Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Clutch time: Best shot vs. best player to shoot ?

It's a topic that comes up often around here, and one that is intrinsically linked to who your favorite players is. The question is a simple one, time is running out and you're behind by 2-3 point, you have the ball, what now ? Do you send it to your top guy and let him try to do it on his own ? Or do try to create an open shot for one of your roleplayers ? Basically do you want your top guy to take a hard shot, or one of your other guys to take an easy shot ?

Personally I want the easy shot, because I think it will go in more often.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Clutch time: Best shot vs. best player to shoot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
It's a topic that comes up often around here, and one that is intrinsically linked to who your favorite players is. The question is a simple one, time is running out and you're behind by 2-3 point, you have the ball, what now ? Do you send it to your top guy and let him try to do it on his own ? Or do try to create an open shot for one of your roleplayers ? Basically do you want your top guy to take a hard shot, or one of your other guys to take an easy shot ?

Personally I want the easy shot, because I think it will go in more often.

I hope Kobe listens to you cause he missed many
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That always depends on who you have on your team.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Easy shot for me
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

I personally like to give the ball to the best player and let him make the decision on the shot. But if the player is a chucker then I would give the ball to a teammate for an easy look instead.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
nicknamefrank
Serious playground baller

nicknamefrank has an OK reputation so far

If the best player to shoot found a wide open player on the baseline, then he would pass it to them.
Lebron does that all the time. So did MJ
Therefore, it would have to be the best shot
nicknamefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

I want my top guy to make the right decision. Take the shot if it's there or pass it to someone else if he has an easier shot.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board

Get the ball to the best player and let him make that decision.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

I'd run the exact play that the suns ran in the waning seconds against the magic the other night, where grant hill ended up getting an open layup. that was, as the announcer shouted, "a clinic!".
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best shot. Reason why I'll always remember Paxson and Kerr.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #11
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Dunk/lay up... if not, let Kobe do his thing.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #12
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

give it to amare, then he will find hill on the baseline
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #13
AJnAtlanta13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

AJnAtlanta13 has an OK reputation so far

I'll have Joe Johnson take the shot from anywhere, just put the ball in his hands.
AJnAtlanta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #14
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Easy shot. Provided that role player has the ability to hit it ala Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, James Posey etc.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #15
west
Celtics for life

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here

best shot
west is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: