Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #16
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Better fit on Lakers Marc Gasol or Pau Gasol

By the way, just out of curiosity. How do you Lakers fans feel about Pau Gasol's performance so far?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #17
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pERKiSaBEAST
^Hi Hater !

why the hell you post in it then, moron.

That doesn't make sense as a response.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #18
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Marc Gasol wouldn't be able to fill the shoes of Pau in LA. The lakers need a consistent 2nd scorer, and Marc can't be that. Sure he would provide a little more toughness to the team, but you're acting like toughness is the only thing that matters in a basketball game.

I don't know if you've read any of Loki's posts about the lakers frontcourt, but he tells it like it is, the lakers strengths far outweigh their weaknesses. And sure they could trade Pau and Bynum for Perkins and Kwame Brown but they would lose a frontcourt that can constistently score (both face up and back to the basket), a much better shot blocker(Bynum) and a range of other things for toughness.

And as far as Marc fitting in the Lakers compared to Pau. Well Pau's Strengths far outweigh his weaknesses and Pau as a player far outweighs Marc as a player and as a fit in the Lakers roster.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #19
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
That doesn't make sense as a response.
I think he meant to make that post on he's Lilmarcgasol account
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #20
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

ronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat cool

Bynum and pau gasol are a much combination then bynum and marc gasol. plus marc is more of a C then a PF. so that would mean he would clash with bynum since he is a C to. you cant start both of them at the sametime.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #21
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
wtf lol average bigmen dont become Spanish league MVP

Yes they do. A lot of stars over in Europe are only average by NBA standards. Pau's athleticism and superior passing makes him a much better fit for the Lakers than Marc would be. This question isn't even worth asking, even a rookie Pau Gasol would be the first option in Memphis and with him instead of Marc that would be a playoff team. I'm not that much of a Pau fan but this is a stupid question.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #22
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
You got that wrong. Guard play is pretty nice in Spain, there are plenty of good guards but not that many good centers. Last year's MVP was a closed race betweed Rudy Fernandez (he's the real deal, just wait till he's unleashed) and Gasol's absolute dominance.
But hey, I'm no hater. I knew the guy could ball, and I'm glad his career reached a turning point when he was part of the spanish national squad that won the gold in the world championship. I'm sure he'll make a name for himself, time is on his side.
Yes i know there are loads of great guards what im saying is they are softer than NBA guards, but bigmen are tougher no they arent more skilled but more elbows way more contact than NBA bigmen play
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #23
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
I think he meant to make that post on he's Lilmarcgasol account
omg u big dummy wanting cheese lettuce onions tomatos special sauce on a sesame seed bun-on a sesame seed bun YOU BIG DUMMY

we aren't the same account i only have one goddamned account ok he seems like a cool dude but HONESTLY who would make an account named after the most boring fat lard center in the league Kendrick Perkins no offense to that PerkinsisBeast guy
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #24
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes i know there are loads of great guards what im saying is they are softer than NBA guards, but bigmen are tougher no they arent more skilled but more elbows way more contact than NBA bigmen play

I can't say I agree, but I guess you have a point.
EDIT: btw, are you lilojmayo? you seem quite more sensible than him.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #25
lilmarcgasol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I can't say I agree, but I guess you have a point.
EDIT: btw, are you lilojmayo? you seem quite more sensible than him.
no i think i make my opinion on team killing cancer black hole mayo alot his chucking and absolute refusal to feed Marc in the low post when he has position and calling for the ball is holding back Marc's potential beast numbers like damn if it wasnt for two blackholes-seriously how is it poissible for two black holes to coexist so close honestly in physics class they said that ain't possible-than Marc would be top RoY candidate fact is Mayo is insecure about a rookie FROM HIS OWN TEAM let alone Derek Rose outperforming him that's why Marc never gets the ball who else will pass Conley yeh right that scrub cant get it into the post he's that bad and Gay yeh say goodbye ball once u put it in his hands
Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #26
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
no i think i make my opinion on team killing cancer black hole mayo alot his chucking and absolute refusal to feed Marc in the low post when he has position and calling for the ball is holding back Marc's potential beast numbers like damn if it wasnt for two blackholes-seriously how is it poissible for two black holes to coexist so close honestly in physics class they said that ain't possible-than Marc would be top RoY candidate fact is Mayo is insecure about a rookie FROM HIS OWN TEAM let alone Derek Rose outperforming him that's why Marc never gets the ball who else will pass Conley yeh right that scrub cant get it into the post he's that bad and Gay yeh say goodbye ball once u put it in his hands

Lol yeah, good as Gay is, he almost always finishes the play.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

The answer: Kwame Brown.

Faker fans are funny. They robbed the Grizzlies for Pau and now they want more? Niggapleaze.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #28
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

My eyes hurt... need periods...having... a hard time.... reading...

Base on the thread title, i pick pau gasol, he has been a proven winner on the lakers and he fits the system well. However, with mark gasol, you add more interior defense which means more jump shots taken by opponents. Only downside is he is somewhat of a liability on offense. BAsically its offense vs defense. Its tempting to add marc to LA, but LA has got to stick at what is working.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #29
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Marc Gasol is a center while Pau Gasol is a typical PF. How is Marc Gasol a better fit in LA since they already have Andrew Bynum?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #30
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I was amazed to enter this thread and see a troll vs troll battle.

Though I was surprised to see some trying to take them seriously. That was kind of a turn off...
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: