Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Fantasy Football News, Notes, and Tidbits

Jonathan Stewart is not listed on the injury report for Sunday. I'd still proceed with caution starting him considering he has been out of action for almost a month and is facing a stout Philadelphia defense but good news for J-Stew owners nonetheless.

Pierre Thomas is going to be listed as questionable and more than likely won't get on the field in a very juicy match up vs. Detroit. Reggie Bush is also nicked up so the Saints plan on using him sparring. Mike Bell deserves a roster spot in all leagues and is a nice flex option this week.

Malcolm Kelly was named the starting WR in Washington. This doesn't have a lot of fantasy relevance but worth noting. All Redskins and Giants should be used sparingly because this matchup typically turns out to be a defensive struggle.

Brady Quinn was named the starter in Cleveland. He has low end QB2 value. You can most likely find a better option as of now on the waiver wire.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football News, Notes, and Tidbits

How come there isn't a fantasy football subforum, or why not make the fantasy basketball a fantasy football section too?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Guys I love this week (must starts):

Aaron Rodgers vs Chicago Defense - Rodgers coming off a very impressive preseason shouldn't miss a beat vs a shaky Chicago pass defense.

Projection: 24-36 for 298 and 3 TD's

Ray Rice vs Kansas City Defense - KC is a team in transition while Ray Rice has not only won the starting job in Baltimore but has been one of the more impressive players in the preseason. He is a must start in all leagues.

Projection: 17 carries for 82 yards and 6 catches for 56 yards with a TD

Anquan Boldin vs SF - He's been listed as questionable but won't be missing this game. Interesting to note that Boldin when on the field at the same time as Fitzgerald is typically more productive of the two.

Projection - 7 catches for 121 and a TD

Matt Hasselbeck vs St. Louis - I don't care if he's your QB2 he is basically a must start vs St. Louis. I'd only start Rodgers, Brees, and Brady in front of him. Rams are not a good team and the Seahawks are primed for a nice bounce back in 09.

Projection: 22 of 32 for 274 and 2 TD's.

Greg Jennings vs Chicago - Expect him to take advantage of Chicago's secondary woes. Start him without hesitation.

Projection 6 catches for 133 and 1 TD.

*Sleeper* Chris Henry vs Denver Broncos - Quite possibly the most impressive player of the entire preseason. This is a WR3 with unlimited upside who should be started with confidence vs. a bad Denver defense.

Projection 4 catches for 92 yards and 1 TD.

More to come...
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Eddie Royal vs Cin - Eddie Royal is a flat out PPR beast and should be started in virtually all formats with confidence. This week is no exception vs is mediocre Bengal defense.

Projection - 9 catches for 108 yards 1 TD.

Anthony Gonzalez - Not only does Gonzalez have a great QB tossing him the ball but he has Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark to take a lot of pressure of him. Jacksonville's secondary is shaky and Gonzalez should sneak into the endzone.

Projection - 6 catches for 78 yards and 1 TD.

Leon Washington vs Houston - Washington is simply too dynamic and too good to keep out of your lineups. He'll find the end zone whether it's on the ground or through the air. A flex option with upside.

Projection 9 carries for 44 yards and 6 catches for 39 and 1 TD.

John Carlson vs St. Louis - This guy is really good and really unheralded. He ranks as my top tight end this weekend.

Projection 6 catches for 86 yards and 2 TD's.

Dustin Keller vs Houston - A TE is always a great safety blanket for a young QB. It's especially comforting that Keller posses Antonio Gates athleticism and can really run. He's been a complete stud in the preseason and is looking like Sanchez's go to targe.

Projection: 7 catches for 95 yards and 1 TD.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Players I'd avoid starting this week:

QB:

Philip Rivers vs Oakland: Oakland has a very good pass defense (10th overall last year) led by all world corner Nnamdi Asomugha. Not to mention the Raiders ranked dead last in run defense so this only makes sense.

Tony Romo vs TB - Expect this game to be ugly. Romo will play okay but if you have Joe Flacco, Matt Hasselbeck, or Carson Palmer slide Romo to the bench.

Matt Ryan vs Miami - Miami has a really tough defense. Points are hard to come back. Matty Ice will struggle in this match up and I'd feel more comfortable with David Garrard per say.

WR:

Vincent Jackson - See Philip Rivers

Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes vs Tennessee - Most of the Steelers pass production will come from Heath Miller and/or Mewelde Moore. One of them might sneak a TD in but I'd look at other options in this tough match up.

Santana Moss vs Washington - Corey Webster is one of the best young corners in the league and will be shadowing Moss most of the day. Not a good match up for Santana.

RB:

Brandon Jacobs vs Washington - Washington's defense was already a top 5 defense without Albert Haynesworth. The Giants can run on anyone but their line has been shaky and I believe they'll get off to a slow start. If you don't believe me see NYG vs Skins Week 1 match match up last year (16-7 win for NYG). Lots of field goals.

Ryan Grant vs Chicago - Tough match up for an unspectacular back in Grant. He'll get the carries but I just don't see a lot of productions. I'd be okay flexing him but I'd avoid all together ideally.

Jamal Lewis vs Minnesota - Do I really need to write why? 3.4 ypc carry last year vs the top rush D in the league. Enough said.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Feedback?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Matt Hasselbeck vs St. Louis - I don't care if he's your QB2 he is basically a must start vs St. Louis. I'd only start Rodgers, Brees, and Brady in front of him. Rams are not a good team and the Seahawks are primed for a nice bounce back in 09.

Projection: 22 of 32 for 274 and 2 TD's.

This is the major guy I have a problem with. The Rams defensive weakness is on the ground not through the air as you saw with both Maurice Morris and Julius Jones tearing them up last year. Hasselback has also never thrown for more than 250 yards against the Rams since October 2005. Look for new coach Steve Spagnuolo to dial up the heat and keep the game close while Steven Jackson gains above 150 yards and leads the Rams to a close victory over the Seahawks.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

some of my own:

like:

Cedric Benson: Don't like him on the year but who doesn't run on the Broncos? I'll say 21 carries for 145 yds and 2 td. Biggest week of the year for him.

Dwayne Bowe: Broken down LJ will not do ANYTHING vs the Ravens, they will be forced to pass a lot and Bowe should get lots of targets against Baltimore's smaller CBs. 130 yds 1 TD.

*sleeper*: Ahmad Bradshaw. I think the Giants should win this game comfortably. Jacobs will wear em down and bruise them up then Bradshaw will rip off some long runs. I'll say 8 rushes for 65 yds and 2 catches for 15 yds with a TD.

dont like:

Darren McFadden: SD's linebackers, safeties and ends are all beasts. With big Jamal Williams pluggin the middle up. Plus SD's offense will pull out to a big lead and only make it bigger by forcing Russell to throw pick after pick. Mcfadden 11 carries 30 yds.

Fred Jackson: NE will blow out the Bills handily and Jackson will get shut down, Bills fans will be yearning for BEASTMODE. Jackson 14 rush for 35 yds and 4 catches for 20 yds. NE over Bills 45-6.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Fred Jackson: NE will blow out the Bills handily and Jackson will get shut down, Bills fans will be yearning for BEASTMODE. Jackson 14 rush for 35 yds and 4 catches for 20 yds. NE over Bills 45-6.
Fred Jackson absolutely tore up the New England front 7 to the tune of 136 yards on the ground. Expect TO and Lee Evans to take some pressure off him and him to be heavily involved in the game. He also has something to prove with Marshawn suspended. While it's not a GREAT play he's definitely a serviceable flex option especially in PPR format.

I agree with most of your other picks although I think you're a little too high on Cedric Benson. Has he ever ran for over 125 in his career?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

im leaning towards starting jackson.

here is my roster.

and heres my week 1 matchup
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
lolwut
I tip for good cervix.

lolwut has decent reputationlolwut has decent reputation

What are your thoughts for my WR3 start this week.

Santonio Holmes v. Tenn.

or

Devin Hester v. Green Bay?

only question mark on my roster this week.
lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
This is the major guy I have a problem with. The Rams defensive weakness is on the ground not through the air as you saw with both Maurice Morris and Julius Jones tearing them up last year. Hasselback has also never thrown for more than 250 yards against the Rams since October 2005. Look for new coach Steve Spagnuolo to dial up the heat and keep the game close while Steven Jackson gains above 150 yards and leads the Rams to a close victory over the Seahawks.
For starter's Seattle's defense is vastly improved. Hasselbeck coming off an injury ridden season has looked excellent in the preseason. Not to mention the acquisition of TJ Houshmandzadeh and the emergence of John Carlson. Spags doesn't have a lot to work with especially after losing Adam Carriker for the season.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #13
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut
What are your thoughts for my WR3 start this week.

Santonio Holmes v. Tenn.

or

Devin Hester v. Green Bay?

only question mark on my roster this week.
Although I'm not super high on Santonio this week I'm stiller higher on him than Devin Hester.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
im leaning towards starting jackson.

here is my roster.

and heres my week 1 matchup
I'd sit Vincent Jackson for DeSean Jackson.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
lolwut
I tip for good cervix.

lolwut has decent reputationlolwut has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Although I'm not super high on Santonio this week I'm stiller higher on him than Devin Hester.

he torched Tenn. last year so I'm leaning toward Santonio

for some reason ESPN projects Hester to catch for about 70 yards and a td this week...

considering how awful espn fantasy projections usually are that means Hester will probably do nothing at all

I was going to go WR-WR in my draft (8th pick) but Andre and Fitz were off the board by 8 and Forte was still there. Done and done. Moss and Megatron went right after my pick so I snagged Chris Johnson next.

how quickly I went from WR-WR to RB-RB...but I think I had to. I managed to get Aaron Rodgers, Portis (in round 4), Braylon Edwards, Anthony Gonzalez, Santonio/Hester and Olsen to round out my normal starters

handcuffed Donald Brown, Leon Washington, and Mendenhall

Last edited by lolwut : 09-09-2009 at 07:12 PM.
lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: