and the deal with Yahoo.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #40
asd
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 623
asd has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Giving David Stern credit for saving the league because he was the commish during the media boom of the 80s and 90s is like giving Roosevelt full credit for ending the great depression. Or giving a movie studio president credit for the SciFi movie explosion because his studio helped make Star Wars.

Youre taking the work of thousands of players and people who created the media age and disregarding them for the sake of David Stern because hteir actions changed modern sports. David Stern cant be given credit for more NBA coverage when networks to cover it as they do now didnt EXIST before him. He cant be given credit for players making money when they made more than anyone in the 70s before him. He cant be given credit for being in charge when Magic, Bird, and MJ came along. He cant be given credit for nike spending billions to shove players images down our throats to sell shoes.

David Stern saving the NBA is a belief that comes from numbers with no consideration being given to the situation that created them.

I'm not saying that Stern didn't ride the coattails Bird, Magic, and Jordan. Also, I'm not saying that David Stern invented the television.

What I am saying is that with the aid of his leadership, the NBA has experienced tremendous financial success, and he should not be fired.

-a new ball
-dress code
-higher basket

When it comes to firing the commissioner of the NBA, this type of reasoning is trivial and in no way should be held in higher light than the NBA's monumental revenues.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #41
asd
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 623
asd has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Again, Broadcast.com did not fail. Your understanding is faulty. Broadcast.com essensially became Launch.com or rather, Yahoo! Launch. Moreover, Launch has been very successful for Yahoo and is projected to continue to be successful, meaning that the aquisition of Broadcast.com was beneficial for Yahoo.

I don't think that Cuban is "green with envy," and he's certainly not "envy with green." As you yourself have admitted, YouTube sold for 1.65 billion... Broadcast.com sold for much more... If Cuban could do it all over and had a choice between the two, I'd think he'd pick his original company and the deal with Yahoo.


Of course Cuban would make that deal all over again. He sold it to YAHOO for over $5 Bil. dollars. With that money, YAHOO could have purchased multiple YouTube dot coms. You fail to see the point. Why continue?
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #42
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,393
MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
David Stern saving the NBA is a belief that comes from numbers with no consideration being given to the situation that created them.

Exactly... simply put, the players (especially Jordan, Magic, Bird, and others) were primarily responsible for the success of the league. Anyone that believes that Stern deserves more credit than the players must somehow be related to him. Moreover, there is more to player marketing than that done by the NBA... you have the sneaker market and product endorsements, both serving to provide players with more exposure...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #43
Seņor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
-a new ball
-dress code
-higher basket

When it comes to firing the commissioner of the NBA, this type of reasoning is trivial and in no way should be held in higher light than the NBA's monumental revenues.

A higher basket trivial?

Every basketball player i nthe world plays on a 10' hoop, but the NBA are going to play on a higher one? P-lease!
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #44
asd
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 623
asd has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
A higher basket trivial?

Every basketball player i nthe world plays on a 10' hoop, but the NBA are going to play on a higher one? P-lease!

"On no! A higher basket. The NBA is going down the drain now. Stern should be fired!"
Cry me a river..
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #45
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 12,983
Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Well I never said he should be fired. Just that the NBA doing well isnt because of him. I dont think hes a great commish. And he sure as hell didnt save the NBA. But hes done little to damage the league in a major way. But if you remove David Stern and replace him with a pineapple over the last 20 years the NBA wouldnt have just dissolved. The commish is the most overrated position in most leagues. They have as much to do with the existance of the league as the President does with the existance of america. Sure they make some calls...but the calls would get made with or without them.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy