Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool
Default Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/b...hooting-points

Quote:
Lamar Odom has squawked about the time and space Jackson is using him a couple of times already. And now that Jackson has played Odom instead of Andrew Bynum for the last half of the fourth quarter the past two games, Bynum is miffed.

When told Jackson had pointed out that Bynum had merely three rebounds Wednesday night and was outrebounded by some Lakers guards, Bynum countered: “I might've gotten some in the last six minutes. You never know. You never know until the fat lady sings. He (Jackson) sings for me a lot.”

Jackson had dismissed Bynum before the game as wholly unqualified to criticize his coaching decisions, saying: “That's none of his business. … He's a kid.”

Bynum, 21, did validate that somewhat by the arrival in the locker room of a plate of fried food for him from Chickie's & Pete's Crabhouse and Sports Bar just an hour before tip-off. Yet the deeper issue with Bynum is that he feels that he can do more.

Well, most of the Lakers feel the same way. But everyone knew that sacrificing shots, points and minutes was going to be part of the championship chase this season.

It would be a stretch to categorize Bynum as disgruntled or even insolent toward Jackson. Bynum sort of shrugged as he said: “It's just something that's going to happen, I guess. Sometimes I'm out there; sometimes I'm not.”

The vets need to tell this kid to STFU lol
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:52 AM   #2
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bynum gets paid and now he thinks he can talk **** to Phil?

Heh, well, he probably shouldn't have said that, however, Bynum is a better player than Lamar Doom. So, it is somewhat justified.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
blackification
National High School Star

blackification has decent reputationblackification has decent reputation

I think you can thank the fan hype for that. He will get put in his place.
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 AM   #4
west
Celtics for life

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here

i would be piss too if i'm PJ,he really need to STFU
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:57 AM   #5
KB42PAH
Banned

KB42PAH has an OK reputation so far

He's right.

Phil is overrated, overpaid, worthless coach in zone era without superstars, doesnt' call timeouts.

Started kwame over bynum
started smush over farmar.

I can go on for days

just a pathetic coach who got exposed twice in 2004 and 2008 in zone era .

Phil = only has 1 ring in zone era.

zone = anti triangle.
KB42PAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:02 AM   #6
west
Celtics for life

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB42PAH
He's right.

Phil is overrated, overpaid, worthless coach in zone era without superstars, doesnt' call timeouts.

Started kwame over bynum
started smush over farmar.

I can go on for days

just a pathetic coach who got exposed twice in 2004 and 2008 in zone era .

Phil = only has 1 ring in zone era.

zone = anti triangle.
please get Ready to get frame on
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:05 AM   #7
the game
I airball my layups

the game has no real reputation yet.

Bynum is the future franchise player that is averaging 17 and 8 in the past five games while Odom is a scrub that is averaging 6.6 and 6 in the past five games. The better player should close out the game. If Phil does this on Christmas day we will lose.
the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:53 AM   #8
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Bynum, 21, did validate that somewhat by the arrival in the locker room of a plate of fried food for him from Chickie's & Pete's Crabhouse and Sports Bar just an hour before tip-off.
Lol what? Well he may not be the next Shaq but they share a love for food
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #9
KB42PAH
Banned

KB42PAH has an OK reputation so far

I wrote this pre-gasol, pre 07-08, but it still remains:

Let me start by exposing the Phil Jackson myth:

2005-2006, 2006-2007

1) Phil Jackson is NOT a hall of fame coach. His ineptitude, negligence, and coaching deficiencies support this.

2) He DOES NOT preach or teach defense. Even Gary Payton said, "Phil never worked on defense."

3) This may surprise a few people, but Phil does not even coach on the basketball floor. The beauty of the triangle is that you read and react. All Phil Jackson does is manage ego's, recommend books, and manage minutes out there. Scouting, personal training , almost everything is done either by assistants or his coaching staff. Phil Jackson does not coach. Period.

4) In late game scenario's, Phil only runs 3 last second plays for Kobe, when the game is on the line. A) the Red Holzman Play B) the Zipper C) A double back-door screen. Opposing coaches and players know this, and adjust accordingly which leads to horrible looks, and broken plays to finish games.

5) Throughout all of the 2005-2006 season Phil Jackson started Smush Parker over Jordan Farmar. Most lakers fans realized that Farmar was better than Parker on both ends of the court, just a month into the season. It took Phil 79 games to start Farmar over Smush. Smush Parker was a defensive cancer, and yet Phil rewarded his lack of defense. Under Pat Riley, Smush is averaging 5 minutes per game ( Keep in mind that the Heat are playing without Dwyane Wade). Phil's stubborn ego and lack of knowledge cost the Lakers many games in the 2005-2006 season. Smush Parker was a culprit in nearly every Lakers' loss, yet Phil never addressed the issue. No adjustment, no concerns, no coaching.

6) How many Lakers' fans still to this day ( I know I do), wonder why Phil Jackson never told his team to foul or grab a Suns player in the waining seconds of GAME 6 in the 2006 playoffs, during the scramble before Tim Thomas' three pointer?

If Phil was a HOF coach, wouldn't you think he would know that you NOT to let Phoenix (who is a 40%+ 3 point shooting team) get a 3 pointer up with under 10 seconds to go? Why would you even let them get a shot at tying the game?

Phil Jackson, along with Kobe Bryant carry the burden of responsibility for that clear and amateurish display of poor leadership. One word seperated us from the 2nd round: "Foul!"

Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pylV_2mT7BE

7) Phil Consistently gives Brian Cook minutes over the past few years. With his influence in management, he should have had this guy shipped out a while ago. Cook is a foul-maniac, a defensive liability, who pushes off on every rebound and who is arguably the most one-dimensional player in the league.

8 ) Unbeknownst to the casual Laker Fans, Phil Jackson likes to teach his players lesson IN the game rather than during practice. The unfortunate consequence of this is that , by doing so, Phil Jackson inadvertently and unintentionally costs us winnable games. If you are losing winnable games. At the end of the 2005-2006 season in an interview with KCAL 9, Phil admitted that he sabotaged games to the detriment of his team. "I've cost us many games. Looking back, there are many things I would like to re-do."

If any other coach was coaching the Lakers and making these decisions , they would have been fired by now. But because Phil has 9 rings ( From coaching 3 of the greatest players ever), he is immune to criticism!

2007-2008 NBA SEASON:

Now that we have established that Phil is a poor, negligent coach, that costs his team winnable games, lets look at how he has done in these 6 games:

Reality Check: Phil Jackson has cost the Lakers 2 wins this season (New Orleans).

1) His rotations are beyond disgusting. Starting Mihm over Bynum? Giving Cook extended minutes? Playing Carl and Cook over Crittenton? Sitting Kobe for extended minutes to start 4th quarters? These moves DIRECTLY contribute to our losses.

2) Phil is not utilizing the best offensive player in the game. Instead of running the offense through Kobe, he decides to post up clumsy duds like Kwame Brown and Luke Walton. He has turned the game's best scorer into a pass-first shoot player, that has lead to nothing but a .500 record.

3) Any smart coach would use Kobe to attack the opponents best player early in the first and try to pick up 2 fouls on them. Against the Suns, Kobe should attack Amare early on, and try to get 2 fouls on him. Against Spurs, he should do the same on Duncan. Kobe Bryant shot 0 free throws tonight. Zero.

The idea that Phil Jackson is a great HOF coach, is nothing more than a monstrous myth.

Since Phil's return, the Lakers are

Regular season: 93-80 (.537)
Playoffs: 4-8 (.333)
50+ win seasons: 0
Playoff series wins: 0
Frustrated Superstar/s: 1

Management has a big part in this, but Phil does too.

Last edited by KB42PAH : 12-04-2008 at 04:00 AM.
KB42PAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #10
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by the game
Bynum is the future franchise player that is averaging 17 and 8 in the past five games while Odom is a scrub that is averaging 6.6 and 6 in the past five games. The better player should close out the game. If Phil does this on Christmas day we will lose.

cant help but laugh with this statement.... the topic is bynum why do you have to be so insecure and bring up greg oden? remember its just the rookie season of oden.. can you please tell me what was bynum's numbers when he was a rookie. i hate getting off topic but you started it.

Bynum has to know that he is not #24.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #11
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
cant help but laugh with this statement.... the topic is bynum why do you have to be so insecure and bring up greg oden? remember its just the rookie season of oden.. can you please tell me what was bynum's numbers when he was a rookie. i hate getting off topic but you started it.

sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 AM   #12
srekaL
Decent playground baller

srekaL has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

He meant Lamar Odom you goon. You know, the Power Forward that plays for the Lakers? Stop picking fights.

He's totally right. The Lakers defense is already terrible and when you take out Bynum at the end of games it gets magnified tenfold. Not to mention he's a better offensive player than Odom. I'm sure Bynum was angry when the Lakers couldnt get a rebound against Indiana to save their lives, while he sits on the bench because Phil likes to bench him at the most crucial time of the game.

Last edited by srekaL : 12-04-2008 at 04:12 AM.
srekaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:08 AM   #13
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

"zone era" as if every team uses a zone all the time...or that every team can even play a competent zone defense.

Anyway, Bynum is immature and always had an attitude probelm. See: GIMME THE EFFING BALL, and the Shaq scuffle. He needs to grow up and be thankful his overrated ass got that payday.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:11 AM   #14
kobelamarjackson
High School JV MVP

kobelamarjackson has an OK reputation so far

bynum should just respect phil and listen to him.
the kid is 21 for crying out loud.
kobelamarjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 AM   #15
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The topic is bynum why do you have to be so insecure and bring up greg oden?.
Umm, hmm, errr.... The guy was talking about Odom

Fail much?
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: