Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #16
Odomize
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB42PAH
I wrote this pre-gasol, pre 07-08, but it still remains:

Let me start by exposing the Phil Jackson myth:

2005-2006, 2006-2007

1) Phil Jackson is NOT a hall of fame coach. His ineptitude, negligence, and coaching deficiencies support this.

2) He DOES NOT preach or teach defense. Even Gary Payton said, "Phil never worked on defense."

3) This may surprise a few people, but Phil does not even coach on the basketball floor. The beauty of the triangle is that you read and react. All Phil Jackson does is manage ego's, recommend books, and manage minutes out there. Scouting, personal training , almost everything is done either by assistants or his coaching staff. Phil Jackson does not coach. Period.

4) In late game scenario's, Phil only runs 3 last second plays for Kobe, when the game is on the line. A) the Red Holzman Play B) the Zipper C) A double back-door screen. Opposing coaches and players know this, and adjust accordingly which leads to horrible looks, and broken plays to finish games.


5) Throughout all of the 2005-2006 season Phil Jackson started Smush Parker over Jordan Farmar. Most lakers fans realized that Farmar was better than Parker on both ends of the court, just a month into the season. It took Phil 79 games to start Farmar over Smush. Smush Parker was a defensive cancer, and yet Phil rewarded his lack of defense. Under Pat Riley, Smush is averaging 5 minutes per game ( Keep in mind that the Heat are playing without Dwyane Wade). Phil's stubborn ego and lack of knowledge cost the Lakers many games in the 2005-2006 season. Smush Parker was a culprit in nearly every Lakers' loss, yet Phil never addressed the issue. No adjustment, no concerns, no coaching.

6) How many Lakers' fans still to this day ( I know I do), wonder why Phil Jackson never told his team to foul or grab a Suns player in the waining seconds of GAME 6 in the 2006 playoffs, during the scramble before Tim Thomas' three pointer?

If Phil was a HOF coach, wouldn't you think he would know that you NOT to let Phoenix (who is a 40%+ 3 point shooting team) get a 3 pointer up with under 10 seconds to go? Why would you even let them get a shot at tying the game?

Phil Jackson, along with Kobe Bryant carry the burden of responsibility for that clear and amateurish display of poor leadership. One word seperated us from the 2nd round: "Foul!"

Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pylV_2mT7BE

7) Phil Consistently gives Brian Cook minutes over the past few years. With his influence in management, he should have had this guy shipped out a while ago. Cook is a foul-maniac, a defensive liability, who pushes off on every rebound and who is arguably the most one-dimensional player in the league.

8 ) Unbeknownst to the casual Laker Fans, Phil Jackson likes to teach his players lesson IN the game rather than during practice. The unfortunate consequence of this is that , by doing so, Phil Jackson inadvertently and unintentionally costs us winnable games. If you are losing winnable games. At the end of the 2005-2006 season in an interview with KCAL 9, Phil admitted that he sabotaged games to the detriment of his team. "I've cost us many games. Looking back, there are many things I would like to re-do."

If any other coach was coaching the Lakers and making these decisions , they would have been fired by now. But because Phil has 9 rings ( From coaching 3 of the greatest players ever), he is immune to criticism!

2007-2008 NBA SEASON:

Now that we have established that Phil is a poor, negligent coach, that costs his team winnable games, lets look at how he has done in these 6 games:

Reality Check: Phil Jackson has cost the Lakers 2 wins this season (New Orleans).

1) His rotations are beyond disgusting. Starting Mihm over Bynum? Giving Cook extended minutes? Playing Carl and Cook over Crittenton? Sitting Kobe for extended minutes to start 4th quarters? These moves DIRECTLY contribute to our losses.

2) Phil is not utilizing the best offensive player in the game. Instead of running the offense through Kobe, he decides to post up clumsy duds like Kwame Brown and Luke Walton. He has turned the game's best scorer into a pass-first shoot player, that has lead to nothing but a .500 record.

3) Any smart coach would use Kobe to attack the opponents best player early in the first and try to pick up 2 fouls on them. Against the Suns, Kobe should attack Amare early on, and try to get 2 fouls on him. Against Spurs, he should do the same on Duncan. Kobe Bryant shot 0 free throws tonight. Zero.


The idea that Phil Jackson is a great HOF coach, is nothing more than a monstrous myth.


Since Phil's return, the Lakers are

Regular season: 93-80 (.537)
Playoffs: 4-8 (.333)
50+ win seasons: 0
Playoff series wins: 0
Frustrated Superstar/s: 1

Management has a big part in this, but Phil does too.
what you fail to realize is managing egos are much harder and much more valuable than simply coaching. you're just like bynum, young, ignorant but like to run your mouth off.

Example: the legendary bulls wouldn't win anything without phil. That team would break down so fast.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 AM   #17
veilside23
alternick = loser :D
 
veilside23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: P.I.
Posts: 3,688
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srekaL
He meant Lamar Odom you goon. You know, the Power Forward that plays for the Lakers? Stop picking fights.

He's totally right. The Lakers defense is already terrible and when you take out Bynum at the end of games it gets magnified tenfold. Not to mention he's a better offensive player than Odom. I'm sure Bynum was angry when the Lakers couldnt get a rebound against Indiana to save their lives, while he sits on the bench because Phil likes to bench him at the most crucial time of the game.


i quoted what the game said...
Quote:
Bynum is the future franchise player that is averaging 17 and 8 in the past five games while Odom is a scrub that is averaging 6.6 and 6 in the past five games. The better player should close out the game. If Phil does this on Christmas day we will lose.

i maybe a goon but you have a problem in reading .... KID
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:32 AM   #18
AJ2k8
Banned
 
AJ2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odomize
what you fail to realize is managing egos are much harder and much more valuable than simply coaching. you're just like bynum, young, ignorant but like to run your mouth off.

Example: the legendary bulls wouldn't win anything without phil. That team would break down so fast.
Thankyou for replying to that post

I was abit lost by how stupid it sounded, good to see im not alone
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #19
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,587
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

well it is up to the leaders of the Lakers to step up and get this kid in line in fact I would say they need to demand some of the perimeter players to start playing better defense.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 AM   #20
srekaL
Decent playground baller
 
srekaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orange County
Posts: 324
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i quoted what the game said...


i maybe a goon but you have a problem in reading .... KID

Do me a favor and read the word Oden in his statement 10 times over. Then go kill yourself.
srekaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #21
AJ2k8
Banned
 
AJ2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srekaL
Do me a favor and read the word Oden in his statement 10 times over. Then go kill yourself.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,486
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Kid has a real cocky personality.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #23
DCL
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,334
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

phil sat his ass down because he wasn't doing sh!t. and wtf?? fried food right before a game? that kid is still living in high school.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #24
dhenk
Why do you care?
 
dhenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the sun will never shine
Posts: 1,170
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Kid has a real cocky personality.

What do you expect with this mentor and more money than you ever need in your life?
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #25
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick
 
Allstar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 5,583
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Good for him and I'm completely with him on this one, I'm glad he's not afraid to voice his opinions against Phil.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,364
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

he's still a kid. he'll learn in due time.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #27
Grinder
.
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,507
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB42PAH
I wrote this pre-gasol, pre 07-08, but it still remains:

Let me start by exposing the Phil Jackson myth:

2005-2006, 2006-2007

1) Phil Jackson is NOT a hall of fame coach. His ineptitude, negligence, and coaching deficiencies support this.

2) He DOES NOT preach or teach defense. Even Gary Payton said, "Phil never worked on defense."

3) This may surprise a few people, but Phil does not even coach on the basketball floor. The beauty of the triangle is that you read and react. All Phil Jackson does is manage ego's, recommend books, and manage minutes out there. Scouting, personal training , almost everything is done either by assistants or his coaching staff. Phil Jackson does not coach. Period.

4) In late game scenario's, Phil only runs 3 last second plays for Kobe, when the game is on the line. A) the Red Holzman Play B) the Zipper C) A double back-door screen. Opposing coaches and players know this, and adjust accordingly which leads to horrible looks, and broken plays to finish games.


5) Throughout all of the 2005-2006 season Phil Jackson started Smush Parker over Jordan Farmar. Most lakers fans realized that Farmar was better than Parker on both ends of the court, just a month into the season. It took Phil 79 games to start Farmar over Smush. Smush Parker was a defensive cancer, and yet Phil rewarded his lack of defense. Under Pat Riley, Smush is averaging 5 minutes per game ( Keep in mind that the Heat are playing without Dwyane Wade). Phil's stubborn ego and lack of knowledge cost the Lakers many games in the 2005-2006 season. Smush Parker was a culprit in nearly every Lakers' loss, yet Phil never addressed the issue. No adjustment, no concerns, no coaching.

6) How many Lakers' fans still to this day ( I know I do), wonder why Phil Jackson never told his team to foul or grab a Suns player in the waining seconds of GAME 6 in the 2006 playoffs, during the scramble before Tim Thomas' three pointer?

If Phil was a HOF coach, wouldn't you think he would know that you NOT to let Phoenix (who is a 40%+ 3 point shooting team) get a 3 pointer up with under 10 seconds to go? Why would you even let them get a shot at tying the game?

Phil Jackson, along with Kobe Bryant carry the burden of responsibility for that clear and amateurish display of poor leadership. One word seperated us from the 2nd round: "Foul!"

Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pylV_2mT7BE

7) Phil Consistently gives Brian Cook minutes over the past few years. With his influence in management, he should have had this guy shipped out a while ago. Cook is a foul-maniac, a defensive liability, who pushes off on every rebound and who is arguably the most one-dimensional player in the league.

8 ) Unbeknownst to the casual Laker Fans, Phil Jackson likes to teach his players lesson IN the game rather than during practice. The unfortunate consequence of this is that , by doing so, Phil Jackson inadvertently and unintentionally costs us winnable games. If you are losing winnable games. At the end of the 2005-2006 season in an interview with KCAL 9, Phil admitted that he sabotaged games to the detriment of his team. "I've cost us many games. Looking back, there are many things I would like to re-do."

If any other coach was coaching the Lakers and making these decisions , they would have been fired by now. But because Phil has 9 rings ( From coaching 3 of the greatest players ever), he is immune to criticism!

2007-2008 NBA SEASON:

Now that we have established that Phil is a poor, negligent coach, that costs his team winnable games, lets look at how he has done in these 6 games:

Reality Check: Phil Jackson has cost the Lakers 2 wins this season (New Orleans).

1) His rotations are beyond disgusting. Starting Mihm over Bynum? Giving Cook extended minutes? Playing Carl and Cook over Crittenton? Sitting Kobe for extended minutes to start 4th quarters? These moves DIRECTLY contribute to our losses.

2) Phil is not utilizing the best offensive player in the game. Instead of running the offense through Kobe, he decides to post up clumsy duds like Kwame Brown and Luke Walton. He has turned the game's best scorer into a pass-first shoot player, that has lead to nothing but a .500 record.

3) Any smart coach would use Kobe to attack the opponents best player early in the first and try to pick up 2 fouls on them. Against the Suns, Kobe should attack Amare early on, and try to get 2 fouls on him. Against Spurs, he should do the same on Duncan. Kobe Bryant shot 0 free throws tonight. Zero.


The idea that Phil Jackson is a great HOF coach, is nothing more than a monstrous myth.


Since Phil's return, the Lakers are

Regular season: 93-80 (.537)
Playoffs: 4-8 (.333)
50+ win seasons: 0
Playoff series wins: 0
Frustrated Superstar/s: 1

Management has a big part in this, but Phil does too.
Horrible post. Those "points" you made are a joke.


Bynum needs to learn some respect, he should get benched for what he said. He's still an average center and should start acting it.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #28
Mdog1
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,056
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

So let me get this straight. LeBron James makes fun of Barkley after Barkley publicly said he should shut up, and Bynum calls out his coach and Lebron get flack from some of you guys? lol at the double standard. It is not even funny. The people saying Bynum is just a kid I have on question for you. So? Who cares. Did his mom not raise him to be respectful? Or is it because he plays with Kobe that he has this attitude? I am not sure, but we all know that LeBron would not call out his coach and complain about not playing.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #29
okayabc123
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 420
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
So let me get this straight. LeBron James makes fun of Barkley after Barkley publicly said he should shut up, and Bynum calls out his coach and Lebron get flack from some of you guys? lol at the double standard. It is not even funny. The people saying Bynum is just a kid I have on question for you. So? Who cares. Did his mom not raise him to be respectful? Or is it because he plays with Kobe that he has this attitude? I am not sure, but we all know that LeBron would not call out his coach and complain about not playing.

Uh first of all, what does Kobe have to do with this?

And secondly, Bynum is only saying what everyone in LA is thinking. The "greatest coach of all time" in the NBA needs to start earning his $10 million dollars a year job. I'm tired of his lackadaisical approach in his substitution pattern, especially in tight ball games. He needs to get out of his a$$ and understand that when other teams are making a 10-0 run in the 4th, maybe, just maybe it's time to call a timeout, make some changes to get different looks out there.

And here is the thing, Phil needs to play Bynum in the 4th more. He has always been the one to always let the game teaches its players on how to play in the "moment" or the "situation", yet he takes out one of his most valuable asset, especially on defense and rebounding.
okayabc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #30
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 32,331
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Odom is a contract player. he will play harder.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy