Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
barkleynash
Local High School Star

barkleynash has decent reputation
Default dirk for Amare

If I was Pheonix I would be thinking about this trade very seriously. I am not sure Dallas would do it though. I no tonight was just one game, but Dirk looked great, and Amare looks lost. Dirk would fit much better with Shaq.
maybe Dallas wants to rebuild and could talk Amare into signing a long term contract. Phoenix might have to chuck in Barbosa just to get it done!
barkleynash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
shake N bake
Serious playground baller

shake N bake has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: dirk for Amare

amares much better player... its just one game .. and dirk is on the decline now or the near the end of his prime ... amares only 25 he will be 10 times the player dirk is when he reaches his age
shake N bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 AM   #3
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake N bake
amares much better player... its just one game .. and dirk is on the decline now or the near the end of his prime ... amares only 25 he will be 10 times the player dirk is when he reaches his age
Based on what?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:59 AM   #4
paperstreet
Serious playground baller

paperstreet has an OK reputation so far

i think pho really has to put some thought into it. Dirk is arguably the better player now, and a dirk/shaq combo would be lethal. Shaq/Nash/Hill could all in theory be done after this season, so they have to make the best of it.

Dallas is playing great now, but they're wasting time if they can't win a chip. Dallas lets Kidd expire, and go into full rebuilding mode. If Dallas must rebuild, this is the way to go. Get a great player, and hope for one to join him in 2010, and draft a quality guy this year.

Personally, I'd like to try to turn Josh Howard +Stackhouse into a Marion, Kaman, or someone, and have the Mavs make one last run before the already narrow windom slams shut...
paperstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #5
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I had that idea before, and it makes sense for both teams. Phoenix wants to win now, and Dirk gives them a better chance than Amare. He's a better offensive player, and a better rebounder. Defense is a wash.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

If he is 10 times the player Dirk was in his prime, heŽll have to dominate the league like Wilt. 50 PPG, 25 RPG, 5 BPG.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleynash
If I was Pheonix I would be thinking about this trade very seriously. I am not sure Dallas would do it though. I no tonight was just one game, but Dirk looked great, and Amare looks lost. Dirk would fit much better with Shaq.
maybe Dallas wants to rebuild and could talk Amare into signing a long term contract. Phoenix might have to chuck in Barbosa just to get it done!

The Suns would have to throw in Barbosa also, just to get the deal done??

That's ridiculous, Amar'e is younger than Dirk and a stronger big man.

If anything it's a trade done straight up, or Dallas gives more then PHX, maybe switching their first for PHX's second.

If they get rid of Amar'e then PHX has no other big men, cuz Dirk is a tall SG basically.

No trade for of Dirk and Amar'e, I wouldn't blow up an old team with little young talent by trading my best young talent. I'd try to get rid of Nash and then and continue to build around Amar'e.

If that Portland and Phoenix trade idea for Nash actually had any truth, I'd go for that if I was PHX.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Its a very good trade for both teams. I would never want to do it becaus Dirk is my favorit player and I would hate to see him playing with the Suns considering all the battles we have had with them. Even though I would not do it personly, I would love to see a quik rebuild around Amare. You cant rebuild in 4 years with Amare. He is to old
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

The Suns would be in a perfect postition right now if they didnt have one foot in the grave...

Consider how amazing the Suns would be if all its players were in their prime.

PG-Nash
SG-Bell
SF-Hill
PF-Amare
C-Shaq

Heck, you dont even need Amare or Bell if you have Nash, Hill and Shaq. Teams have won titles with less then that.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
malek4980
Kids at the park dunk on me

malek4980 has an OK reputation so far

The age gap between the two is too large.

Quote:

Nowitzki still averages more points, rebounds, and assists while turning the ball over much less. So I don't know why you think Amare is a "much better" player.

When Amare hits his 30s, his game will decline much faster than Dirk's. So I doubt he's be as good as Dirk at 30, let alone TEN times better.
malek4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #11
whitebear
I airball my layups

whitebear has an OK reputation so far

For Dallas- good trade in the long run. Amare can still get better. and jason kidd + Amare = running!

For Phoenix- okay trade for now. Shaq inside. Everyone outside. expect a lot of 3's. Their dead in the long term. Who will be their star player 3 yrs from now? barbosa? dragic?
whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #12
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

The problem with Amare is that, if Phoenix consider Amare as a franchise player, they should run and built the offense around him. Either you have to get rid of Nash and Shaq and built the team around Amare or trade Amare. Last night, they went back to Dantoni's offense because that's how the team was built. If you want Amare to be developed, you have to break up that team just like how they did with Yao and the Rockets by getting rid of Francis and Mobley. That's why Joe Johnson left Phoenix or else he probably never become a person like he is now in Atlanta.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #13
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

I have thought about this trade idea before.. It is not gonna happen obviously. If it did, it will surely benefit both teams. Phoenix will definitely be better than they are right now, since they will be left with one behemoth clogging up the lane. This would mean shaq will have an easier time scoring or passing since the double team are going to him much slower than they used to be. In addtion dirk and nash have played together in the past, they know it other very well.. so gelling will not be an issue. Phoenix will be contender again if this happen...only downside is, this team is only good for 2 seasons max. Dallas, meanwhile will have Amare to build a team upon, he's young and just need the proper teammates to complement him for his team to win.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #14
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well... Kidd needs a player to throw a lob to... I was LMAO when Kidd threw a lob to Erick Dampier and he layup'd it in...
Kidd and Amare would be really tough to stop with all their shooters, Amare is used to run and gun which is what Kidd excell's in... plus Amare is a great piece to build around.

As for the Suns... I also like... Nash and Dirk already have a good Chemistry,Shaq can play the inside Dirk on the outside...I think it could really work out
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #15
NYCPG
Kids at the park dunk on me

NYCPG has decent reputation

**** that. Dirk is alot better than Amare.
NYCPG is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: