Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #16
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: McDyess with Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Im sure the players assiociation would go for that...

Looking at the other things Stern has forced down their throats I wouldn't doubt they'd take it. I'd start out talking about trying to do things like do 10 random drug tests a year, impose a hard cap, and give the teams power to relegate any vet the D League no matter how much experience he had, and that start relenting on my demands to get the things I really wanted. I'm sure some of my points would pass.
2LeTTeRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #17
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's only a matter of weeks before Nene gets hurt and misses 40 games. I'm pretty sure it was in his new contract.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #18
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Ironically enough, McDyess showed this same loyal attitude for Denver ten years ago.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Ironically enough, McDyess showed this same loyal attitude for Denver ten years ago.
and, I suspect, is why he doesnt want to play there now. especially with his age and general plan of retirement. Obviously he didnt care too much about the money, and that is rare and commendable. Hes freaking made. He certainly wasnt wasting his money funding dogfighting enterprises or bling habits or whatever. Im sure he is comfortable with his retirement income and recognizes that some things in life are more important than money.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 AM   #20
vincentda
Decent playground baller

vincentda has decent reputationvincentda has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
and, I suspect, is why he doesnt want to play there now. especially with his age and general plan of retirement. Obviously he didnt care too much about the money, and that is rare and commendable. Hes freaking made. He certainly wasnt wasting his money funding dogfighting enterprises or bling habits or whatever. Im sure he is comfortable with his retirement income and recognizes that some things in life are more important than money.

You nailed it. Despite being screwed by the Suns and Rockets and dealing with should be career ending injuries this guy has always stayed positive and loyal.

He didn't blow his money on dogfighting but ask him about FoSho clothing if you ever see him.
vincentda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 AM   #21
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleynash
I wish there were more guys with Antonio's class and integrity.
It is so confusing to be a fan these days when teams are dumping payroll and trying to acquire or trade expiring contracts etc. It is much more difficult to be a GM now than it was 15 years ago.

mcdyess lost alot of his classyness the way he handled the buyout.

i have no problems with him wanting to go home or loving detroit - but he handled it horribly.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #22
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
From a basketball perspective you're right not going to Denver was a dumb move, but as previously stated there are confounding factors like relocating/being away from the family, friends made while in Det, etc. and a guy at the end of the road may be content with making millions and living his life as opposed to getting more PT or a better chance at a ring

Actually, you misunderstood me. I agree with his intention to not play with Denver. Denver isn't going anywhere, despite what their overoptimistic fans seem to think.

I'm just not sure Detroit is a lock for a championship contender either.

If I was McDyess and I wanted a championship I'd have gone with someone with a better shot, like LA or Boston. Even the Spurs might have a better shot than Detroit in the long run. The best thing Detroit has going for them right now is they seem to step it up for big games.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #23
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Denver is medicore. They have 3 big men on the roster. One has a bum knee and will be lucky to play 70 games this year. Another has to play limited minutes because of prostate cancer. Why don't you go back until 1980 and then count the # of teams that have won championships without a solid man in the middle?

For being someone who self admittedly never watches Denver play, you sure have alot to say about them. Surprisingly predictable when it comes to bad mouthing the Nuggets, actually. Stick to trying to convince yourself Bron is still gonna be a Cav in three years.

Actually, I think LeBron will be a Cav in three years, but I was just trying to argue like you.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
mcdyess lost alot of his classyness the way he handled the buyout.

i have no problems with him wanting to go home or loving detroit - but he handled it horribly.
how should he have handled it? Did he say anything bad about the organization or really communicate in the media about it? Of course, you feel he should have handled it by reporting and playing for the nuggs cause you guys could use him, but he has stated for at least the last two years that he would either finish with the pistons or retire. He was upfront with his position and stuck to it.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #25
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Actually, you misunderstood me. I agree with his intention to not play with Denver. Denver isn't going anywhere, despite what their overoptimistic fans seem to think.

its not over optimism. we have a right to have the same excitement as any other fans for their team. plus we are playing well. hate all you want - doesnt make you right in any way.

we havent said anything wrong or crazy at all - no denver fan is claiming we will win a title. we are simply a better team since the trade. thats an undeniable fact - even for you. and since we werent getting any cap space from letting AI walk (unlike detroit) it makes the deal even smarter on our end.

does that mean detroit lost the deal? of course not. what they do from this point on, who knows - in fact if they sign a western player i think it makes the deal even better for both teams!

so keep hating - you sound like a bigger idiot every single time you post. but its fun to laugh at.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #26
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
how should he have handled it? Did he say anything bad about the organization or really communicate in the media about it? Of course, you feel he should have handled it by reporting and playing for the nuggs cause you guys could use him, but he has stated for at least the last two years that he would either finish with the pistons or retire. He was upfront with his position and stuck to it.

he should have accepted the simple buyout on day one and moved on his way instead of demanding more money (despite NOT agreeing to the contract he signed himself!)

he got traded - this is a business but he handled it like a child.

frankly i never cared if he played for us...thats not the issue at all.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #27
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Another has to play limited minutes because of prostate cancer.
He's playing 33 minutes a game. To put that into perspective, Martin, Melo and Chauncey are all playing 34. Prostate cancer has nothing to do with anything anymore. He's healthy now.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's close to retirement and doesn't want to move to Denver. It's not like he HAS to work anymore.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #29
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

If I was McDyess and I wanted a championship I'd have gone with someone with a better shot, like LA or Boston. Even the Spurs might have a better shot than Detroit in the long run. The best thing Detroit has going for them right now is they seem to step it up for big games.

Mathius

McDyess stated publicly that he doesn't want to go to a 'top contender' just to win a ring. He even dissed played who do that, calling them "ring chasers" or something like that.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #30
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far

If he really wanted to win he would have chose BOSTON.

But I agree, Denver with Billups looks stronger then D with Iverson.

J.R. Smith looks incredible some nights but still inconsistent, he's the wild card.

Melo also seems to take off plays from time to time.

I like Denver, but k-mart is a punk, Big Baby gonna push him around next game for trying to get overly physical.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: