Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: So I was looking at ESPN's Trade Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I really don't know if there is a difference.

Most teams when signing rookies will sign them to 2 guaranteed years, then have 2 team option years. Since most websites don't show more than 2 years for Chalmers, I can't say whether its the standard 2 more years or just 1 more year. ESPN just shows (T) indicating a team option leading into 2010.

Chalmers was a 2nd round pick, and has different contract status. But I'm not exactly sure how it works.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
People need to stop looking towards 2010. You people do realize that teams need to fill out their rosters for the 2009-2010 season and there arn't enough guys around the league that'll sign for one season for little money.

In the case of Miami, 90% of the roster will be back next year. The only guy in the main rotation that's a free agent is Marion.

And there's obviously a reason they brought in James Jones to a long term contract.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #18
SIRI1

Most 2nd rd picks get 2 yr deals with no options after that. Miami thought so much of Mario that they gave him a 3 yr deal for much more than a 2nd rd pick usually gets, with that 3rd year being a team option. This allowed Miami not to have to spend however many million it would have taken to resign Mario in 2010, and it was a good deal for Mario because as I said, he got much more money than a 2nd rd pick usually gets and that 3rd year.

So now Mario will make only 850,000 in 2010, instead of having to resign him that summer to much more money.

Last edited by SIRI1 : 12-05-2008 at 03:16 PM.
SIRI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #19
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRI1
Most 2nd rd picks get 2 yr deals with no options after that. Miami thought so much of Mario that they gave him a 3 yr deal for much more than a 2nd rd pick usually gets, with that 3rd year being a team option. This allowed Miami not to have to spend however many million it would have taken to resign Mario in 2010, and it was a good deal for Mario because as I said, he got much more money than a 2nd rd pick usually gets and that 3rd year.

Thanks for clearing that up.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: