Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ladies and Gentlemen a Superstar has Arrived...

Cuban's Crisis, The Cuban Missile, ASAP call him what you will one thing is for certain Devin Harris is perhaps the most exciting breakout superstar of 08/09 and is here to stay. Already the most versatile point guard scorer in today's NBA, and a defensive stalwart. In many people's opinions Devin has surpassed Deron Williams this year and with a more refined passing game has the potential to approach Paul for point guard supremacy.

Statline: 23.8 points, 6.3 assists, 47% FG shooting, 1.4 steals

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=2382

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbwkfuCiEFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar0ejlHJ5pg

Make it happen... This dude deserves it... he is tearing up the league right now but still players like Ridnour are beating him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93

Last edited by Godfather : 12-20-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:52 AM   #2
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ladies and Gentlemen a Superstar has Arrived...

dallas fans, your thoughts?
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He is a great scorer, but I am not paticularly impressed by his passing or decision making. He is definitely a rising star, but not quite a superstar yet. He is on the same tier as Brandon Roy and Danny Granger.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:58 AM   #4
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
dallas fans, your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Old 12-20-2008, 02:58 AM   #5
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
He is a great scorer, but I am not paticularly impressed by his passing or decision making. He is definitely a rising star, but not quite a superstar yet. He is on the same tier as Brandon Roy and Danny Granger.
co sign.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:03 AM   #6
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
co sign.

My reasoning. He is a top 3 defender from the PG position (better man to man defender than many with the ability to play the lanes). And he is the best scorer from the PG position. Also he is a solid passer who assists skyrocket when his teammates hit open shots (go figure). He is also one of the best players in the NBA at getting to the line.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:07 AM   #7
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
My reasoning. He is a top 3 defender from the PG position (better man to man defender than many with the ability to play the lanes). And he is the best scorer from the PG position. Also he is a solid passer who assists skyrocket when his teammates hit open shots (go figure). He is also one of the best players in the NBA at getting to the line.

I'd have to go with Tony Parker being a better scorer from the point guard position with Devin being a close second.

He's not a superstar yet, but he'll get there in a few seasons.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:08 AM   #8
Posts Penyeach
High school junior varsity star

Posts Penyeach has decent reputation

This development just has me stunned, and totally doubting my ability to analyze players in general. I was sure he'd never be better than Rondo was last year. Dumb.
Posts Penyeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:08 AM   #9
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I'd have to go with Tony Parker being a better scorer from the point guard position with Devin being a close second.

He's not a superstar yet, but he'll get there in a few seasons.

I can understand why you would say that, but the fact of the matter is Devin is less dependent on screens and has a greater range then TP with an equally impressive to the rim game (perhaps more impressive due to all the FT's).
Old 12-20-2008, 03:36 AM   #10
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
This development just has me stunned, and totally doubting my ability to analyze players in general. I was sure he'd never be better than Rondo was last year. Dumb.

thats because youre an idiot all together
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #11
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
He will be a super star if he continues to grow, but I don't consider people stars based on one year, well 1/3 of a year. He is a great scorer, and could potentially pass Paul as the best PG. So in that aspect we agree.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 AM   #12
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

he is still below deron williams. he needs to develop his passing and playmaking ablility as a floor general... but he can definently score. He is possibly close tier where brandon roy is and i would put him on the same tier as danny granger.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
he is still below deron williams. he needs to develop his passing and playmaking ablility as a floor general... but he can definently score. He is possibly close tier where brandon roy is and i would put him on the same tier as danny granger.

All are second tier superstars. The only reason they aren't first is because they do not get the recognition.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #14
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
All are second tier superstars. The only reason they aren't first is because they do not get the recognition.
It's a shame AI is so overrated, a smart fan would know Devin is exploding while AI is playing the worst ball of his career
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
LAShow24
Banned

LAShow24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I don't even know why Dallas did that trade, they knew they weren't going to win it all last year.
LAShow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: