Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #16
J000
ISH #1 AFGHAN

J000 is a pretty well-respected posterJ000 is a pretty well-respected posterJ000 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Which Team Is the Biggest Disappointment Thus Far In The Season?

I'm disappointed with the 76ers, they had one of the biggest hype coming in and adding Elton Brand. With the addition they should get more dominant than last year. The chemistry was great last year and Iggy was beasting, now after he got signed the big deal, he simmered down a bit.
J000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
New Orleans. I was expecting them to be right behind the Lakers in the western conference but the other day I looked at the standings and they're #8.

This really shouldn't matter cause its the beginning of the season. A week from now they can be the 2nd seed. Its too early to go by standings.

Its easily the 76ers IMO, at least for those that were actually buying into the hype. I wasn't really buying too much into it cause the guy they signed, who was supposed to take them over the top, is 30 and just came off an injury that kept him out for a year. People shouldn't be that surprised. But the majority of people were saying they would be better then the Cavs and the Magic.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Sixers, Raptors,New Orleans, and Clippers.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #19
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
This really shouldn't matter cause its the beginning of the season. A week from now they can be the 2nd seed. Its too early to go by standings.
Yeah but the topic title said biggest disappoinment thus far...for me its New Orleans because many people had them #1 in the west and I expected them to start off the season strong. It is definitely too early to tell though, the chances that the standings will remain the same is very unlikely.

Also I don't follow the EC teams, otherwise I'd probably say the Sixers too as that seems to be the popular opinion among everyone.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I wasn't really buying too much into it cause the guy they signed, who was supposed to take them over the top, is 30 and just came off an injury that kept him out for a year. People shouldn't be that surprised.

Funny since of all the reasons for failure you mentioned (Brand being old, coming back from injury), none have been a reason for the failure of the sixers.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #21
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
my post addressing the sixers, spurs, mavs and raptors was deleted why, exactly?
why spurs? i mean injuries frustrate me too but uhh?
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #22
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm surprised no one has said Houston. A lot of people expected Artest to bring them to the next level. Their offense is nasty bad. I've been more impressed with their bench than their starters tbh.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #23
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
why spurs? i mean injuries frustrate me too but uhh?

I don't know, I don't think they should be listed. Before Ginoboli and Parker came back they were 6-2 in their last 8 games. I think they pulled it off pretty well for having two of their stars out.

If anything teams should've buried the Spurs, but they remained afloat and will be top 5 in the Western probably not if no major injuries happen.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #24
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic has decent reputationOrlando Magic has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Sixers for me so far. Still really early in the season but I thought they would be giving the Celtics a run for their money out East.

That's because you don't think much. None of their players are anywhere close to Garnett or Pierce.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

Andre Mutha****ing Iguodala
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #26
patigree
Decent playground baller

patigree has an OK reputation so far

Clippers- What the hell?

76ers- We know Brand signed, but did they really re-signed Iguodala, seems like he is missing.

Hornets- They are not gonna be a very impressive team record-wise but they are definitely at a high level

Suns- Record says they are good but the truth is Porter doesn't know how to run this team...

Spurs- Not really disappointed but a little surprised

Jazz- Look Hornets

Warriors- Seriously I am disappointed but then again you can't win a game with 4 guards in the starting line-up
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #27
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Bobcats.

Well, maybe not for everybody else, but for me.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #28
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
The Bobcats.

Well, maybe not for everybody else, but for me.

Any team not competing well is a disappointment, but before the season started I had them in the 5 worst teams of this season expected.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #29
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

DC's Finest has decent reputationDC's Finest has decent reputation

I agree with the sixers being a dissapointment, but no ones mentioned washington? Surely no one expected them to be this bad....
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #30
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J000
I'm disappointed with the 76ers, they had one of the biggest hype coming in and adding Elton Brand.
And what did we LEARN about hype?

San Antonio - although injuries.. you know.
Washington - Not sure what's going on. They didn't have Arenas last year, so what's different now?
Clippers - On paper they seemed to be pretty solid. Don't know what happened there.
Detroit - Only because I thought they'd have made more moves. But their team is still more than solid. The only team in the league to beat Boston and Cleveland, right?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: