Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #31
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Fisher, Kobe, Odom and Pau have the most experience on this team so they should finish close games (+ Ariza because he's a defensive powerhouse).
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #32
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

at you guys taking this seriously. I'm glad Andrew decided to do this. Phil's just testing players as usual.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #33
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
This may surprise a few people, but Phil does not even coach on the basketball floor. The beauty of the triangle is that you read and react. All Phil Jackson does is manage ego's, recommend books, and manage minutes out there.

Um... do you even watch NBA basketball?

That is what coaching is in the NBA - that's why Phil has been so successful while all the other coaches who try to pull HS/College sh;t all fail.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #34
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB42PAH
He's right.

Phil is overrated, overpaid, worthless coach in zone era without superstars, doesnt' call timeouts.

Started kwame over bynum
started smush over farmar.

I can go on for days

just a pathetic coach who got exposed twice in 2004 and 2008 in zone era .

Phil = only has 1 ring in zone era.

zone = anti triangle.

This is not a forum for kids who hasn't even entered their elementary schools...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #35
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayabc123
Uh first of all, what does Kobe have to do with this?

And secondly, Bynum is only saying what everyone in LA is thinking. The "greatest coach of all time" in the NBA needs to start earning his $10 million dollars a year job. I'm tired of his lackadaisical approach in his substitution pattern, especially in tight ball games. He needs to get out of his a$$ and understand that when other teams are making a 10-0 run in the 4th, maybe, just maybe it's time to call a timeout, make some changes to get different looks out there.

And here is the thing, Phil needs to play Bynum in the 4th more. He has always been the one to always let the game teaches its players on how to play in the "moment" or the "situation", yet he takes out one of his most valuable asset, especially on defense and rebounding.
Kobe? Well I just meant about his character issues (rape, demanding a trade 2x and once as a rookie). Nobody has answered about the double standard though.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #36
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Fried chicken? before a game? These are professional athletes?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #37
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenneBell
at you guys taking this seriously. I'm glad Andrew decided to do this. Phil's just testing players as usual.
I hate it when he does that...during a game. I mean after Bynum was benched, 9 of the 11 rebounds went to the Pacers, is that just a coincidence? I'm sure Phil had some sort of a twisted logic behind his decision, that I will never understand, but all I know is that it didn't help us win the game.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #38
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
I'm sure Phil had some sort of a twisted logic behind his decision, that I will never understand,
To him, its probably better that it stays that way.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #39
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Fried chicken? before a game? These are professional athletes?
Um idiot have you ever seen popeye fried chicken to bynum is like spinach to popeye durrrrrr

also maybe Phil just wanted to see if the team could rebound and close out without Bynum out there and he learned if Bynum goes down his team in trouble because THEY CAN'T rebound without Bynum out there in closing minutes
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #40
TheGame
Serious playground baller

TheGame has an OK reputation so far

The Laker's spoil him and get mad when he acts like a brat? lol...

He's been hyped so much he can be as cocky as he wants and no one can do anything about it. He knows it too being signed for all that money and being praised last year of what a difference he could of made and his talent.

Wait a few more years if the Laker's don't win any rings he'll start demanding a trade for #24. Wouldn't that be ironic...

He needs to give Phil the respect he deserves and not talk about his coach behind his back.
TheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #41
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do it behind closed doors Andrew.

Actually, I don't really care too much, because some of Phil's coaching moves have been very questionable.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #42
jjayfive
High School Varsity 6th Man

jjayfive has no real reputation yet.

although i believe bynum should keep his mouth shut, i felt he should've stayed on the floor.... when the lakers went on the run against pacers and sixers, andrew was a key part of that...he was rebound, defending and actually dunking....the last play against the pacers on the tip in by murphy lamar subbed in for bynum.. but the kid should keep his trap shut..
jjayfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #43
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

SHEED_ gangsta has decent reputationSHEED_ gangsta has decent reputation

I hate bynum sooo overhyped it's not even funny
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #44
c_az_a
Good High School Starter

c_az_a has an OK reputation so far

Bynum just following after their leader --> "Trade me" Kobe Bryant.
c_az_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #45
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

If Bynum played in the final mins of the indy game, Rasho wouldn't have 10320323 offensive rebounds. Bynum is right. Phil is wrong.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: