Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #16
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jazz owner blasts Boozer

Trade Boozer. D-Will needs a pick and roll partner who isn't a midget.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #17
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...19&te= &cash=

Jazz

Williams
Brewer
Turkoglu
Millsap
Okur

Orlando

Nelson
Pietrus
Lewis
Boozer
Howard

I think this would help the both teams.

But Magic come outo top. Boozer is exactly what Dwight needs, a guy who can play in the paint and score. Take some pressure off Dwight.

Hedo would play well in Utah. He would be an added scorer they need. And I think AK would be better off the bench. Milsap is playing great, he is still a downgrade to Boozer but he is still a great player
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Trade him for Kaman and Thornton.

Please, I wouldn't even trade Kaman straight up for Boozer, let alone add in Thornton. With Zach and Camby, no need for Boozer, who needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

On the flipside, I'd do a Kaman/Ricky Davis for Boozer/CJ Miles swap.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #19
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Please, I wouldn't even trade Kaman straight up for Boozer, let alone add in Thornton. With Zach and Camby, no need for Boozer, who needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

On the flipside, I'd do a Kaman/Ricky Davis for Boozer/CJ Miles swap.

with Zach, whats the need of Boozer? I dont think they would play well together and their D is pretty horrid. I would deal Kaman for a shooting guard if anything. Unless they are looking to unload Kaman contract for Boozers expiring deal, then i wouldnt pull that trade off
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #20
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
with Zach, whats the need of Boozer? I dont think they would play well together and their D is pretty horrid. I would deal Kaman for a shooting guard if anything. Unless they are looking to unload Kaman contract for Boozers expiring deal, then i wouldnt pull that trade off

Expiring contract. Plus CJ can fill in at the duece spot, and we could probably get Morris Almond as well in the deal. We can either deal him right away[within 36 hours I think?] or get a S&T done in the offseason.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
It will be funny when some team makes him a nice offer this summer, and then becomes the third team to get Boozered.

The guy can't be trusted or relied upon, and you need to factor that in to what you're willing to pay him. You can say "it's just business," but most of the businessmen I look up to are honest and trustworthy, and stick to doing deals only with others who are also honest and trustworthy.

If Warren Buffett can become the richest man alive that way, then Boozer could have gotten through an NBA career that way as well. Just chose not to.
I agree that it'd be a better world if everyone acted with more integrit, and adhered to the spirit of agreements instead of just the letter, but I'm not going to judge him over this, partially because I don't like to mek judgments in general, but also because I don't know all what goes on behind the scenes. And in this second case (not talking about how he may have dissed Cleveland) they gave him the opt-out clause, did they think he would have it included and not consider using it? Miller may not like the timing of this announcement but the players in Utah are grown men, they can handle it.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #22
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Trade him for Kaman and Thornton.
why would we do that? dumb ****
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #23
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I would say EJ, but Deron doesn't seem to like him.
why would we do that? more dumb ****
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #24
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
It will be funny when some team makes him a nice offer this summer, and then becomes the third team to get Boozered.

The guy can't be trusted or relied upon, and you need to factor that in to what you're willing to pay him. You can say "it's just business," but most of the businessmen I look up to are honest and trustworthy, and stick to doing deals only with others who are also honest and trustworthy.

If Warren Buffett can become the richest man alive that way, then Boozer could have gotten through an NBA career that way as well. Just chose not to.

in THIS SITUTION what did he do that wasnt honest...NOTHING, he simply gave notice that he is going to exercise a clause in his contract...Im sure Buffet got to where he was act by not exercising potential beneficial clauses in his contract....

Boozer has to do whats best for family. I know there is no way in hell I would stay in Utah to play ball if I had other options.

Boozer should just say f you and racist ass Utah...
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #25
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
By making out that Boozer was the only dishonest party you are totally misrepresenting the situation.

What all the Boozer-bashers forget is that the Cavaliers tried to do something COMPLETELY ILLEGAL. If Boozer had resigned with them they would have lost multiple first round picks (like the Joe Smith fiasco but probably not as severe).

Under the table deals are prohibited and Cavaliers deserved what they got.
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #26
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Coming out and saying he will ---only states what he made public.
I have no idea if he had already made it clear to UTAH management that an extension is off the table and a new long term deal would need to get done when he claims free agency.
I am not sure Booz did this correctly while the season ; team is striving for a playoff berth and championship. However its a strategy that more players have done in the past to put a little pressure on their current team , to get a deal done. I am just speculating - I think if Booz could take D-will to Miami he would be like a kid in a cookie jar , because their chemistry is that good.
But Booz has a home and basically is family directed to the sunny beachs.
Utah if they swing a deal , aren't going to get much for him other than some filler contracts and an above average player with a nice contract. Booz if traded would possibly end up with a team , he won't suit up for the next year , because of his current contract , and that's a huge gamble for a team to trade into if you ask me.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #27
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I think this would help the both teams.

But Magic come outo top. Boozer is exactly what Dwight needs, a guy who can play in the paint and score. Take some pressure off Dwight.

Hedo would play well in Utah. He would be an added scorer they need. And I think AK would be better off the bench. Milsap is playing great, he is still a downgrade to Boozer but he is still a great player

its not a good trade at all for utah. "added scorer they need" ??? how bout some interior D? Hedo is a slower matchup for most forwards, and likes to shoot the 3, We have plenty of that already.

I would like to see something put on the table for Kaman, and then let Kufos have more mins at backup C and PF.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #28
Tuvi
Unknown Legend

Tuvi has an OK reputation so far

They probably are going to trade him for a good sg-sf brewer is good at eitheir of those but they could use another good player.
Tuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #29
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

They could keep Boozer if they traded Kirilenko for a expiring.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #30
Local High School Star

5150 has an OK reputation so far

I can't wait for Boozer to leave Utah. Makes it one step easier for the Blazers to knock them off in the Playoffs.

Utah without Boozer will hurt in the long run.
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: