Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #31
omarnyc
Local High School Star

omarnyc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: So, how do we rejuvinate this Suns Team?

the suns need help on the perimeter, they should look to try and trade amare now because he's outta there in 2010
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #32
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

1.) Fire Steve Kerr
2.) Get a new coach
3.) Blow up the roster... trade Shaq, Nash, Hill, etc. and only keep Amare.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #33
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

I don't know why Kerr traded for Shaq. He has a horrible contract and he is clearly past it. I understand they wanted a low post presence and some defense, but Shaq and Nash just don't seem to have much chemistry. If you play into Shaq you reduce Nash into a spot up shooter and that just doesn't utilize all of Nash's abilities. Plus although Shaqs defense is adequate at times, he is inconsistent due to being in this stage of his career to anchor a defense.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #34
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation

Keep Amare and Porter fire everybody else including steve Kerr.
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #35
Bodin
Great young streetballer

Bodin has an OK reputation so far

I see the Suns being a very different team in the near future. As they are right now, they aren't going anywhere.

They have 2 options:

1) Rebuild around Amare, if they can keep him.

2) Trade and completely change the team for the beginning of next season.

I think #1 is more likely but who knows.
Bodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #36
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

1. Get rid of Terry Porter
2. Get rid of Shaq
3. Return to the Fastbreak offense
4. Get rid of Steve Kerr..before he really messes things up.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #37
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
3. Return to the Fastbreak offense

when will everyone learn?

Fastbreak offense will never win championships, it will be like playing a video game and never getting to the final boss..

They need to transform to Terry Porter's style, which is defense first.
imo, trade away players rebuild, forget the whole offensive style, etc. start fresh.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #38
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

So your plan is to go back to the style of play that failed in the playoffs year after year, except to do it with older, less athletic players. Good luck with that.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #39
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
They could really use some insurance at PG. A guy like Rondo would be great

ha

but damn...

I don't know what Kerr is doing, they had a style of play that was tailor made for Steve Nash, it allowed him to make his teammates better because he knew when and where to find them, that's why he won his MVP awards.

and then all of a sudden, after much success although no Finals...they go in a completely opposite direction, but keep Nashy, knowing this style of play is not utilizing Nash's ability like they should.

It's sad, they were such an exciting and fun team to watch, all they needed was to improve their defense somehow, maybe through a trade or aquisition but not change their whole style.

I completly agree with above poster who said Amare is not strong enough on D or on the boards, considering his atheletic ability, he's not willing to get his nose dirty enough, he's all about scoring.

KG is far superior.

I say trade Amare while his stock is high and get something good in return, get rid of Snaq hopefully for something of atleast small value.

Matt Barnes is garbage.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #40
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I would clean house. Get rid of everyone but Amare, and build around him (assuming you can convince him to stay in Phoenix).

I would even consider trading Nash this year to an Eastern contender. Try to pick up some young talent, draft picks, or cap space.

From what I hear, the Suns owner is cheap. That means their main chance of building a contender is through the draft, not free agency.
------------
I believe you are correct about Amare. he has to be the cornerstone , because there is nothing left of this team , when you get past Nash.
The clog in the wheel I'm afraid is Shaq , even though in the playoff's his 'D' as well as low post are important parts.
I would try to get Lee from the Knicks , and send Nash.
last playoff spot in the west could come down to Spurs against Mav's.
If the Suns work some majic - I see once again a first round exit.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #41
Flashbeanie
Serious playground baller

Flashbeanie has no real reputation yet.

A team full of fragile egos. I think they were doomed when Nash got ALL the credit back in 2004-2005 and then in 2005-2006. The media played a part in this.
Flashbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 AM   #42
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

Buy a time machine.
Trade Amare for KG when KG was available.
Sit back and enjoy the championship.
/thread
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:06 AM   #43
TheGame
Serious playground baller

TheGame has an OK reputation so far

Heres what I would do but the window of opportunity is now!

1. Fire Steve Kerr
2. Get a new coach
3. Get back to the Fastbreak offense - Charles Barkley made a good point about this on TNT he said the Suns should just play fast and when things slow down most likely in the forth quarter go into the half court game with Shaq who just dominates. Shaq is a great player they shouldn't run there entire offense through him hes on a decline. They need to run it through Nash and Amare again!
TheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:28 AM   #44
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Well let's take a look at what has changed this year, from the team that finished 15-5 last season. Basically, Matt Barnes has replaced Gordan Giricek. Robin Lopez/Amundson have replaced Brian Skinner. Nash is getting a little more rest with the addition of Singletary/Dragic.

None of those are drastic changes which should cause a good team to turn bad.

What has changed is the system, coach and game plan. It is up to Porter to motivate these guys and let them find their comfort zones. Every game I've seen, there have been at least 10 or so plays where the Suns suffered thanks to pure laziness or lack of effort.

Part of me hopes the next game is a huge blowout loss, like 40 points - one that will ignite a fire under these guys and make 'em think "y'know what, this sucks, we're better than this. I'm not letting Dirk blow past me anymore; I'm not gonna watch Brandon Bass outrebound me. We're better than this - and in our darkest moment, we're going to prove it"
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #45
SilentObserver
I hit open 5-footers

SilentObserver has an OK reputation so far

Theres nothing that can save the suns, its simple as that, their time is gone.
They were strong enough to get to the finals few years back, but come on, different coach, different attitude, of course different roster with flying marion and shooting the lights out j.johnson.

They were having fun putting 120-130 pts on their opponents, chemistry was there, but with consecutive failures in the postseason and key players gone, they are where they are now.

For three years now they are playing worse year by year, anyone who can find a solution here is a magician.
SilentObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: