Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation
Default So, how do we rejuvinate this Suns Team?

Im going about our recent struggles in a calm manner(although im pretty mad)
Iv'e just been thinking to my self of what we need and how we can do it, Because honestly something just isn't clicking. Maybe were just one big win away from getting back on track but something deffinetly needs to change.
options

1-Fire Terry Porter
This option is very unlikely because for one Kerr is stubborn and very good friends with the guy. I like the guy a lot but he has no offensive gameplan which has worked so far and has destroyed something that did not need fixing. Our defense has also not improved a considerable amount to compinsate for our offensive struggles.
2-Trade Amare Stoudemire
Now this move would honestly be very drastic but if you really wanted to shake things up this would be one of our only options since most of our guys are untradeble anyways. Now i'm not saying trade him just so we can trade him, we deffinetly need value back and he may very well leave after 2010. I hope we don't have to do this but im just laying out options.
3-Start running a lot again
This is pretty obvious and i think most agree with this anyways but if we want to start winning games maybe we should just get back to the old ways and see if we can do what we did with Shaq last year. Its sad that we even came to this though considering we had the best offensive coach last year

Any ideas trades comments? I also wonder what we could get for diaw/barbosa although they've deffinetly not been the problem and diaws played very well.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...t-bickley.html

Quote:
After returning from the locker room alone, Porter told the media that Nash might soon take a greater hand in this offense by controlling the ball more frequently. Nash could then create plays, shots and spacing. Effectively, it means the offense no longer starts in the post.

"It's a lot easier to control turnovers from one guy than from 12 guys," Porter said.

And then the coach tossed the window open:

"If Formula 1 isn't working, you go to Formula 2," he added.

To recap: In one busy day, Porter called his team off the court, proving who's in charge. Then he admitted the potential error of his offensive design and showed a willingness to change. It was nice to see a coach hold everyone accountable.

Im just gonna put this article in there for whoever is interested, its pretty interesting credits to 3stat3

Last edited by Darius07 : 12-04-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:30 AM   #2
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Re: So, how do we rejuvinate this Suns Team?

Trade Nash for young talent and rebuild around Amare.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
Bimbo Coles
High school junior varsity star

Bimbo Coles has an OK reputation so far

Ha ha yes. I told you so. Too bad you didnít join me while I was apparently ranting and raving at the end of last season. It is too late now to make major changes. We will go with the cattle that we have.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
Ha ha yes. I told you so. Too bad you didnít join me while I was apparently ranting and raving at the end of last season. It is too late now to make major changes. We will go with the cattle that we have.
Tell Kerr that not me, honestly if i could the first thing i'd change would be to Fire Steve KErr as fast as i could! He's the backbone to this problem but sadly i don't see Sarver having the balls to do anything about it.

Oh and Dragic who we betted our futures on has been very dissapointing
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
Gevz2kX
Logician

Gevz2kX has decent reputation

first step is to get rid of shaq
Gevz2kX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #6
Bimbo Coles
High school junior varsity star

Bimbo Coles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius07
Tell Kerr that not me, honestly if i could the first thing i'd change would be to Fire Steve KErr as fast as i could! He's the backbone to this problem but sadly i don't see Sarver having the balls to do anything about it.

Oh and Dragic who we betted our futures on has been very dissapointing

I was ready to blow it all up at the end of last season. We exited embarrassingly and this season was without doubt going to be nothing but mediocre. Some of our funs thought we were in it with a chance (Iím looking at you Statman or whatever your name is with the Amare avatar). The off-season was an opportunity to mix it up and give us time to gel. Iím not one for making big moves early in the season or midseason so I would just ride it out as we delay the inevitable. Kerr and most of our fans seem happy with settling for mediocrity, you are going to get it this season donít you worry about that.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 AM   #7
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

They could really use some insurance at PG. A guy like Rondo would be great
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #8
blackification
National High School Star

blackification has decent reputationblackification has decent reputation

Trade amare end him of his misery he doesn't want to play the only reason he is still playing for the suns is to not mess up his rep as a good scorer he walks away after Porter starts talking to him he obviously doesn't care what Porter has to say so just trade him, save him from his misery, save yourselves from your misery come 2010, and start looking for another all star to rebuild around because you can't bet on Amare staying and you aren't going anywhere this year. Free Amare, free yourselves, and make the suns "fans" shut up.
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #9
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

I've proposed for the last two months that Portland and Phoenix make somethign close to this trade:

Blake + Outlaw + Frye + 2 Future First Rounders, Top 3 protected taken any time at Phoenix's choosing over the next 4 drafts

For

Nash + 2 Future second rounders taken the same years as Phoenix's firsts
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would clean house. Get rid of everyone but Amare, and build around him (assuming you can convince him to stay in Phoenix).

I would even consider trading Nash this year to an Eastern contender. Try to pick up some young talent, draft picks, or cap space.

From what I hear, the Suns owner is cheap. That means their main chance of building a contender is through the draft, not free agency.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #11
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Dump Amare. He doesn't rebound or defend nearly at what his athleticism could dictate. It's his play style and effort that isn't conducive to much aside from scoring. When he wants to, he can be a beast, but the fact is the Suns need more than that.

Maybe Portland would be interested in a deal for Amare that involves Blake, Outlaw, and Aldrige or Frye.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:12 AM   #12
blackification
National High School Star

blackification has decent reputationblackification has decent reputation

See the thing with Amare is it would be better for him if they trade him now. Trade him and get some good players while you can because he is leaving no matter what. Trade him and let him struggle the rest of this year and next year show him being the leader is difficult he needs this year to start learning and next year to learn even more so when 2010 comes around he'll be ready. At that point maybe they can get him to come back (doubtful but at least they got something while they could). Amare needs to struggle a bit he has been to spoiled team wised always been with good point gaurds if he is going to become an elite player he needs to struggle through and learn from the worst. He has had a very bad injury but its different than having a bad team which I don't think he really has had it won't hurt his stats but the only thing that would contain his ego at this point is him seeing how it really is for a year or two. That is just what I think would be best for both sides. Even if Amare doesn't come back they can get another all star in 2010 with the free cap space.

edit - Most of the suns fans supposedly don't want Amare anymore anyway so let them have a lesson too while your are at it.
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 AM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Fire Steve Kerr, or the Suns will never have future.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:20 AM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
From what I hear, the Suns owner is cheap. That means their main chance of building a contender is through the draft, not free agency.

The Suns have been notorious in selling their draft picks... see Luol Deng, Rudy Fernandez, Rajon Rondo, and Nate Robinson.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 AM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
They could really use some insurance at PG. A guy like Rondo would be great
doh! imagine if they hadnt traded all their picks for a fistful of dollars. At least they got barnes to sign on the cheap.

good edit to the OP.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: