Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Can Goran Suton be a second rounder?

I know he lacks size for a NBA center but what are his chances of being a 2nd rounder? If he doesn't get drafted he'll probably go internationally. Discuss.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Goran Suton

From what I've seen of him, he is neither strong enough nor quick enough to even stand a chance in the NBA.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Same thing as Brad Miller to me. I guess he's smaller tho don't know off hand though.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

He isn't better than his former teammate, Paul Davis, who's not getting any burn in the NBA. So, I don't see much of a NBA future for him.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

There is no way Suton sniffs the league IMO.

How many unathletic undersized white guys w/out a special skill are in the league right now??

There is no way he is able to defend or rebound against NBA Bigs, and his offense isnt nearly good enough to make up for it.

He will be getting 6-figure deals overseas though so props
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Default Re: Can Goran Suton be a second rounder?

Suton is about two or three inches shorter than anyone he could possibily be compared to in the NBA. The average power forward and center in the NBA would out muscle him. If he is even drafted, it's a pick for the D-League.

Suton needs to finish up at Michigan St. and get a degree. Oversea's would be a great option also.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Suton is about two or three inches shorter than anyone he could possibily be compared to in the NBA. The average power forward and center in the NBA would out muscle him. If he is even drafted, it's a pick for the D-League.

Suton needs to finish up at Michigan St. and get a degree. Oversea's would be a great option also.

He's a senior. He's done with his career tonight. It'd be stupid for him not to test out NBA waters.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Why do you guys act like the guy is 6'7?

He's listed at 6'10. Now he may not be exactly 6'10, but he certainly isn't small.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Yeah, the dude didn't look small next to Hasheem Thabeet, I would guess Suton is about 6'9, 240-250. He's not athletic, but he is strong, skilled (can pass, shoot, and defend), and most importantly, smart. MSU uses him as almost a point center, they run the offense throught him much like David Padgett at Louisville last year and Greg Monroe at Georgetown. Not saying he's as talented as Monroe, but it demonstrates how skilled and intelligent Suton is.

If Suton performs well tonight, win or lose, I see no reason why a team that needs cheap frontcourt depth wouldn't pick him in the second round, he is the kind of guy who could crack a rotation despite not being a great athlete or leaper. Remember, he was the top rebounder in the Big Ten and is a huge reason why his team is in the Championship game. At least don't act like he's a nothing.

Anyways, Goran is a senior so he's done with college one way or another after tonight's game, so there is no reason why he shouldn't enter his name in the NBA draft, and if he doesn't get drafted he would certainly have a good chance of being signed in Europe and having a nice career.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: