Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
starface
Banned

Default According to Hollinger power rankings, Clippers > Pistons, Raptors

hey, im just sayin.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: According to Hollinger power rankings, Clippers > Pistons, Raptors

They are better then the raptors. pistons are iffy.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
starface
Banned

Randolph is basically completing the vision of what we thought this team would look like at the beginning of the year, only we thought Kaman would be doing it. We knew Camby would be a dominant rebounder and shot blocker and all-around "things to help you win" player, we knew Baron would run the offense and be creative, we knew Thornton and Mobley (now Gordon) could defend wing players well and score some points in bunches, and we thought Kaman was going to be a dominant post scorer playing along Camby who was gonna do the other things and play the high post. That never happened and Kaman was a brutal disappointment. We've played good defense all season, but our awful start was the result of really just not being able to get baskets when we needed them. Now that Randolph is in, basically the whole dynamic of what we thought this team was gonna look like has come to life. And now the Clippers look like a team with a starting five that could rival just about any in the league. Only thing we need now is a bench. Hopefully Dunleavy can flip Kaman into some depth and maybe a draft pick.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

clippers> raptors , but pistons>clippers
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Grinder

The Clippers record isn't really that accurate to how they've been playing. They've blown so many games in the last few minutes, they could easily be looking at .500 record if they had closed out some games.

Baron Davis / Hart / Taylor
Gordon / Collins
Thornton / Ricky Davis
Randolph / Novak / Skinner
Kaman / Camby / Paul Davis / Jordan

Should be a very solid team.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Kaman wasnt a brutal dissapointment due to his play, it's just that he wasnt healthy. Randolph isnt close to the defender Kaman is. Still I'm all for trading Kaman if they want to win now. The Clippers have commited money to older guys for years, might as well ride it out and try to hold on Gordon while getting an upgrade at SF or SG for Kaman (and maybe Thornton). I see things exploding sooner than later.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Bert thing with Randolpg and Camby there COULD be their influence on Deandre and Kaman btw.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
clippers> raptors , but pistons>clippers
The way the pistons are playing and the way randolph has provided the clippers with that low post scorer that they've lacked since brand, it's not set in stone that the pistons are better. i think it's a very close call right now. the clippers have a better starting frontline while the pistons have the better primeter players and much deeper.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Kaman wasnt a brutal dissapointment due to his play

Well I was brutally disappointed with his play. How many times did Baron knife through the lane and draw coverage and then dish to Kaman who either wasnt ready for the pass or didnt see it coming and just fumbled it out of bounds. And then there was Kaman's signature "post a guy up from 18 feet away" where he'd put the ball on the floor and try to back down his man from seriously like a ridiculous distance from the basket, instead of kicking it out and establishing deeper position, and just like clock work every time he'd try to back his man down from way too far out with the dribble a guard would just come up and steal it. This honestly happened multiple times every single game, Kaman was a straight up turnover MACHINE. And we cant forget how every time he'd catch a lob in the post or get an offensive rebound, he'd try to dribble and go back up on the reverse side of the basket instead of just going right up immediately. This caused numerous turnovers/blocked shots/missed layups.

It seemed like he could never just do something the easy way. Whereas with Randolph, he does everything the easy way. He doesnt over think stuff cause he seriously doesnt even think. He just goes out there to score the ball and thats what he does. He catches EVERY entry pass that you even throw NEAR him. His hands are unbelievable. He just goes from A to B. He gets the ball, he puts it in the basket. Kaman was going from A to D to M to R just to get back to B. Dude was a mess.

And despite Kaman being a better individual defender than Randolph, Randolph isnt playing bad defense, and Camby is like two defenders in one anyway, our defense really hasnt dropped off with the absence of Kaman.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
Beebo
Good college starter

All NBA teams > Raptors

I mean they lost to the ****ing Thunder.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

I've posted this over and over again but I would love a swap built around Kaman/Ricky for Salmons/Moore. Obviously, Kings would need to add more to it, but I'd love it. They can have a future PF/C duo of Hawes and Chris, which could be scary if Hawes develops. And then Thompson at SF.

Or, with Crash being on the block, a Kaman for Wallace type of deal would also be great.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:15 PM   #12
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
Well I was brutally disappointed with his play. How many times did Baron knife through the lane and draw coverage and then dish to Kaman who either wasnt ready for the pass or didnt see it coming and just fumbled it out of bounds. And then there was Kaman's signature "post a guy up from 18 feet away" where he'd put the ball on the floor and try to back down his man from seriously like a ridiculous distance from the basket, instead of kicking it out and establishing deeper position, and just like clock work every time he'd try to back his man down from way too far out with the dribble a guard would just come up and steal it. This honestly happened multiple times every single game, Kaman was a straight up turnover MACHINE. And we cant forget how every time he'd catch a lob in the post or get an offensive rebound, he'd try to dribble and go back up on the reverse side of the basket instead of just going right up immediately. This caused numerous turnovers/blocked shots/missed layups.

Yeah but that's exactly what you'll get from Kaman. So I'm not dissapointed really. With Brand it just looks better, because both of them could spread the floor on offense. Randolph alongside Kaman will look better than Camby alongside Kaman btw.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #13
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

Having a low post scoring threat like randolph should help baron davis now. kman and camby arent gonna draw double teams, but a guy like randolph is bound to draw those double teams meaning better looks for baron and there other shooters.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Please. The clipps have looked much better as of late, but I doubt they win a head to head with the pistons. The way the raptors have been playing lately..... they probably crush them. Raptors are by far the most disappointing (and most obvious expectation) team in the league. This team has no wings or outside scoring shot except for a guy who has no other skill (kapono). Their wings wouldnt start on any other team in the league (ok maybe memphis or wash...) so their stable of jumpshooting bigs (isnt it funny that basically every raptor who can shoot a mid range J is 6'11"?) are useless. Who slashes on that team? Whoever designed this team failed. They built a solid base (I still think that JO and Bosh can be effective) and point, but their wings are terrible. All one-dimensional role players. Its sad to say that delfino would be their best wing, as inconsistent and chucky as he can be.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #15
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Randolph alongside Kaman will look better than Camby alongside Kaman btw.

We've already seen what Kaman and Randolph look like together. We saw it in New York last year, only the name on the jersey said Curry rather than Kaman. But that's what its gonna look like. Randolph and Camby are meshing perfectly right now, and Camby is seriously playing like a stud. His PER is the same as Garnett's right now, in fact with Randolphs PER at 11th among PF's (even higher since joining the Clippers), there's only three teams in the league who have both their PF and C in the top 11 in PER for their position: LAL, PHO, and LAC.

I honeslty just wanna dump Kaman's salary and get whatever we can back for him. I'd do q's trade with Sacramento in an instant, I'd try to get more back if I could but if not I'd just do it for Salmons and Moore. Kaman's contract is too long and too large for him to be a backup, and I dont see starting him alongside Randolph ending up being as good of an idea on the court as it might look on paper.

I understand Dunleavy might wanna be patient and not jump at the first offer he gets for Kaman, maybe wait and see if the market improves for him and what not, but as an impatient fan I just wanna see something get done that gives us some value for him.

Last edited by starface : 12-20-2008 at 08:01 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: