Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #16
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A Dirk led team will NEVER win a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I know, but come on dude, your screen name is very misleading.
gtfo. Showtime is a style of play, and it's not exclusively a Laker term, even though I liked some players on those teams. Sorry I took your first choice of name, but it's not misleading at all, because I'm not pretending to be a fan of Kobe, or Nash.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board

I don't think Dirk will win a championship.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
gtfo. Showtime is a style of play. It's not exclusively a Laker term, even though I liked those teams. Sorry I took your first choice of name, but it's not misleading at all, because I'm not pretending to be a fan of Kobe.

Whatever, you're name is misleading and you know it! Hell, when I hear showtime, the first thing that comes to mind is Magic Johnson, who happened to play for.... the LAKERS!
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Whatever, you're name is misleading and you know it! Hell, when I hear showtime, the first thing that comes to mind is Magic Johnson, who happened to play for.... the LAKERS!
The term "showtime" has been used for exciting basketball. It has been used to describe a team's style, or even single plays. It does NOT exclusively belong to the Lakers. So just because you think of the showtime lakers when you hear it doesn't mean I'm deliberately trying to make everybody think I like the Lakers. And as I said, I did like some players on those showtime laker teams, but it doesn't make me a fanatic Laker supporter. So the name is only misleading to retards.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #20
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5

If he plays on a contending team, he's going to win an NBA title.

Dirk is a better player than Prime Allen and Prime Pierce. He deserves to win an NBA title in the near future.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #21
KoolKat
National High School Star

KoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5

People said the same thing about KG.
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #22
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

Agreed. As long as Stern is still in power, a German superstar has no chance, because Jewcifer will screw with him.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #23
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofgods
Agreed. As long as Stern is still in power, a German superstar has no chance, because Jewcifer will screw with him.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #24
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat

Yea, but they were right in the sense because they said that by taking into account KG as the #1 option.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #25
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat
I know, I just don't see Dirk winning a Championship as the leader, I could be wrong though.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #26
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofgods
Yea, but they were right in the sense because they said that by taking into account KG as the #1 option.
KG was the most consistent Celtic throughout the Playoffs and he led the team in scoring in the Playoffs.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #27
steeph28
Custom User Title

steeph28 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
The term "showtime" has been used for exciting basketball. It has been used to describe a team's style, or even single plays. It does NOT exclusively belong to the Lakers. So just because you think of the showtime lakers when you hear it doesn't mean I'm deliberately trying to make everybody think I like the Lakers. And as I said, I did like some players on those showtime laker teams, but it doesn't make me a fanatic Laker supporter. So the name is only misleading to retards.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable assumption to guess that you're a Laker fan if no one knew anything about you. No, the term "showtime" does not belong to the Lakers but I'd venture to guess if you poll most knowledgeable basketball fans, most often than not they would relate the two. Little harsh to call someone a retard because of it...
steeph28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #28
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeph28
I think it's a perfectly reasonable assumption to guess that you're a Laker fan if no one knew anything about you.

Then as I said, anybody making that assumption based on the name is a retard.

Quote:
No, the term "showtime" does not belong to the Lakers but I'd venture to guess if you poll most knowledgeable basketball fans, most often than not they would relate the two. Little harsh to call someone a retard because of it...
Relating the two is one thing, because they are related. Making an assumption of exclusivity based upon that relation is another (i.e. single team instead of the style they played). And, using that assumption to take another step of assuming I'm deliberately deceiving people is a leap of ignorance I don't even want to address further.

Last edited by Showtime : 09-18-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The OPs premise to stupid.

NO player can lead a team to a title unless the squad is properly built around him.

MJ couldn't win until he got Pippen and Phil w/players who understood the triangle.

Shaq could not win without Kobe and DWade plus very good defenders around him.

Kobe could not win without Pau, Odom, Fisher and a great defense.

KG could not win until he had a super team built around him with Jesus and Pierce and.... more defense.

Sorry but the OPs post is asinine.

Dirk actually has a very solid chance this year if JHo works out at SG and they can get at least one more big to clog the middle and defend the paint with Dampier.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #30
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

He got closer than most guys do and he did it with less.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: