Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2008, 04:49 AM   #31
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jazz owner blasts Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Trade him for Kaman and Thornton.
I wouldnt even trade thornton straightup for him, throw in kman to?. are you braindead?
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #32
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
in THIS SITUTION what did he do that wasnt honest...NOTHING, he simply gave notice that he is going to exercise a clause in his contract...Im sure Buffet got to where he was act by not exercising potential beneficial clauses in his contract....

Boozer has to do whats best for family. I know there is no way in hell I would stay in Utah to play ball if I had other options.

Boozer should just say f you and racist ass Utah...

Why do people keep saying that? And where's the facts to back it up?

Here's a fact for you, many people have Boozer going to Orlando, and some think Miami-so I'll just say Florida. Second fact, Florida is in the south
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #33
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
why would we do that? dumb ****

Quote:
why would we do that? more dumb ****

Your management seems dumb enough to do it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #34
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnymac
I wouldnt even trade thornton straightup for him, throw in kman to?. are you braindead?

Funny coming from a guy who can't spell or use spaces.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #35
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Why do people keep saying that? And where's the facts to back it up?

Here's a fact for you, many people have Boozer going to Orlando, and some think Miami-so I'll just say Florida. Second fact, Florida is in the south

the reports of various players being called the n word. And Miami may be whatever but at least there are other minorities there and a beach etc... Who the hell would want to live in Utah...seriously
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #36
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Your management seems dumb enough to do it.

Right. Becuase trading the rights to swap 2nd round picks for Camby was stupid. Or trading a worthless Tim Thomas for Zach and Mardy was stupid. Trading 2nds for Mike Taylor and Steve Novak each was also stupid. Drafting Eric Gordon at #7 was also dumb, we should have gotten Brook or DJ!
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #37
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

and so it bgins
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #38
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Trade him for Kaman and Thornton.

i can have chris and al at the airport in 20 minutes.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess the owner is upset he voiced that he would excersise the option in his contract to the public. Rather than keeping it in doors. Thats the only thing anyone could fault Boozer for. His decision to play elsewhere isnt a problem nor an issue. Jazz owner just upset the possibility he loses an All Star double double caliber player.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
i can have chris and al at the airport in 20 minutes.

Boozer and Zach?

LAC can get a better fit dangling Thornton and Caaaaaaaaveman.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #41
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Boozer for Larry Hughes (expiring contract), Drew Gooden (another expiring contract).

Bulls:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Joakim Noah
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #42
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Please, I wouldn't even trade Kaman straight up for Boozer, let alone add in Thornton. With Zach and Camby, no need for Boozer, who needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

On the flipside, I'd do a Kaman/Ricky Davis for Boozer/CJ Miles swap.

it wouldnt necessarily be about trying to add boozer in with randolph, more about getting the value of a carlos boozer for as little as chris kaman and al thornton, two guys who are pretty much as good as they're ever gonna be, which isnt all that great.

hell we could acquire boozer and then just trade him right away for pieces that we do need. but i think we're gonna get a lot more in a trade if we offer boozer than if we offer kaman and thornton.

IMO the value would be too great to pass up. then maybe we could make that suggested trade with the Magic for Turkoglu

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Hedo Turkoglu
Zach Randolph
Marcus Camby

Last edited by starface : 12-20-2008 at 09:07 PM.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #43
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Right. Becuase trading the rights to swap 2nd round picks for Camby was stupid. Or trading a worthless Tim Thomas for Zach and Mardy was stupid. Trading 2nds for Mike Taylor and Steve Novak each was also stupid. Drafting Eric Gordon at #7 was also dumb, we should have gotten Brook or DJ!

Wow. So many great moves we can see pass the 8-18 record.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #44
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
the reports of various players being called the n word.
Who exactly? Have any sources?
The only one I have ever heard of was the Stephen Jackson incident when the Jazz played the Warriors in the playoffs. And if it actually did happen, why would that equal the entire fan base as being racist? It's not like the crowd was chanting the N word in unison at anyone.
Quote:
And Miami may be whatever but at least there are other minorities
Well, the white population of Miami is 66%. So there is definitely some diversity. But the white population of Salt Lake City isn't overflowing with white people like you make it seem. It's at 79% here. Which is actually close to the average demographic for the white population in the US. So there are "other minorities" here too.
Quote:
Who the hell would want to live in Utah...seriously
Quote:
Boozer should just say f you and racist ass Utah...
Have you lived here before?
Answer yes and maybe you'll have a valid argument.
Answer no and you aren't qualified to make any assumptions about the state...

Quote:
On the flipside, I'd do a Kaman/Ricky Davis for Boozer/CJ Miles swap.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #45
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
Well, the white population of Miami is 66%. So there is definitely some diversity. But the white population of Salt Lake City isn't overflowing with white people like you make it seem. It's at 79% here. Which is actually close to the average demographic for the white population in the US. So there are "other minorities" here too.

Have you lived here before?
Answer yes and maybe you'll have a valid argument.
Answer no and you aren't qualified to make any assumptions about the state...

79 percent a lot. Just because you say that is the around average means nothing. Thats the average for a suburbs and country put together, now compare it to other cities of similar size and then to other NBA cities.

And yes I'm qualified to make any assumption I want about the state of Utah. I have never been to Iraq and I know Im not moving there and the same goes for vanilla Utah. If I was gonna move somewhere that was all white it would at least be in a more prestigious area. Utah has nothing going for it so why the hell would someone want to live there when they have other options.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: