Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
mtaclof
Decent playground baller

mtaclof has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Orlando legit now?

Come on now, they're a GOOD team, and I'm a C's fan. I hate Florida teams, and I'm gonna go ahead and say Orlando and LA are not greatly separated for the title of 3rd best team thus far.
Or are you gonna chalk this up to Jameer being streaky at the right time?
mtaclof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Is Orlando legit now?

yep.

1 regular season victory makes you legit.

by the way the Thunder are legit.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Magic have been legit, and regardless, one game in December won't determine if a team is legit or not.

Bucks up 30 in December, are they legit?

Last edited by qrich : 12-20-2008 at 10:51 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Heat are legit.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Orlando is legit because they are a good team, not because of beating the Lakers. Anyone can beat the Lakers right now, period.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
mtaclof
Decent playground baller

It's not this one victory that makes them legit. However, it may be this victory that opens the eyes of the rest of the naysayers.
qrich - I'm very aware that they're legit, and have been. I wish they'd been healthy when they'd played the C's. I wanted to see an exciting match. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some of u guys sound like clowns
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #8
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

philly has a 3 point lead on indiana right now in the 4th quarter. if they can hang on, philly will be legit.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #9
mtaclof
Decent playground baller

Let me reiterate. I'm not saying that this win vaults the Magic up to the top of the pecking order. I'm just saying that it's just become a lot harder for the doubters to justify it to themselves. I'm just wondering when we'll stop seeing Orlando constantly outside the discussion of the truly good teams.
My personal belief is that they're lack of a real wing guy will limit their effectiveness in the playoffs against Boston, and their lack of a defender for LBJ will kill them against Cleveland.
Nevertheless, they are very good, and deserve to be considered so.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its not just about beating the Lakers, they're 21-6 and also just beat the Spurs on Thursday. I'm not sure why people are acting like the Lakers are the only team they've beaten, they've been rolling along all year and people have been trying to find reasons to not call them elite.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #11
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Its not just about beating the Lakers, they're 21-6 and also just beat the Spurs on Thursday. I'm not sure why people are acting like the Lakers are the only team they've beaten, they've been rolling along all year and people have been trying to find reasons to not call them elite.

and they beat the Jazz without Dwight on the Roady
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #12
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

They aren't the same caliber of team as the Celtics, or even the Cavaliers, so no, I don't believe they're legit title contenders.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #13
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaclof
Let me reiterate. I'm not saying that this win vaults the Magic up to the top of the pecking order. I'm just saying that it's just become a lot harder for the doubters to justify it to themselves. I'm just wondering when we'll stop seeing Orlando constantly outside the discussion of the truly good teams.
My personal belief is that they're lack of a real wing guy will limit their effectiveness in the playoffs against Boston, and their lack of a defender for LBJ will kill them against Cleveland.
Nevertheless, they are very good, and deserve to be considered so.

Actually your question does just that. You said "now", meaning after the L.A. win.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:19 PM   #14
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Nobody (or everybody, depending on who you ask) is legit until the playoffs.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #15
mtaclof
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Actually your question does just that. You said "now", meaning after the L.A. win.
That's because I'm not asking myself, nor people who already thought Orlando was good. I'm asking the people who denied it before!!
Jeez guys.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: