Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #16
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire article (If anyone is going to the Knicks, he seems most likely)

I can't speculate who the Knicks will get in 2010 because I don't have psychic powers, but I would definitely want Amare wearing a Knick uniform. LeBron/Amare combo would be very deadly. I'll just start praying to the basketball gods now.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #17
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire article (If anyone is going to the Knicks, he seems most likely)

No wonder Amare and Marion couldn't get along.

Ego maniacs.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by patigree
I mean yea, it is a good trio, Rose with Stoudamire would be sick, no kidding. But by the way Bulls are handling things right now, it doesn't look like it will happen.

They're actively trying to trade Hinrich. They almost traded him for Al Harrington. They got two years to get rid of him. As long as they can do that, they can get Amare, since Gordon is about as good as gone. Only question will be how good the team the will be at that time, but if Rose can turn out to be in the same class as CP3/Deron by that time like he has the potential to be, and Deng can turn into a 20+ ppg scorer like we've expected him to be, I think the we will be an attractive team.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #19
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Ego maniacs.

LOL. That's exactly what I thought.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #20
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

He's taking 13 shots per game. His field goal percentage is still very high and his turnovers are still low. And adding what I've seen in games, I'd say the half court offense isn't directly causing his lowered production - he's simply not getting enough shots.

Last season he took 15 shots/game, averaging 17 shots per game after the Shaq trade (for 28.5 points). But now they're just not giving him the ball on offense. Watch a game. He'll be open in the high post and someone like Raja will ignore him and swing the ball around elsewhere. And then they'll call a play for Amare to clear the middle and watch Shaq.

13 shots per game. Wilson Chandler takes 14 shots per game. Mo Williams takes 13. You know who else takes 13 shots per game? Chauncey Billups. TJ Ford. Mike Bibby. Randy Foye. Even Roger Mason comes close at almost 12 per game. 13 shots is not nearly enough for what should be a number 1 option.

From the games I've watched this season, it's pretty clear: for a team that has already lost several games due to an inability to score when they really needed to, Phoenix does not get the ball to Amare enough.

We'll see how it goes though. If they manage to keep winning games and other people pick up the slack, then I have no complaints. But I've witnessed with my own eyes the Suns dropping several games because the wrong players have been taking the key shots at critical moments.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #21
patigree
Decent playground baller

patigree has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
He's taking 13 shots per game. His field goal percentage is still very high and his turnovers are still low. And adding what I've seen in games, I'd say the half court offense isn't directly causing his lowered production - he's simply not getting enough shots.

Last season he took 15 shots/game, averaging 17 shots per game after the Shaq trade (for 28.5 points). But now they're just not giving him the ball on offense. Watch a game. He'll be open in the high post and someone like Raja will ignore him and swing the ball around elsewhere. And then they'll call a play for Amare to clear the middle and watch Shaq.

13 shots per game. Wilson Chandler takes 14 shots per game. Mo Williams takes 13. You know who else takes 13 shots per game? Chauncey Billups. TJ Ford. Mike Bibby. Randy Foye. Even Roger Mason comes close at almost 12 per game. 13 shots is not nearly enough for what should be a number 1 option.

From the games I've watched this season, it's pretty clear: for a team that has already lost several games due to an inability to score when they really needed to, Phoenix does not get the ball to Amare enough.

We'll see how it goes though. If they manage to keep winning games and other people pick up the slack, then I have no complaints. But I've witnessed with my own eyes the Suns dropping several games because the wrong players have been taking the key shots at critical moments.

We can rule out Amare going to New York

Just kidding lol
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #22
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

"Overshadowed"

We have only 14 games in the season and now these players (another one is Arenas) seems like they are giving up on their team by making this kind of statement. I mean what will their current teammates and coach think about that? Will they bench him because he seems like he's not happy anymore and just wait until his contract ends. Why not just open it and discuss it to his teammates and coach about this matter instead of saying it to the press which only gave him a bad impression. What an ego
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #23
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

^^^
This.

I hope Amare leaves Phoenix in 2010, to a better team. He deserves better than Robert Sarver or Steve Kerr. People who clearly shouldn't be involved with the NBA in any way.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #24
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Ego maniacs.

Agreed. Currently, Amare is considered as the Suns best player by just about everyone. But he's still not happy because he wants complete sole billing with no one else even close.

What the hell has he done? And look at his game--he's an explosive face-to-the-basket scorer with below average defense and rebounding (for a big). He thinkshe can carry teams the way Duncan or KG has? please. Amare on his own team with teammates who are inferior to him (so he can get sole billing) would be a 35 win team.

He is an amazing individual player, but he's like an IVerson or an Arenas, he don't make no one better.

These players not happy with being a top 3 player on contenders are idiots. I'd take 2nd billing on a 60 win team than sole billing on a 30 win team.

Last edited by EricForman : 11-28-2008 at 02:15 PM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #25
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
"Overshadowed"

We have only 14 games in the season and now these players (another one is Arenas) seems like they are giving up on their team by making this kind of statement. I mean what will their current teammates and coach think about that? Will they bench him because he seems like he's not happy anymore and just wait until his contract ends. Why not just open it and discuss it to his teammates and coach about this matter instead of saying it to the press which only gave him a bad impression. What an ego

Way to take it out of proportion. Since when does overshadowed mean giving up? Amare never even said he's giving up. He's simply pointing out what he feels is wrong with his team, never did he say he's giving up. Porter isn't D'antoni, Amare will not be benched and if he was he would still be eager to play although very upset.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #26
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Agreed. Currently, Amare is considered as the Suns best player by just about everyone. But he's still not happy because he wants complete sole billing with no one else even close.

What the hell has he done? And look at his game--he's an explosive face-to-the-basket scorer with below average defense and rebounding (for a big). He thinkshe can carry teams the way Duncan or KG has? please. Amare on his own team with teammates who are inferior to him (so he can get sole billing) would be a 35 win team.

He is an amazing individual player, but he's like an IVerson or an Arenas, he don't make no one better.

These idiots not happy with being a top 3 player on contenders are idiots. I'd take 2nd or third billing on a 60 win team than sole billing on a 30 win team.
that's what most people don't understand. amare's game is perfect for a second fiddle, but franchise player? no way. he's an explosive scorer and that's about it. he's not dominating the low block, he's not dominating on the boards, he's not out there making plays for teammates, and he sure as hell isn't locking down the paint on defense. that's not the making of a franchise player.

Last edited by hito da god : 11-28-2008 at 02:19 PM.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #27
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
that's what most people don't understand. amare's game is perfect for a second fiddle, but franchise player? no way. he's an explosive scorer and that's about it. he's not dominating the low block, he's not dominating on the boards, he's not out there making plays for teammates, and he sure as hell isn't locking down the paint on defense. that's not the making of a franchise player.

I think most people understands that except Amare, and his two hardcore fans on ISH. HAHAHA

REally, having a post up game that attracts doubles is so important. It breaks down the other team's defense and also get easier shots for teammates. Duncan can drop 19 and 13 and it's probably a more valuable performance than one of Amare's 37 and 9 games. Because Duncan probably altered triple the amount of shots Amare did and probably set up about 10-20 more easy points for teammates than Amare did.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #28
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I have the same feelings as you. One might look at the Suns record and think they have played fine but we have been horrible and we are ignoring the best player on our team.

People want Amare to improve his defense and he has. People want him to cut down on fouls and bad mistakes and he has. But in return he gets less touches?

Amare has made plays for his teammates all year long. After Nash he has been the guy that has looked for his teammates the most. Plenty of wide open threes have been there because of Amare.

Most of the people in this thread are ignorant. They aren't watching what the Suns have been doing in every game. They aren't watching how hard Amare has worked on both ends. They arent watching Amare being reduced to a decoy in every game. The whole town knows Amare needs the ball more.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #29
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Not true. He wants the ball to make plays for the team. If he was really worried about his stats he would be forcing it on every play but even when hes got limited touches he has looked for others.

It's not about complete sole billing with no one else even close. It's about being put in the situation like every other star player is. It's about not being treated like a decoy in every game so others have chuck low % shots
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #30
StephenDedalus
Banned

StephenDedalus has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

These players not happy with being a top 3 player on contenders are idiots. I'd take 2nd billing on a 60 win team than sole billing on a 30 win team.

Since when has KG carried a team in a way Nowitzki hasn't?
StephenDedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: