Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #17
indenial
Banned

indenial has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
You sir are insane.
Maybe but, I aint stupid Porter was better! He was the MVP of the Blazers...better than the Glide in my opinion....10 times more clutch also!
indenial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #18
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The Nash groupies are so out of control, though, that next they'll be saying that he's the GOAT.

omg GOAT!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #19
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
The Nash groupies are so out of control, though, that next they'll be saying that he's the GOAT.

wtf GOAT?!?!?!?????
Old 09-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #20
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

wow. what a question. in his prime Isiah would dust the floor with Nash. in any given regular season game Nash might have a good game against him but in a seven game series, Isiah would own him.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #21
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Zeke

HANDS DOWN!!!
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #22
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by indenial
I'd take a prime Terry Porter over either Nash or Thomas ring or no ring MVP or no MVP.

Ok I can officially not take this seriously!!!
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #23
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

nash = 2 mvps
zeke= marbury, francis, curry, q rich, spike lee.

i'll take nash anyday.

nash=g.o.a.t. for sure
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #24
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
nash = 2 mvps
zeke= marbury, francis, curry, q rich, spike lee.

i'll take nash anyday.

nash=g.o.a.t. for sure

wtf GOAT?!?!?!?????
Old 09-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #25
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

I can't believe anyone is taking indenial seriously, he exists just to make crazy statements. That's what he does and he knows it, I can't believe some people still try to argue with him.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #26
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Okay I finally read that Stockton vs. Nash debate and I hardly see how Nash groupies are the worst on the board . . .

There was 1 person, and that was SZ86, who just said "Nash over Zeke easily." He also said Zeke = Spike Lee, which leads me to believe he is also just kidding.

Other then that there were only 2 posters, who thought Nash was better then Stockton, and they both said it was close and provided reasons for their choice. How does that make them the worst groupies?

Oh, there was a Laker fan who felt Nash was a better long range shooter, and I agree.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #27
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Okay I finally read that Stockton vs. Nash debate and I hardly see how Nash groupies are the worst on the board . . .

There was 1 person, and that was SZ86, who just said "Nash over Zeke easily." He also said Zeke = Spike Lee, which leads me to believe he is also just kidding.

Other then that there were only 2 posters, who thought Nash was better then Stockton, and they both said it was close and provided reasons for their choice. How does that make them the worst groupies?

Oh, there was a Laker fan who felt Nash was a better long range shooter, and I agree.
You mean Isiah, not Stockton. And what I said about the Nash groupies went beyond just this thread. After "winning" both MVPs it was ridiculous to come in and look at post after post talking about how Nash "deserved" the MVP, as though he was the only one worthy.

I like Nash as a player, but he didn't deserve either MVP, You'll never get the groupies to admit the truth, though.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #28
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
You mean Isiah, not Stockton. And what I said about the Nash groupies went beyond just this thread. After "winning" both MVPs it was ridiculous to come in and look at post after post talking about how Nash "deserved" the MVP, as though he was the only one worthy.

I like Nash as a player, but he didn't deserve either MVP, You'll never get the groupies to admit the truth, though.
:stupid:
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:07 PM   #29
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
who is better???? I think Isiah Thomas but I could be wrong. I just think if you put Isiah in Phoenix they would be sick with his ball handling quickness and clutch ability. They would have like 2 titles already.

Better overall? I think they're a little too close to say, it depends on what you need from them.

Need a scorer? Isiah
Need a passer? Nash

That's not to say Isiah can't pass, or Nash can't score, but it really depends on what you need. A team with offensive weapons at the other four slots certainly doesn't need 20-25ppg from it's point guard. But if you've got a team with a couple stoppers and a couple jacks of all trades, having that scorer running your team is a seriously benefit.

I think Isiah was a little better at directing the half court offense and Nash is a bit better with the open floor/broken plays/improvisation.

That said, I think Phoenix would’ve been better with Isiah than it is with Nash, just because I think Marion is a little bit better when he’s not relied on to be a scorer, and you can run with players like Diaw and Bell, who while they’re offensively capable, they’re not scorers by trade. I think it’s really tough to say if the Bad Boys era Pistons would be better or worse off with Nash. A convincing argument could really be made either way.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #30
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

I agree completely. I'll always consider Stockton to be a better point guard than Nash, and just how many MVPs did Stockton win? ;)

Nash as MVP, let alone two years running, just goes to show you the true state of the NBA these days: Diluted.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: