Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2008, 03:56 AM   #46
Sir Charles
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Charles Barkley says Shaq is best player on Suns

If Nash has 2 MVPs

Then Ewing, Isiah, Payton, Kidd and Stockton deserved 4-6 Each

Another Reason why this NBA is a Dissgrace.... Overrating Great Players Over LEGENDS

Last edited by Sir Charles : 12-05-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Sir Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:43 AM   #47
AJ2k8
Banned

I don't think it's a stupid comment... Look at the suns, they've played 3 games without Shaq and lost all 3, granted they were without Nash for two of them they still lost.

When the suns pulled the trigger on the trade for Shaq last year they committed to the half court set and when they run the ball through Shaq early in the game they do very well. Amare can't be that man who gets other teams in early foul trouble as well as cleaning the glass as efficiently as Shaq does.

The key to the suns is Shaq and when they don't use him and divert to Stat instead they often end up with another L.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #48
shawbryant
To be better

Who cares what this gus said.
shawbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #49
JJ81
Good college starter

If all in their prime, he was.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #50
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime

Even Barkley had the balls to call it like it is: the Suns players were system players. Nash, Amare, Marion, all seem better because of the numbers, but that came as a result of the system. Look at what is going on in NY. Nash played outside of Phoenix, and he wasn't that great at all. He was a "good" PG, a little above average, but by no means a top 3 player or MVP level player.

This is really true. I knew the system made them look better, but I didn't realize it was ALOT BETTER. Combine that with whats going on in NY, and I think Mike D'Antoni is a much better coach then I originally thought. The lack in defense is still a big flaw of his. But seriously, those three were definitely great players before without D'Antoni, but nowhere near as great as he made them. Nash went from a borderline all-star to a 2-time MVP (although undeserved, he definitely improved alot and deserved consideration). Looking at Amare now, its hard to believe he was on an All-NBA first team and has actually been considered better then the likes of Dirk, Bosh, and KG. And Marion looks nowhere near $17 million, in fact he doesn't even seem like he exists anymore.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #51
Kujo
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
This is really true. I knew the system made them look better, but I didn't realize it was ALOT BETTER. Combine that with whats going on in NY, and I think Mike D'Antoni is a much better coach then I originally thought. The lack in defense is still a big flaw of his. But seriously, those three were definitely great players before without D'Antoni, but nowhere near as great as he made them. Nash went from a borderline all-star to a 2-time MVP (although undeserved, he definitely improved alot and deserved consideration). Looking at Amare now, its hard to believe he was on an All-NBA first team and has actually been considered better then the likes of Dirk, Bosh, and KG. And Marion looks nowhere near $17 million, in fact he doesn't even seem like he exists anymore.

Sir Charles was spot on with this assessment, but calling Shaq the best players on the Suns is ludicrous. I was looking the TV dumbfounded when he said this.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #52
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
Sir Charles was spot on with this assessment, but calling Shaq the best players on the Suns is ludicrous. I was looking the TV dumbfounded when he said this.

Isn't that how most people look at the TV? lol
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: