Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #31
EllisGW
High School JV MVP

EllisGW has decent reputation
Default Re: Wade is like Ferrari , Lebron is like Hummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kineticac
LeBron is definitely not like a hummer. He's too timid sometimes, not taking the shots, not being aggressive enough. Sure he has his moments, and when he does, they win. He's got to be some kind of car that is pretty good sometimes, but crap all the other times. How about something like a BMW? Sometimes on the track, the M3's rip even the most exotic of cars, but then on then nobody notices it until he hits the tracks.

And wade? He's like a car that was totalled. Let's say a Ferrari, the Enzo totalled by that one actor, hah. Sure you can fix him up, but the car will never be the same.

dont watch basketball much
EllisGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #32
KB42PAH
Banned

KB42PAH has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I'd much rather put Lebron has a Bugatti. Big, strong, heavy(a veyron is rather heavy for a super car) and powerful.

Lebron = All horsepower [Mustang] (one dimensional player who slashes becuase of his size/power/speed. His game is built on power and athleticism - i.e horsepower , he lacks the completness and polish to be a european car.

Kobe = Bugatti, when he shifts to his highest gear he gets on a gear no one can come close to, hell outscore your whole team, make 3's like layups. Just humiliate your whole franchise, your city. Bugatti = 250 mph speed, its top gear is better than any other top gear , same with kobe. Kobe at his best = best player to ever live.
KB42PAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #33
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB42PAH
Lebron = All horsepower [Mustang] (one dimensional player who slashes becuase of his size/power/speed. His game is built on power and athleticism - i.e horsepower , he lacks the completness and polish to be a european car.

Kobe = Bugatti, when he shifts to his highest gear he gets on a gear no one can come close to, hell outscore your whole team, make 3's like layups. Just humiliate your whole franchise, your city. Bugatti = 250 mph speed, its top gear is better than any other top gear , same with kobe. Kobe at his best = best player to ever live.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Kobe at his best couldn't touch MJ at 35.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #34
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far

Big Perk Is A Military Tank Vehicle That Could Withstand Any Rpg.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #35
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Wade - Viper
Kobe - Aston Martin
LeBron - Mustang
Dwight - Hummer
Amare - Lamborghini
Paul - Ferrari
Melo - Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Melo - Aston (smooth and sexy game)
Don't know about Melo, I would give the Aston to Kobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
Tyrus Thomas is a wheel, does nothing but move
true, true.

Last edited by ForceOfNature : 12-04-2008 at 02:22 PM.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #36
KB42PAH
Banned

KB42PAH has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Kobe at his best couldn't touch MJ at 35.

Stats don't lie.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=jordami01

Kobe has better FG%, 3PT %, FT%, apg and rpg in their matchups.
KB42PAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #37
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Stats don't lie.

Those stats are pretty worthless. I was joking about at 35 lol. But head to head doesn't show the entire story. Lebron beats Kobe head to head and yet i'm sure you would say Kobe is ten times better than LeBron is.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #38
EllisGW
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Stats don't lie.

plz stop talking about basketball cause u obv dont know anything about it
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #39
EllisGW
High School JV MVP

Quote:

How Stupid r u ?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #40
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisGW
How Stupid r u ?
Thank god you pointed out that post. I missed it lol. Lebron is way less one dimensional than a player like Melo who can just score. Lebron plays D, carries his team to the third best record in the league at 23 (something Kobe has not done as the man, but as Shaqs side kick for sure).
Old 12-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #41
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
Not a bad analogy. And I think you're hitting on one of the reasons I don't care for LeBron (the other one is the incessant hype surrounding him). He's an incredible basketball player and depending on what happens this year he may soon be universally recognized as best in the world. But, I just don't find his game aesthetically pleasing to watch. As I said, the skill is undeniable, but there is little that is attractive or artistic in the way he plays to me.

Agree, theres no doubt Lebron is an incredible player but I just don't find him as entertaining or pleasing to watch as Wade. Althoug James is incredibly effective with what he does. The OP is right, its funny I always had Wade has a Ferrari and Lebron as an SUV, but the Hummer is a more apt comparison. Wade just has a style, creativity and ingenuity in the way he plays that I just dont see with Lebron. There isnt the subtlety and nuance in his game that Wade has. Lebron reminds me of an amazing athlete happens to be good at basketball, while Wade reminds me of a more pure basketball player who is a great athlete as well.

Last edited by Vragrant : 12-04-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #42
Vragrant

Quote:
Bugatti = 250 mph speed, its top gear is better than any other top gear , same with kobe. Kobe at his best = best player to ever live.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #43
EllisGW
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Agree, theres no doubt Lebron is an incredible player but I just don't find him as entertaining or pleasing to watch as Wade. Althoug James is incredibly effective with what he does. The OP is right, its funny I always had Wade has a Ferrari and Lebron as an SUV, but the Hummer is a more apt comparison. Wade just has a style, creativity and ingenuity in the way he plays that I just dont see with Lebron.

I love watching all players like kobe, wade, lebron and cp3 play basketball. It amazes me how some people dont find lebron exciting to watch when he the most athletic player to ever play game and the nba is full of athletes. Its like loving batman movies but hating the dark knight
Old 12-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #44
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

You're a f*cking idiot.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
Vragrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisGW
I love watching all players like kobe, wade, lebron and cp3 play basketball. It amazes me how some people dont find lebron exciting to watch when he the most athletic player to ever play game and the nba is full of athletes. Its like loving batman movies but hating the dark knight

I understand where your coming from. I can see why people like watching Lebron, but hes just not a big favourite of mine. I like watching Wade, Deron, Ray Allen among others.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: