Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
Da_Realist
College star

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here
Default Dr. J reaches out to his daughter

Dr. J reaches out to his daughter

Da_Realist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board
Default Re: Dr. J reaches out to his daughter

very nice
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Shawn Kemp just got teary-eyed
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Shawn Kemp just got teary-eyed

I can see Kemp now. "Why ya gotta make a brother look bad!? I'm a better dunker anyways."

Anyway, better late than never I suppose for Erving though.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

dr j reaches out to his son would be a good title blopper
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

Great story. I was wondering what happened to her after the story broke out that Dr J was her father.
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

cliffs?
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist

i read the article and i do not think it deserves applause.

for one... he didn't care about her enough to make it happen earlier, he waited 27 years, and even 9 after it was known in public, and he NEVER even was the one to contact her initially...

Quote:
"I wanted to meet her and see her, and I played it out a lot of times in my mind how it would go, the hits I would have to take and the surprise factor," Erving says. "But then it kept falling from the list of priorities for me, and I just didn't get it done.

so his own daughter wasn't a priority for him... and we are applauding it...

for two... he was still committing acts of infidelity with his wife after this whole mess

Quote:
Erving's marriage to Turquoise was eroding and, adding to the mayhem, Julius had just become the father of a newborn son, Jules, with another woman, Dorýs Madden

for three... he didn't reach out for her, she reached out to him...

and four... she reached out to him for MONEY and ENDORSEMENT CONTACTS...

Quote:
But Alexandra was desperate for help now, on pace to earn only $35,000 for the year. She needed someone who could find her sponsors, someone who had contacts. And Julius had to have contacts. He'd been hamming it up in Dr. Pepper commercials. He was loved all over the world. They'd heard and seen it. They'd lived it. So they asked Pate for her father's phone number.

so why does this deserve applause? because a man NEVER contacted his daughter until she contacted him... and the only reason she contacted him was for MONEY... please. this is crap and neither dr. j nor her deserve applause.

Last edited by gotbacon23 : 12-18-2008 at 04:43 PM.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thanks...i need to shed a tear every once in a while.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23

for one... he didn't care about her enough to make it happen earlier, he waited 27 years, and even 9 after it was known in public, and he NEVER even was the one to contact her initially...

for two... he was still committing acts of infidelity with his wife after this whole mess

so why does this deserve applause? because a man NEVER contacted his daughter until she contacted him... and the only reason she contacted him was for MONEY... please. this is crap and neither dr. j nor her deserve applause.

Damn you're cynical
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good read
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #12
zabuza666
Local High School Star

zabuza666 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FURB
Damn you're cynical

I'd say realistic.
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #13
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23

i hope you're not a Larry Bird fan
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #14
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabuza666
I'd say realistic.
+1
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #15
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And why did it take so long for him to reach out and admit to his creation ?

Wimbleton baby - my baby can play ....

before that - those 18 years didn't matter huh ?
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: