Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 AM   #1
Pistons
I brick open layups

Pistons has an OK reputation so far
Default December 19: Utah @ Detroit

16-11

Probable Starters:
Mehmet Okur
Paul Millsap
CJ Miles
Ronnie Brewer
Deron Williams

14-9

Probable Starters:
Rasheed Wallace
Tayshaun Prince
Richard Hamilton
Allen Iverson
Rodney Stuckey
Pistons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: December 19: Utah @ Detroit

I really like the matchups here.

-Okur and Sheed demand a defender that's willing to guard the long ball. When they get that defender, they take them inside and body them.
-Milsap is all strength. Prince is all length.
-Williams v Stucky should be nice to watch.
-Who's going to guard Iverson? Who's Iverson going to guard? Two very important questions.

I am tired of waiting for Williams to turn it on, attack the rim, nail step back jumpers and control the game again. If he doesn't get moving, the ASG might be too far out of reach, especially with Roy dropping career highs left and right.

Detroit and Utah both play very physical basketball and execute well in the half court set. Utah is going to need to defend, rebound and move right into pushing the ball. We'll see how Okur and Milsap handle the outlet pass duties.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

ON Yahoo, they told me to site Miles, because he is probably out of the lineup.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
I really like the matchups here.

-Okur and Sheed demand a defender that's willing to guard the long ball. When they get that defender, they take them inside and body them.
-Milsap is all strength. Prince is all length.
-Williams v Stucky should be nice to watch.
-Who's going to guard Iverson? Who's Iverson going to guard? Two very important questions.

I am tired of waiting for Williams to turn it on, attack the rim, nail step back jumpers and control the game again. If he doesn't get moving, the ASG might be too far out of reach, especially with Roy dropping career highs left and right.

Detroit and Utah both play very physical basketball and execute well in the half court set. Utah is going to need to defend, rebound and move right into pushing the ball. We'll see how Okur and Milsap handle the outlet pass duties.

I once again bring out the question of where is Boozer when you need him.
I have a feeling Deron's going to be shooting a high percent agienst Iverson tonight but you never know.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pistons win would be nice. Been playing good since Stuckey has entered the starting lineup.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

Our luck against Utah, has to change sometime...tonight would be a good time
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Pistons have not won against Utah well since…

Larry Brown was head coach! Thats six straight losses, three seasons.

The key match up… Stuckey vs. Deron Williams.

This will be the ultimate challenge for Stuckey, whom as of late, is playing fairly decent. But those games were against regular guys. Tonight he faces a top tier player at the point guard.

Pistons have always had troubles with the Jazz. I don't see good things tonight. The Pistons have struggled to win these recent games against non playoff teams and now face a legit contender, a team playing well when guys are less than 100%, Pistons better step their game up… and Stuckey will have his work cut out for him.

Will be nice to see Memo wreak havoc tonight
and watch out! Memo got range… Flip never figured that out, but Curry did play with Memo back in 02/03…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation here

BEAT UTAH!

I'm sick of losing to Memo and the Jazz.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Will be nice to see Memo wreak havoc tonight
and watch out! Memo got range… Flip never figured that out, but Curry did play with Memo back in 02/03…
Everyone keeps talking Boozer to Det. What about bringing back Memo? I think it'd be easy to outbid the jazz. He could fill sheeds role on offense. Defense? Who needs it right?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

I'm pretty sure we got this tonight even if Boozers not here Memo is staying in Utah.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Just heard on the radio that the Jazz are considering starting Kirilenko to go big…

Already its lookiing bad as the weather for the Pistons. Pistons are going to have their hands full with the sizable Jazz…
Old 12-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Everyone keeps talking Boozer to Det. What about bringing back Memo? I think it'd be easy to outbid the jazz. He could fill sheeds role on offense. Defense? Who needs it right?

For a while now I have thought Detroit will target at least one of Utah's bigs.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #13
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kwame sighting!
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #14
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

What an ugly game… on both teams part…
Old 12-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #15
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
What an ugly game… on both teams part…

really? I think pistons is doing well on offense
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: