Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Which Team Is the Biggest Disappointment Thus Far In The Season?

Currently I would probably put the 76ers up there. So far things aren't looking that much better than last year with the addition of Brand. They've lost the last 3 games in a row. They're defense looks decent, but their offense hasn't looked like I would've thought it would with the addition of Brand and Young developing well.

Maybe a week ago I would've picked New Orleans for the first spot. They were 5-5 at one point with really the only injury going to Chandler. This team looks pretty stacked now talent wise so you'd think they'd be up there with the Lakers, or the Rockets, etc. They've looked well though the last 5 games even though they just lost to the Blazers?

Opinions on disappointing teams so far everyone?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Which Team Is the Biggest Disappointment Thus Far In The Season?

the lakers by far. it was 82-0 or bust for them.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

76ers
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
JdubStylee

Cavs. Why haven't they won the Finals already?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Clippers..

I thought the stacked line-up and great bench would give them a spot in the playoffs, so far its a disappointment
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

New Orleans. I was expecting them to be right behind the Lakers in the western conference but the other day I looked at the standings and they're #8.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

I saw it coming, but I astill hoped the Sixers would play better. They just don't have the guys who fit together.

Also the Clippers have the same problem. You have a run & gun pg, a older C and a oft injured c who you can't count on and who doesn't have his head on straight. Then a sf who just isn't that good.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

definitely the sixers.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Clippers..

I thought the stacked line-up and great bench would give them a spot in the playoffs, so far its a disappointment

I don't know, before the season started I just felt that even on paper it didn't look good for them to gel together. I think if they kept Brand and added Davis they would've been better off with Brand/Kaman than Camby/Kaman.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #10
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I saw it coming, but I astill hoped the Sixers would play better. They just don't have the guys who fit together.

Also the Clippers have the same problem. You have a run & gun pg, a older C and a oft injured c who you can't count on and who doesn't have his head on straight. Then a sf who just isn't that good.
clippers should be better with z-bo. and thornton not that good?
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I don't know, before the season started I just felt that even on paper it didn't look good for them to gel together. I think if they kept Brand and added Davis they would've been better off with Brand/Kaman than Camby/Kaman.

I thought with the starting line-up, on paper it looked dangerous.
Camby/Kaman combo looked deadly on paper as it gives the frontcourt a mix of good offense and really great defense, ran by a great run and gun PG.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

clippers in the west, sixers in the east.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
clippers should be better with z-bo. and thornton not that good?

Zbo in and Kaman out for a good SF, like I said combine those two for Gwallace and Augustin. Perfect. Let Gordon rip it up at sg. He's a much brighter prospect than Thornton.

Thornton is nice. He's a 6th man type of guy. A 4th option on a good team maybe. But he's just not that good. Last yeear, on a injury riddled team he had a string of good games, but so did Bob Sura and Chris Crawford in 2001 for the Hawks. Thornton isn't a great defender, he's not a very good shooter, he's not very agile. He can do everything a bit. Maybe a Josh Howard type if we are really really lucky. But since we're in win-now mode I'd sure as hell like to get a much better SF and a good back up at PG for one of our big men and Thornton.

Then again, with just trading TT away we lack depth at SF too. Maybe swing Jason Hart for a whatever SF who's rotting on a bench somewhere.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my post addressing the sixers, spurs, mavs and raptors was deleted why, exactly?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sixers for me so far. Still really early in the season but I thought they would be giving the Celtics a run for their money out East.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: