Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
RonySeikalyFTW
Banned

RonySeikalyFTW has an OK reputation so far
Default So I was looking at ESPN's Trade Machine

and I saw that the Miami Heat only have $8.27mil in committed salary for the 2010 season (Marcus Banks and James Jones). Miami's player salary expense totals $68,692,128 this season, so it stands to reason the Heat will have $60+mil to spend during the summer of '10. Enough salary space to resign Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, AND potentially sign Wade's best buddy in Bejing and the one guy Pat Riley coveted before the 2003 draft... Chris Bosh.
RonySeikalyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation
Default Re: So I was looking at ESPN's Trade Machine

Just not likely. Aren't they rumoured to be trying at Boozer? Also I don't think Bosh/Wade would be that great. They would be damn good, but I just don't think that they would have the chemistry as Wade/Amare would.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #3
Local High School Star

5150 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonySeikalyFTW
and I saw that the Miami Heat only have $8.27mil in committed salary for the 2010 season (Marcus Banks and James Jones). Miami's player salary expense totals $68,692,128 this season, so it stands to reason the Heat will have $60+mil to spend during the summer of '10. Enough salary space to resign Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, AND potentially sign Wade's best buddy in Bejing and the one guy Pat Riley coveted before the 2003 draft... Chris Bosh.

What teams have the most money to spend in 2010. Is there a list of say top 5 teams?
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

They won't have 60 million. They'll probably pick up James Jones' option, they'll definitley pick up Beasley and Cook's options, and they still have Marcus Banks on the books. That's about 16 million right there, plus they'll have a few more draft picks, PLUS they'll probably use some of their midlevel next summer and they have to decide what to do with Marion. They should have space to try and get a big name to play with Wade, if they're smart with their contracts.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:23 AM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150
What teams have the most money to spend in 2010. Is there a list of say top 5 teams?
NY will have the most money. They basically got rid of all their contracts that extend through 2010. The only contract they have that they will be liable for in 2010 is Jerad Jefferie (I dont know what Isiah was thinking giving him that kind of contract). But Im sure Walsh will trade away Jefferies for 2010 cap relief
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 AM   #6
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
NY will have the most money. They basically got rid of all their contracts that extend through 2010. The only contract they have that they will be liable for in 2010 is Jerad Jefferie (I dont know what Isiah was thinking giving him that kind of contract). But Im sure Walsh will trade away Jefferies for 2010 cap relief

Don't forget Eddy Curry.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #7
RonySeikalyFTW
Banned

RonySeikalyFTW has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreis62
They won't have 60 million. They'll probably pick up James Jones' option, they'll definitley pick up Beasley and Cook's options, and they still have Marcus Banks on the books. That's about 16 million right there, plus they'll have a few more draft picks, PLUS they'll probably use some of their midlevel next summer and they have to decide what to do with Marion. They should have space to try and get a big name to play with Wade, if they're smart with their contracts.

So you're saying Banks+Jones+Beasley+Cook=16mil? That's phenomenal, that leaves over 50mil for 2010, exactly what I'm saying. Resigning Wade and Chalmers will probably account for around 28mil, leaving an estimated 22mil for Bosh. It could be more if Micky Arison decides he wants to pay the luxury tax.

Wade+Bosh+Beasley+yo mamma+Chalmers= epic win

And yo sister too
RonySeikalyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
whitebear
I airball my layups

whitebear has an OK reputation so far

I bet the "genius" that pat riley is will get marbury in 2010 just for kicks and the team gets cancer.
whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
Just not likely. Aren't they rumoured to be trying at Boozer? Also I don't think Bosh/Wade would be that great. They would be damn good, but I just don't think that they would have the chemistry as Wade/Amare would.

I disagree... Amare said in a post-game interview, then a few days later stood by his statements, that he wants the be THE MAN whether its in Phoenix or not.

Amare would have a tougher time being Wade's #2 than Bosh, which would not lead to 'better chemistry'
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor

If you don't know what your talking about... you should probably keep quiet. They aren't top 5 in 2010 as it sits right now. They have Eddy Curry with $11M+. They are also likely to pick up the rookie options on Gallinari & Chandler (4.4M combined)

Here's my list of Top 5 as it sits right now, with least committed contract. This allows for suspected picked up rookie options, minus suspected opt outs:

1. Toronto Raptors ($16M)
2. Miami Heat ($16M)
3. Phoenix Suns ($18M)
4. Oklahoma City Thunder ($19M)
5. Minnesota Timberwolves ($21M)

Next up: New York Knicks ($22M), Detroit Pistons ($26M)
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonySeikalyFTW
So you're saying Banks+Jones+Beasley+Cook=16mil? That's phenomenal, that leaves over 50mil for 2010, exactly what I'm saying. Resigning Wade and Chalmers will probably account for around 28mil, leaving an estimated 22mil for Bosh. It could be more if Micky Arison decides he wants to pay the luxury tax.

Wade+Bosh+Beasley+yo mamma+Chalmers= epic win

I know alot of websites dont show it, but I'm pretty sure Chalmers has a team rookie option in 2010. ESPN shows it at least...I've never known a team to sign a rookie to only 2 years with no rookie options afterwards anyway.

So Chalmers, Beasley, Jones, & Banks will be under contract.

Basically I'm hoping for a lineup of:

PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade
SF: Jones
PF: Beasley
C: Bosh

That's a team that can win championships.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I know alot of websites dont show it, but I'm pretty sure Chalmers has a team rookie option in 2010. ESPN shows it at least...I've never known a team to sign a rookie to only 2 years with no rookie options afterwards anyway.

So Chalmers, Beasley, Jones, & Banks will be under contract.

Basically I'm hoping for a lineup of:

PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade
SF: Jones
PF: Beasley
C: Bosh

That's a team that can win championships.
Didn't the Heat sign Chalmers to a three year contract during the summer? I don't think Chalmers has an ordinary rookie contract.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #13
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

People need to stop looking towards 2010. You people do realize that teams need to fill out their rosters for the 2009-2010 season and there arn't enough guys around the league that'll sign for one season for little money.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

going by an ISH competitor, Miami may have the most money that year.

Miami will have about 12-13 million committed to Beasley, Cook, Chalmers and Marcus Banks. Wade's 17 mill is a player option, so he'll probably opt out or resign.

NY has 18 million alone committed to Curry and Jeffries and then you add about $5 million more to team options for Danillo and Chandler, putting them at about $23 million.

NJ has $24 million dedicated to Vince, Najera and Dooling with another $10 million in team options to some of their younger players like Yi, Brook, Williams and Ryan Anderson.

Detroit has $16 million dedicated to Prince, Stuckey and Affalo.

Cleveland has $20 million committed sans LeBron's P/O.

ATL has $22 mill committed.

Memphis - $25M...

OKC - about $21M...

PHX - $20M sans Amare...

TOR - $23-24M sans Bosh...

Portland about $33M which is relevant because they'd keep all their young talent and have room to sign a max contract.

Can you imagine the East with dynamic duos such as LeBron/Amare in NY and Wade/Bosh in Mia??

As interesting as 2010 is gonna be, I'm intrigued about the prospects of Free Agency in 2009 and to see what some teams do in preparation for the 09-10 season and their reservations for their 2010 cap space...
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #15
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEncinas
Didn't the Heat sign Chalmers to a three year contract during the summer? I don't think Chalmers has an ordinary rookie contract.

I really don't know if there is a difference.

Most teams when signing rookies will sign them to 2 guaranteed years, then have 2 team option years. Since most websites don't show more than 2 years for Chalmers, I can't say whether its the standard 2 more years or just 1 more year. ESPN just shows (T) indicating a team option leading into 2010.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: