Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool
Default Toronto- Portland trade idea

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...te=&cash=22:28

Toronto gives-
Jermaine O'neal
Jason Kapono
3 million cash
2009 1st pick

Portland gives

Joel Przybilla
Raef LaFrentz
Travis Outlaw

It gives the Raps a much needed SF, that is not in Portland's long term plans.
A solid starting center to take some of the heavy lifting off Bosh
And some Cap relief next year

Portland clears there log jam at SF
Gets a more versatile big that can play the 4-5 and high post when Greg is in.
Get the three point threat they have been lacking since James Jones left
Gets a mid range Draft pick and cash to cover the slight hit in extra salary they will take.

Obviously this trade would hinge on whether Portland thinks JO can stay somewhat healthy...but it seems like a moderately fair deal to both from where I am standing.

Last edited by Valliant13 : 12-04-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto- Portland trade idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13

Toronto gives-
Jermaine O'neal
Jason Kapono
3 million cash
2009 1st pick

Portland gives

Joel Przybilla
Raef LaFrentz
Travis Outlaw

It gives the Rap a much needed SF, that is not in Portland's long term plans.

Gets a mid range Draft pick and cash to cover the slight hit in extra salary they will take.

Obviously this trade would hinge on whether Portland thinks JO can stay somewhat healthy...but it seems like a moderately fair deal to both from where I am standing.

Not gonna happen. The Raps are not gonna trade Jermaine for a backup center, a mediocre SF and someone who is not currently playing especially with a 1st in there and the league's best shooter in there. As a Raps Fan I'd hate if this went through. What a lopsided trade in POR favour.

The Raps trading chips are Parker, Kapono, Humphries, Bargnani, Moon and Draft picks. Calderon, Bosh, O'neal are untouchable b/c they give Colangelo what he want's in 2010 enough Caps space to sign two superstars.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
The Raps trading chips are Parker, Kapono, Humphries, Bargnani, Moon and Draft picks. Calderon, Bosh, O'neal are untouchable b/c they give Colangelo what he want's in 2010 enough Caps space to sign two superstars.

BC will never trade bargnani.. and i doubt the raptors will give up anything more than a 2nd rounder as far as draft picks go.. i hope someone would take hassan adams off our hands.. i dont understand how a guy with 0 skill made it that far.. bad call BC
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
BC will never trade bargnani.. and i doubt the raptors will give up anything more than a 2nd rounder as far as draft picks go.. i hope someone would take hassan adams off our hands.. i dont understand how a guy with 0 skill made it that far.. bad call BC

He's an excellent bench cheerleader...and has a weird sleeve on his shoulder. Are you saying that's not work a few hundred thousand dollars?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Silly trade. Having Outlaw at SF does not solve our problems at all, the dude is not a defender to my knowledge and his offensive skill set is too similar to Bosh's. Pryzbilla is a major downgrade from JO. It would be nice to get rid of Kapono's overpaid, no-defense ass, but then we have to take on LaFrentz's hugely overpaid, totally useless ass.

And why would Portland even want JO? To take minutes away from Oden and/or Aldridge? As a +$20 million/per backup center? Forget about it.

No offense man, but this trade makes little to no sense.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way

did you say Portland is lacking 3 point shooting?

Im pretty sure we are #1 or 2 in the league in that category.

Outlaw shoots barely under 50%, Blake shoots over 40, Rudy shoots over 40, our best 3pt shooter is out(Webster).

This is probably the worst trade idea i have seen in a long time.

Jermaine is garbage and we would never want him back
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriguez for Anthony Parker, Roko Ukic and Kris Humphries.

Parker gives them a reliable veteran presence to back up Roy, Humphries brings toughness to the Blazer front line and replaces Frye as the back up 4 and opens up room for Bayless to back up Blake. Fernandez brings much needed help at the 2 and Sergio will back up Calderon.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Some pretty consistent feedback here: apparently I rate outlaw and Pryzbilla much higher than other raptors fan, and Kapono and JO higher than Portland fans. Fair enough. The feedback was appreciated regardless. Thank you for your time.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriguez for Anthony Parker, Roko Ukic and Kris Humphries.

Parker gives them a reliable veteran presence to back up Roy, Humphries brings toughness to the Blazer front line and replaces Frye as the back up 4 and opens up room for Bayless to back up Blake. Fernandez brings much needed help at the 2 and Sergio will back up Calderon.

LMFAO

You cant be serious dude? You dont really think that is even remotely possible, or even close to being a fair trade, do you?

I wouldnt trade Rudy Fernandez for anyone on the Raps outside of Bosh.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13

Toronto gives-
Jermaine O'neal
Jason Kapono
3 million cash
2009 1st pick

Portland gives

Joel Przybilla
Raef LaFrentz
Travis Outlaw

It gives the Raps a much needed SF, that is not in Portland's long term plans.

you must be a big fan of Portland because there is NO WAY IN HELL the raptors do this stupid trade!

J O'neil when health is better than all 3 of those players ...... plus Kapono wtf? damn portland fan

JoelPrzybilla
Raef LaFrentz
Travis Outlaw

Last edited by jrcp3 : 12-04-2008 at 01:48 PM.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #11
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
LMFAO

You cant be serious dude? You dont really think that is even remotely possible, or even close to being a fair trade, do you?

I wouldnt trade Rudy Fernandez for anyone on the Raps outside of Bosh.

Nope, but I was trying to see if I could get Calderon and Rudy on the same team.

Parker isn't as bad as people make him out to be though.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
nbaspinmove
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nbaspinmove has an OK reputation so far

Outrageous. Why Toronto will give up on JO who is currently have the biggest heart in the team's roster to Travis Outlaw and pry watever?

Absolute favor for Blazers I say.. However Raptors DO NEED some wing playas.

Last edited by nbaspinmove : 12-04-2008 at 01:57 PM.
nbaspinmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaspinmove
Outrageous. Why Toronto will give up on JO who is currently have the biggest in the team's roster to Travis Outlaw and pry watever?

Absolute favor for Blazers I say.. However Raptors DO NEED some wing playas.

Thread creator is a Portland Fan obviously .......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #14
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

No I am a Raptors fan...just, apparently, one who is a terrible GM.

Last edited by Valliant13 : 12-04-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #15
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

So many trade ideas with the Raptors shipping out Jermaine O'Neal, yet he's been one of their good players. Remember right before he sprained his ankle, he had something like five consecutive double-doubles and was anchoring our defense? It'd be silly to trade the guy in my opinion.
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: