Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #16
Mdog1
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,056
Mdog1 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

^ Yeah they get hyped a lot because of the media attention. Still to this day the media until more than one or two takes a leap out from the Kobe group then nobody on the planet will be a better player to the average fan. the media tend to stick together because they don't want to look like idiots if proven wrong, and if everyone is saying it it makes you less likely to get flack. I called the Celts in 6 last year, but I had them against the Spurs. I was right abot the winner just not the teams.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum
 
pERKiSaBEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: #34Pierce > cryant,KP#43>bynum
Posts: 90
pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
^ Yeah they get hyped a lot because of the media attention. Still to this day the media until more than one or two takes a leap out from the Kobe group then nobody on the planet will be a better player to the average fan. the media tend to stick together because they don't want to look like idiots if proven wrong, and if everyone is saying it it makes you less likely to get flack. I called the Celts in 6 last year, but I had them against the Spurs. I was right abot the winner just not the teams.


yep, you're spot on, the media likes to stick together for the most part...scared to take an unpopular opinion...but I don't even give them that much credit, I don't think they HAVE an unpopular opinion, they're just kind of dull, I don't think too much activity goes on in their brains, i mean c'mon now stuart scott is about as "witty" as ESPN gets,

"that dunk was FRESH yall, that was filthy good, i'm totally hiphoppin" - stuart scott

Last edited by pERKiSaBEAST : 12-04-2008 at 03:12 PM.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #18
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,345
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pERKiSaBEAST
So you think that the media acting like the NBA CHAMPION BOSTON CELTICS are clearly an inferior team the Lakers is a correct assessment ?


Are you fucking dumb or do you not have prolonged access to the internet or TV. The media loves the Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers. They slurp on all of em incessantly.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #19
Mdog1
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,056
Mdog1 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pERKiSaBEAST
yep, you're spot on, the media likes to stick together for the most part...scared to take an unpopular opinion...but I don't even give them that much credit, I don't think they HAVE an unpopular opinion, they're just kind of dull, I don't think too much activity goes on in their brains, i mean c'mon now stuart scott is about as "witty" as ESPN gets,

"that dunk was FRESH yall, that was filthy good, i'm totally hiphoppin" - stuart scott
Yeah I mean people on these boards could do a better job as "analysts" than ESPN can. It is terrible. Thank god I don't have ESPN, but sometimes people post their BS.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #20
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum
 
pERKiSaBEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: #34Pierce > cryant,KP#43>bynum
Posts: 90
pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
Are you fucking dumb or do you not have prolonged access to the internet or TV. The media loves the Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers. They slurp on all of em incessantly.


Really they don't at all, not with the Celts.

They hate on the Celts in a subtle ways, constantly.

They highlights they show of the Celts are not "highlighted" they are more like an afterthought.

Where as every dunk from Kobe is made out to be an amazing feat.

Paul Pierce can drive around 4 defenders for a sweet And 1...and they won't even show it or it stuart scott will be like "and pierce lays it in"


ACtually guess what Scott said when Pierce hit the game winner a week or so ago, in a very soft voice he says "and Pierce....got that one"...no excitement, no highlighting of Pierce's footwork, finesse and nice touch...they make Celtics highlights as non-dramatic as they can.

fact.


Rondo has a monster game last night and they were much more concerned with lebron's 6 assists and a dunk he did...when mentioning rondo is was a very unexcited "and rondo did something he's never done before" the implication being "it's nothin to get excited about, it's just 1 game"

lmao, straight hate.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
Mdog1
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,056
Mdog1 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pERKiSaBEAST
Really they don't at all, not with the Celts.

They hate on the Celts in a subtle ways, constantly.

They highlights they show of the Celts are not "highlighted" they are more like an afterthought.

Where as every dunk from Kobe is made out to be an amazing feat.

Paul Pierce can drive around 4 defenders for a sweet And 1...and they won't even show it or it stuart scott will be like "and pierce lays it in"


ACtually guess what Scott said when Pierce hit the game winner a week or so ago, in a very soft voice he says "and Pierce....got that one"...no excitement, no highlighting of Pierce's footwork, finesse and nice touch...they make Celtics highlights as non-dramatic as they can.

fact.


Rondo has a monster game last night and they were much more concerned with lebron's 6 assists and a dunk he did...when mentioning rondo is was a very unexcited "and rondo did something he's never done before" the implication being "it's nothin to get excited about, it's just 1 game"

lmao, straight hate.
Actually i gotta say that they love the Celts on NBATV. They were just blowing loads all over the Celts game and talking about how good they are blah blah blah. But any way I don't get ESPN so I don't know about them. The cavs are never hyped, more like put down by the media. It is all part of the scheme to get LBJ out of there.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #22
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum
 
pERKiSaBEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: #34Pierce > cryant,KP#43>bynum
Posts: 90
pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
Actually i gotta say that they love the Celts on NBATV. They were just blowing loads all over the Celts game and talking about how good they are blah blah blah. But any way I don't get ESPN so I don't know about them. The cavs are never hyped, more like put down by the media. It is all part of the scheme to get LBJ out of there.


umm, you must NOT watch NBATV.

I promise you this, a couple weeks ago, Gary Payton declared Rajon Rondo as the absolute WORST POINT GUARD IN THE NBA !

HAHA.

gary payton, chris webber and their friendly tnt morons charles barkely, and kenny smith all declare the lakers as "clearly the best team in the nba" anytime they get a chance to say it on national tv.


seriously, just watch and you will see.


I mean they can't go so far as to say the Celtics suck, they HAVE TO say they are a good team, because nobody would take them seriously, but any chance they get they throw in some low-blows and subtle disrespect towards the amazing team they are most jealous of.

Last edited by pERKiSaBEAST : 12-04-2008 at 03:34 PM.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #23
Mdog1
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,056
Mdog1 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Well I think they were complementing them a lot, but it's not important. Because trust me they way over rate the Lakers who are just going to get beat by the Cavs in the finals.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #24
TmacsRockets
Banned
 
TmacsRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,243
TmacsRockets has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pERKiSaBEAST
wow somebody has alot of time on their hands to dedicate to message board research, :laugh:

Regardless of what people will say, you are absolutely right.

The fakers are ALL hype.

You see how they get handled by a team with a semblance of defense like Detroit.


9 out 10 ESPN "experts" picked the fakers to win, and none of them i mean NONE of them have wiped the egg off their face to this day, they are in complete denial that the lakers suffered the worst defeat in Finals history in a close out game, as well as the fact that they gave up the biggest lead in Finals history sparked by Paul Pierce's historical block of kobe bryants FADEAWAY, probably THE Biggest Block in Finals history in terms of how it jumpstarted the biggest comeback in Finals history, Pierce was truly the MVP and best player, much more valuable the bryant, yet the media refused to acknowledge this.


They are just hoping and praying that the Celtics lose this year so their mental scars can begin to heal and they don't have to admit how incompetent they are.


Lebron or kobe get 6 assists and it's "AND KOBE BRYANT WITH 6 ASSISTS HE HAD A GREAT GAME!!"


Rondo gets a huge triple double, here's ESPN's hatecaster, in a very subdued tone:

"and rondo did something he's never done before"


complete and total hate.


They still try to paint Kendrick Perkins, Rondo, and Leon as scrubs, nothing could be further from reality.


LA is all hype, their game is fake, like their name (there's no Lakes in LA, that was Minnesota)

Whenever I see LA build up a big lead with those 3's from Radmonivich and that other girly dude vucacic, it makes me laugh because it's built on nothing...they will give up that lead in a couple minutes, like they did to Indiana, because it's not built on great teamwork, offensive and defensive schemes that will produce the same results later in the game.

The fakers are very streaky, once they miss a few shots they lose that confidence and that offensive streak is gone, they are very vulnerable.


David Stern's favorite team is also the lakers from what hear....Imagine how humiliating it must have been to get boo'ed by CELTICS FANS at the ring ceremony...lmao!!!1


Let the media have the fakers as their darlings, I like it that way, it will be that much sweeter seeing them all proven to be the idiots they are once again.


Good Post TmacsRockets, lakers are good, but the CELTICS are great, we don't need the hype...actually I think some media people are doing it because they feel bad for the lakers, they were all crying their hearts out after they lost.

ooo so sad




Also, lmao @ the media saying because of bynum the lakers are better, KENDRICK PERKINS owns andy's soul, has done so on multiple occasions, and there's plenty of video of that Dunk and ice grill that got PERK a Technical because the refs felt sorry for bynum.



TmacsRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #25
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!
 
SourGrapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,166
SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

no no no the celtics are a hype machine!!!

you're all idiots...congratulations on being a waste of life.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #26
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,755
KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #27
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,202
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

I'm pretty sure most people consider the Lakers the #2 team in the league, and they are.


The Lakers are hyped, but it's because they have a lot of fans. More fans means more hype.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #28
Lakers2008CHAMPS
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
The Lakers are a hype machine.

First off, have you ever seen a NBA Finals where one team was picked by 90% of the experts to win the finals and they ended up losing?


http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...?series=lalbos


Not only that, but I remember in Game #1 in Boston that the Lakers were a 1.5 point favorite on the freaking road in the Finals. If that isn't hype then I don't know what is.


Coming into this year as well the Lakers were predicted by many to win the title, no one really gave Boston a chance to repeat and non one gave any other team out west to win.


Seriously why do the Lakers always get this hype? I remember in 1998 they were expected to win it all as well and they got swept by the Jazz.


In 2004 they were expected to win 70, and they didn't even come close.


Is it the media that just produces this hype or what?

you forgot to mention 2000,2001,2002 when they won all 3 titles. wtf u talking bout bittch, lakers aint no hype machine, Lakers are 4 real.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #29
EastBayFuNk510
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 329
EastBayFuNk510 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

Im a huge lakers fan from Oakland Ca,always have been,but you **** are right,theres a lot of Hype when it comes to the lakers,but that has nuttin to do wit the real fans(such as myself) its all the media..they do it in every sport(I.E. Patriots..red sox,yankees..ect.)..but there is a way around it if you dont like all of the attention that they are gettin...Stop phukin watching sportcenter and reading the sports page!!
EastBayFuNk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #30
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,255
Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Lakers are a hype machine.

pERKiSaBEAST has just been added to the ignore list
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy