Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board
Default Better fit on Lakers Marc Gasol or Pau Gasol

Ok as y'all know lakers are soft as downey tissue paper supersoft edition wearing a chinchilla skin coat and wrapped in a comforter damn and Pau Gasol while good is just a big piece of that softness puzzle now Marc WHO THE LAKERS ORIGINALLY HAVE Ok i dont even think this guy knows the word soft or the Spanish word for soft whatever that is, he is already one of the toughest centers in the league ok now look at these facts sons.

Cavs play with Ben Wallace and Z starting, so starting two centers can be done and successful-Bynum and Marc goddamn that is like the most amazing two towers i ever heard im like shedding a tear thinking of that but no-

Lakers traded away Marc for his big brother Pau who WOW NO SURPRISE was busy dissappearing like Osama in the finals while Marc was busy winning ACB league MVP.

Ok so who would be better on the current Lakers be honest who would you rather have Pau or Marc-BATTLE OF THE GASOLS I VOTE 1 FOR MARC
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Better fit on Lakers Marc Gasol or Pau Gasol

while marc might be slightly less "Ga-soft", he's still part of the Gasoft family tree, therefore he will always have some pillsbury doughboy in him.

That said, I like your post and I agree that Marc Gasoft is slightly less soft and would be a better fit for the lakers...LONG TERM...but Pau Gasoft is the more polished player currently.

So the lakers decided they want to win now, even if it means they will be too soft to go up against ECF teams with hardcore defense like BOSTON, CLEVELAND, DETROIT, and maybe even INDIANA in the Playoffs or Finals.

Last edited by pERKiSaBEAST : 12-04-2008 at 07:13 PM.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pERKiSaBEAST
while marc might be slightly less "Ga-soft", he's still part of the Gasoft family tree, therefore he will always have some pillsbury doughboy in him.

That said, I like your post and I agree that Marc Gasoft is slightly less soft and would be a better fit for the lakers...LONG TERM...but Pau Gasoft is the more polished player currently.

So the lakers decided they want to win now, even if it means they will be too soft to go up against ECF teams with hardcore defense like BOSTON, CLEVELAND, DETROIT, and maybe even INDIANA.
wtf man get it through your head Marc has already thrown off the shackles of the Gasoft family curse he a fullblooded Gasol through and through maybe the first of his kind I can't think of a tougher center with as much skill as Marc in the league right now besides like Duncan.

Ok I just wish Marc could somehow get off the goddamn Grizzlies playing with not just one but 2 blackhole team killing cancers-ONE OF WHOM IS IS TRYING HIS HARDEST TO NOT LET MARC WIN RoY by never throwing him the ball when he got low post position yes that's right ill say this once cover your ears children

OJ Mayo is afraid of losing RoY to Marc Gasol that's why he never gives marc the ball, same with his butt buddy little Rudy gay...

OK let me put this in simple terms have you seen 300 where the spartans are like "persian arrows wtf who cares we fight in the shade" well MG33 beard and all is like King Leonidas, while Team killer cancers Mayo and Gay are like the persians raining down a rain of terror bricks 20 shots a game each, so LITERALLY MARC GASOL EVERY GAME HE GOES OUT HE HAS TO FIGHT IN THE SHADE and he gets great stats INSPITE of his team not because of them oj mayo and Rudy gay are purposely holding him back damn sons and daughters of ISH when your teacher next time asks you what is true injustice in this world bring up the tragedy of Marc Gasol on the Grizzlies.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

rofl , I didn't even see that movie but good stuff.

I would believe you, because you came with such an intense argument, but you have already proven yourself to be not completely trustworthy with some of your previous statements.

Marc may be slighty tougher then Pau, but if you think he could bang underneath with BIG KENDRICK PERKINS, you are sadly mistaken.

BIG PERK will severely PUNISH lil marc like marc was a badly behaved stepchild, after the game lil marc's back will probably look as if Perkins took off his belt and gave him 30 lashes for peeing his bed.

Also, I don't believe you about Rudy Gay frontin on marc, maybe Mayo since his lack of athleticism at such an early stage in his career means he has to get that big contract quickly before he loses any more athleticism and can't play anymore, so maybe he thinks now is his time to showcase himself and marc will have plenty of time down the road.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pau is currently twice the player Marc is.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
lilmarcgasol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pERKiSaBEAST
rofl , I didn't even see that movie but good stuff.

I would believe you, because you came with such an intense argument, but you have already proven yourself to be not completely trustworthy with some of your previous statements.

Marc may be slighty tougher then Pau, but if you think he could bang underneath with BIG KENDRICK PERKINS, you are sadly mistaken.

BIG PERK will severely PUNISH lil marc like marc was a badly behaved stepchild, after the game lil marc's back will probably look as if Perkins took off his belt and gave him 30 lashes for peeing his bed.

Also, I don't believe you about Rudy Gay frontin on marc, maybe Mayo since his lack of athleticism at such an early stage in his career means he has to get that big contract quickly before he loses any more athleticism and can't play anymore, so maybe he thinks now is his time to showcase himself and marc will have plenty of time down the road.
Well gay i dont think he's against marc, its just a biproduct i mean he's called the human black hole for a reason no matter who is on rudy gays team, he's proved it once the ball is in his hands he aint giving it up, so i expect gay not to pass. Still doesn't make him not a team killing chucker. Mayo-now this is more obvious as seeing Mayo apparently has a PG skillset he should pass but--surprise nope inspired by the idiot Gay Mayo is becoming a blackhole too, but its so obvious he never gives marc when he got low post position even tho marc has ton of nice post skill and moves why-the only answer is obvious-because Mayo is afraid of being outshined by a rookie ON HIS OWN TEAM, just like kobe used to be afraid of outplayed by shaq mayo is afraid of getting outplayed by gasol.

and Kenrick Perkins ok just cuz he's like 280 pounds he might be even with Marc but thats cuz Marc hasnt had a season of NBA weight training and Marc didnt become SPanish MVP for no reason that league is tough elbows are thrown all the time and WAY WAY more contact allowed than NBA it breeds toughness why do u think Pau came to the NBA at such an early age he was too wimpy for spanish league. KP43 and Marc when they play-well lets just say I expect Marc to light Perkins up, half court set is Marc's speciality.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know who is being overrated more in this thread, Marc Gasol or Kendrick Perkins. Both average big men who will likely not become much more than that.

lilmarcgasol and pERKiSaBEAST sure do post the same, hmm must be related.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
lilmarcgasol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I don't know who is being overrated more in this thread, Marc Gasol or Kendrick Perkins. Both average big men who will likely not become much more than that.

lilmarcgasol and pERKiSaBEAST sure do post the same, hmm must be related.
wtf lol average bigmen dont become Spanish league MVP
Old 12-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dude, no offense but I think you're riding Marc's nuts way too hard.
Marc Gasol is a good player. Unlike most players, he learnt to play the game calmly and without any pressure, assimilating the best of the european (spanish) school, and also quite a lot (since he's a smart player) of the american high school ball. He doesn't bear the "original sin" of softness that most euro players are accused of, and I guess that's appealing to american fans' eyes.
However, if you've been following his career throught the years as it seems, you'll know that he's always been suspect of some some things:

1) He's always had weight issues. Although he seems to be taking it in a professional way, in the past he's had problems keeping himself at his ideal weight. That not only affects his stamina, but also makes him more suitable for a half-court game. His brother's first step is amazing for a big man, unlike Marc's.

2) I've noticed that you often bring to the table the fact that he can shoot the three. That's partly true, he can hit the occasional three if he's ungarded and has plenty of time to set himself for the shot. Anyway, his accuracy is not that of somebody you'd want to be taking long shots. His brother has a much more polished mid-range shot and is a much more efficient scorer(despite marc's 26/17 or whatever game you fell in love with). What's awesome about Pau's offensive game, despite his softness and all, is that he will get his 20/10 on any given night, even though being unnoticed. Sometimes you have the feeling that he hasn't even shown up, but boy, you look at the scorebox and there you have his 22/11 or whatever. He's a natural born scorer, despite his softness. Marc may have an edge on interior defense, but Pau's scoring proficiency largely makes up for it.

I would continue, but I'm feeling rather sleepy. Good night.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #10
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Pau is better in every category, not even looking at statistics.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #11
lilmarcgasol
Banned

um i didn't 'fall in love' with marc after 27/16 i watched him live in highschool before even gave him high five and he said like "gracias dude" damn and then i downloaded his spanish league games lol he is a beast-yes he shoots the 3 way better than you give him credit. Marc is a halfcourt specialty player not every bigman could run the break and yeah thats exciting to watch but do any of those types of bigmen like Amare ever get anywhere lol no they dont all exciting but no finals, Marc is a throwback player with excellent skill toughness yeh Pau is quicker but also way more mentally and physically soft, regularly Pau just cries and passes scared when times get tough Marc on the other hand puts the team on his back and raises his game, thats how he won spanish league MVP he was simply pure dominance in a tough league with much more toughness than the NBA yeh guard play is softer in spain but bigmen play lol i think alot of NBA bigmen would cry if they played in spain with the treatment they get everynight and yeh Paus a better scorer but look at the lakers now do they need scoring>? NO they need toughness and Marc would have given them that to badd they sent him into exile in memphis
Old 12-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #12
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
Well gay i dont think he's against marc, its just a biproduct i mean he's called the human black hole for a reason no matter who is on rudy gays team, he's proved it once the ball is in his hands he aint giving it up, so i expect gay not to pass. Still doesn't make him not a team killing chucker. Mayo-now this is more obvious as seeing Mayo apparently has a PG skillset he should pass but--surprise nope inspired by the idiot Gay Mayo is becoming a blackhole too, but its so obvious he never gives marc when he got low post position even tho marc has ton of nice post skill and moves why-the only answer is obvious-because Mayo is afraid of being outshined by a rookie ON HIS OWN TEAM, just like kobe used to be afraid of outplayed by shaq mayo is afraid of getting outplayed by gasol.

and Kenrick Perkins ok just cuz he's like 280 pounds he might be even with Marc but thats cuz Marc hasnt had a season of NBA weight training and Marc didnt become SPanish MVP for no reason that league is tough elbows are thrown all the time and WAY WAY more contact allowed than NBA it breeds toughness why do u think Pau came to the NBA at such an early age he was too wimpy for spanish league. KP43 and Marc when they play-well lets just say I expect Marc to light Perkins up, half court set is Marc's speciality.

aight homie you a funny "passionate" dOod, i respect your opinion even if it's wrong, i can't wait till they matchup...*looks up schedule*

ok lil buddy, marc it down on your calendar:

MARCH 13: Memphis @ Boston

MARCH 21: BOSSton @ Memphis

We shall (not so soon) see who is THE REAL BEAST.

pErKiStHeBeAsT !!!1
Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #13
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
um i didn't 'fall in love' with marc after 27/16 i watched him live in highschool before even gave him high five and he said like "gracias dude" damn and then i downloaded his spanish league games lol he is a beast-yes he shoots the 3 way better than you give him credit. Marc is a halfcourt specialty player not every bigman could run the break and yeah thats exciting to watch but do any of those types of bigmen like Amare ever get anywhere lol no they dont all exciting but no finals, Marc is a throwback player with excellent skill toughness yeh Pau is quicker but also way more mentally and physically soft, regularly Pau just cries and passes scared when times get tough Marc on the other hand puts the team on his back and raises his game, thats how he won spanish league MVP he was simply pure dominance in a tough league with much more toughness than the NBA yeh guard play is softer in spain but bigmen play lol i think alot of NBA bigmen would cry if they played in spain with the treatment they get everynight and yeh Paus a better scorer but look at the lakers now do they need scoring>? NO they need toughness and Marc would have given them that to badd they sent him into exile in memphis

You got that wrong. Guard play is pretty nice in Spain, there are plenty of good guards but not that many good centers. Last year's MVP was a closed race betweed Rudy Fernandez (he's the real deal, just wait till he's unleashed) and Gasol's absolute dominance.
But hey, I'm no hater. I knew the guy could ball, and I'm glad his career reached a turning point when he was part of the spanish national squad that won the gold in the world championship. I'm sure he'll make a name for himself, time is on his side.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #14
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why the hell is this a thread?
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #15
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

^Hi Hater !

why the hell you post in it then, moron.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: