Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Default Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Sac trade: Brad Miller Quincy Douby
gets: Raef LaFrentz Flip Murray 1st rounder Atl

Reasons: Total salary dump and gives them a chance to rebuild even further.

lineup
Hawes/Sheldon/Raef
Mikki/JT/Kenny
Salmons/Cisco
Kevin/Murray
Beno/B.Jax/Brown

Por trade: Raef LaFrentz
gets: Zaza Pachulia Speedy Claxton

Reasons: gets another servicable big man in Zaza to be a 3rd big man off the bench

Atl trade: Zaza Pachulia Speedy Claxton Flip Murray 1st rounder
gets: Brad Miller Quincy Douby

Reasons: Shake things up and gives their starting lineup more balance. It also makes their bench much more competitive with Marvin Williams being the sixth man.

lineup
Brad/Morris
Horford/Jones
Smith/Williams
Joe/Evans/Douby
Bibby/Law
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

If Portland is going to use its extremely valuable $12+ million expiring contract, its not going to be for the purpose of adding a 5th bigman to their roster.

Also, why would they take on an extra $5 million in Speedy Claxton's contract next year?? Bayless already doesn't get any burn, so why would they pay that much for someone to sit on the bench?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
If Portland is going to use its extremely valuable $12+ million expiring contract, its not going to be for the purpose of adding a 5th bigman to their roster.

Also, why would they take on an extra $5 million in Speedy Claxton's contract next year?? Bayless already doesn't get any burn, so why would they pay that much for someone to sit on the bench?
what are you talking about...Zaza>>>>>Frye/Diogu/Randolph!

so how would Zaza be a 5th big man off the bench when he is clearly better than those guys mentioned. He's a expiring and not to mention serivable. I'll give you the claxton arugement but his deal is up in 2010 so thats not difficult at all to deal with
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
what are you talking about...Zaza>>>>>Frye/Diogu/Randolph!

so how would Zaza be a 5th big man off the bench when he is clearly better than those guys mentioned. He's a expiring and not to mention serivable. I'll give you the claxton arugement but his deal is up in 2010 so thats not difficult at all to deal with

Aldridge, Oden, Pryzbilla, Frye..... and Zaza makes 5!!!! (not mention the fact that Outlaw plays some minutes at the PF position as well)

Also, not EVERY team is infatuated with the free agency market of 2010, and adding $5.5 million to their salary is $5 million less than what could be spent on free agents in the summer of 2009.

Last, like i said, LaFrentz's $13 million expiring contract could be far, far, far more valuable than the acquisition of Zaza f'n Pachulia, and bailing the Hawks out of $5.5 million from a PG that doesn't play.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,197
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
Sac trade: Brad Miller Quincy Douby
gets: Raef LaFrentz Flip Murray 1st rounder Atl

Reasons: Total salary dump and gives them a chance to rebuild even further.

lineup
Hawes/Sheldon/Raef
Mikki/JT/Kenny
Salmons/Cisco
Kevin/Murray
Beno/B.Jax/Brown

Por trade: Raef LaFrentz
gets: Zaza Pachulia Speedy Claxton

Reasons: gets another servicable big man in Zaza to be a 3rd big man off the bench

Atl trade: Zaza Pachulia Speedy Claxton Flip Murray 1st rounder
gets: Brad Miller Quincy Douby

Reasons: Shake things up and gives their starting lineup more balance. It also makes their bench much more competitive with Marvin Williams being the sixth man.

lineup
Brad/Morris
Horford/Jones
Smith/Williams
Joe/Evans/Douby
Bibby/Law

And you compared my proposal to Hawkfan!
WhyTF would Portland ever consider this?
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers
 
Perezident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,720
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
And you compared my proposal to Hawkfan!
WhyTF would Portland ever consider this?

because your trade is baseless....you gut the whole team of the clips for scrubs vince and other crap? We see that oden is slowly becoming an injury prone guy, the guy is an expiring, and if i'm not mistaking Portland is already under the cap right?
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 758
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
because your trade is baseless....you gut the whole team of the clips for scrubs vince and other crap? We see that oden is slowly becoming an injury prone guy, the guy is an expiring, and if i'm not mistaking Portland is already under the cap right?

I'm getting really tired of people labeling Oden as "injury prone". He had an unfortunate circumstace last year. That whole year is now over and done. He worked, came back, but was tackled in the first game of the season and tweaked an ankle slightly(was out less time that Deron Williams who was projected to be out for a similar time frame). Since he's been back he's been doing nothing but improve.

He's nowhere near as bad injury-wise as say Gilbert Arenas. Knock it off.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerftc
I'm getting really tired of people labeling Oden as "injury prone". He had an unfortunate circumstace last year. That whole year is now over and done. He worked, came back, but was tackled in the first game of the season and tweaked an ankle slightly(was out less time that Deron Williams who was projected to be out for a similar time frame). Since he's been back he's been doing nothing but improve.

He's nowhere near as bad injury-wise as say Gilbert Arenas. Knock it off.
Did you forget his history before the NBA? The guy is injury prone.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
geno
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

He's been fine and healthy every since returning after a very short hiatus, and has been improving every game. Close to expiring? Look's like someones just embarrassed and frustrated because his thread is so terrible.
geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #10
kumquat
College superstar
 
kumquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,468
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

No team is dumb enough to Use $12million in cap space for acquiring a 3rd big man off the bench as well as acquiring a horrible contract from an injured player, let alone a club run by Kevin Pritchard.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #11
mltk53
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 135
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

stupid
mltk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #12
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Sac/Por/Atl would either team do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
Sac trade: Brad Miller Quincy Douby
gets: Raef LaFrentz Flip Murray 1st rounder Atl

Reasons: Total salary dump and gives them a chance to rebuild even further.

lineup
Hawes/Sheldon/Raef
Mikki/JT/Kenny
Salmons/Cisco
Kevin/Murray
Beno/B.Jax/Brown

Por trade: Raef LaFrentz
gets: Zaza Pachulia Speedy Claxton

Reasons: gets another servicable big man in Zaza to be a 3rd big man off the bench

Atl trade: Zaza Pachulia Speedy Claxton Flip Murray 1st rounder
gets: Brad Miller Quincy Douby

Reasons: Shake things up and gives their starting lineup more balance. It also makes their bench much more competitive with Marvin Williams being the sixth man.

lineup
Brad/Morris
Horford/Jones
Smith/Williams
Joe/Evans/Douby
Bibby/Law

Hawks would probably do this.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy