Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #31
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire article (If anyone is going to the Knicks, he seems most likely)

What's Amare complaining about? The team is winning, they have the 2nd best record in the West. Shaq is the Suns best post player and best passing big man, that's why Porter runs a lot of plays for him.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #32
guy
NBA All-star

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire article (If anyone is going to the Knicks, he seems most likely)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenDedalus
Since when has KG carried a team in a way Nowitzki hasn't?

What do you even bring up Dirk for? KG hasn't carried a team? He carried the Wolves to multiple 50+ win seasons with guys like Wally Zcerbiak as his best teammate. What Dirk has done in Dallas is definitely impressive, but he's always had great talent around him, while KG has had that for like 2 seasons.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #33
StephenDedalus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
What do you even bring up Dirk for? KG hasn't carried a team? He carried the Wolves to multiple 50+ win seasons with guys like Wally Zcerbiak as his best teammate. What Dirk has done in Dallas is definitely impressive, but he's always had great talent around him, while KG has had that for like 2 seasons.

One guy got there as a 3rd option, the other got there with jason terry as his 2nd best player...

People become so overrated the second they are part of a championship team
StephenDedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #34
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
I think most people understands that except Amare, and his two hardcore fans on ISH. HAHAHA

REally, having a post up game that attracts doubles is so important. It breaks down the other team's defense and also get easier shots for teammates. Duncan can drop 19 and 13 and it's probably a more valuable performance than one of Amare's 37 and 9 games. Because Duncan probably altered triple the amount of shots Amare did and probably set up about 10-20 more easy points for teammates than Amare did.

(more silence)

and finally my response to your retarded post:
Watch a damn game, Amare is more than a 2nd option player. When he's not scoring he's finding his teammates so they can score. He's basically averaging the same amount of assists at KG. He's not a selfish scorer or just a pure scorer. Have you even watched Amare play recently?
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #35
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey

(more silence)

and finally my response to your retarded post:
Watch a damn game, Amare is more than a 2nd option player. When he's not scoring he's finding his teammates so they can score. He's basically averaging the same amount of assists at KG. He's not a selfish scorer or just a pure scorer. Have you even watched Amare play recently?

I'll "watch a damn game" when you "read a damn post".

What part did I say Amare was a selfish scorer? I did say he's a pure scorer because that's what he is.

Amare setting teammates up? please are you confusing NBA 2k with real life?

And when did I say Amare is just a second option on the Suns right now? I said he's their best player. I merely said if he wants his own team with guys who won't come close to taking his spotlight (meaning guys worse than Nash and Shaq) the team won't be very good cause he's not at a level that can carry a team.

I said Amare doesnt have a post upgame and is a face to basket scorer.

I said Amare doesn't make teammates better the way KG/Duncan does.

I said Amare is an explosive scorer but a average, at best, rebounder and defender.

Read the post.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #36
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
Since when has KG carried a team in a way Nowitzki hasn't?

Hi,

Where in the blue hell, do you get the idea to bring up Dirk from my post?

It's the most random thing I have ever seen on the internet. You win.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #37
Smokee
Banned

It'd be incredible if they got Lebron and Amare

anyways I don't get what the Suns are doing. They weren't bad before, at the very least competitive with the top teams and there was no guarantee they wouldn't win one without going halfcourt set offense with Shaq. They look way worse than they used to

I'd take the Sun's fast paced offense with Marion > the halfcourt one with Shaq right now. Shaq may be playing well but its clear the team as a whole isn't. Kerr ****ed up imo.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #38
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
One guy got there as a 3rd option, the other got there with jason terry as his 2nd best player...

People become so overrated the second they are part of a championship team

I was talking about how KG has carried teams in the past. He did not carry the Celtics, but he did it with the Wolves earlier in the decade when he had s*** for teammates. From 2000-2003, he led his team to 3 50 win seasons. And lol at KG being a third option last year. Did you even watch the playoffs last year? You know when Paul Pierce and Ray Allen played like absolute crap for the first 2 rounds? And they didn't even play that well in the ECF. Do you even realize that KG led the team in points (on a higher FG% then PP and Allen) and rebounds? While also being their best defensive player. How many third options do that?

Dirk always had better teammates then KG except for last year. Sure in 06, his team wasn't that impressive, so he gets alot of credit for that. But this guy has played with Steve Nash, Michael Finley, Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker, Nick Van Exel, Jerry Stackhouse, Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Devin Harris. Don't act Dirk and KG's teams have even been close to comparable except for about 2 years.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #39
geno
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Amare needs to just shut the hell up for once, and drop his ego. He has a HOF center complimenting him, and he's still upset that Shaq is being focused on..Give me a break..
geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I am making it official... I want Wade and Amare on the Knicks 2010 Campaign!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #41
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Amare seems eager to away from Phoenix, at the first opportunity he gets...can't blame him
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #42
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

He's averaging like 22 and 10. It's not like Porter is telling the Suns players, "Don't pass to Amare!" You would think players would learn that winning is better than scoring +25 per game. He could look at his good buddy Shawn Marion as an example.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #43
blackification
National High School Star

Great article. I agree with him 100% every game I see I can feel it it's shaq's team and amare is there to help shaq and thats not why he came to phoenix. I can't wait until he gets out of there and shows the star power that he has. People aren't understanding that the hall of fame center isn't helping amare anymore, amare is now helping him and that hall of fame center doesn't even play back to backs when you have your go to guy rest half of every game and sometimes the whole game that's not your go to guy but Porter doesn't really care at this point because they are getting wins. Not good wins but they are getting wins all the suns games have been horrible so far they barely get wins except that detroit one and shaq left half way into the second quarter.

Last edited by blackification : 11-28-2008 at 07:33 PM.
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #44
kentatm
NBA Legend

Amare is being a big fat baby just like Marion and Joe Johnson were when they were in Phoenix.

waa waa waa he is scoring is slightly down. waa waa waa, the run and gun has died. Guess what Amare? When it was run and gun and you were the main focus? YOU DIDNT WIN ANYTHING. He is a flat out moron if he is gonna complain about the offense moving through Shaq more. If he can't handle not being THE GUY with Nash and Shaq flanking him, he will NEVER handle being the #2 behind LeBron. He needs to get it through his fat head that part of his scoring being as high as it was was b/c the tempo of the offense and that if he wants a title they MUST slow it down and play some defense (something he seems to have little interest in doing most of the time). Its no coincidence that the year the Mavs were able to balance offense with defense they made it to the Finals. Same thing needs to happen with the Suns.

His fat head needs to get pricked with a pin.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-28-2008 at 09:29 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #45
hito da god
look that way >>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
What's Amare complaining about? The team is winning, they have the 2nd best record in the West. Shaq is the Suns best post player and best passing big man, that's why Porter runs a lot of plays for him.
especially the point about shaq being their best passing big man. THAT'S why the offense runs through shaq.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: