Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here
Default Amare Stoudemire article (If anyone is going to the Knicks, he seems most likely)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...udemire-081128

It really sounds like he doesn't like his role right now, as he doesn't feel like the leader he wants to be. He also doesn't like the way the Suns are playing and seems to miss what they once were. And he's completely open about possibly leaving. Wouldn't the Knicks back with D'Antoni sound like the logical choice?

By the way, I think he sounds a little whiny when he talks about those other players and how they're the "featured guy". Alot of those players are "featured guys" cause they really don't have any other star players on their team. Plus, Amare just doesn't seem to be as vocal or as much of a leader as those guys are, on the other hand Shaq and Nash have and they have that experience.

Last edited by guy : 11-28-2008 at 01:22 PM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
patigree
Decent playground baller

patigree has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire article (If anyone is going to the Knicks, he seems most likely)

It would, but you see if the Knicks get LeBron, what's gonna happen then? He's still gonna complain because LeBron would be the top player and the leader?
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Amare Stoudemire article (If anyone is going to the Knicks, he seems most likely)

i think him, nash and wade can possibly end up in new york.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Amare/Rose sounds like a good PF/PG duo to me.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's true, the leader on that team is Shaq. Hence why Amare is putting up low numbers...20/8 as opposed to 25/10. Porter is sending the ball more to Shaq down low in the post rather than finding Amare and making him score, it seems as if Amare is the 2nd option when he should be #1. I'm not too sure Kerr would let Amare go that easily, for one, by 2010 Shaq's ridiculous contract will be over and so will Nash's. He's the Suns franchise player, but Porter isn't treating him like one.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by patigree
It would, but you see if the Knicks get LeBron, what's gonna happen then? He's still gonna complain because LeBron would be the top player and the leader?

I don't know if he would, cause in that case he would probably know that he shouldn't be the leader. It sounds like he feels like he's the best player on that team, so he should be the leader. Plus, playing with Lebron and under D'Antoni's system, his stats are going to look alot better then the 22/8 he's putting up right now, and they would probably be title favorites, so I think he would be happy in that scenario cause they would be winning more and his game probably won't be hindered like it is now. But who knows?

Last edited by guy : 11-28-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
i think him, nash and wade can possibly end up in new york.

Sorry, but I just don't see Wade in New York. Nash on the other hand is a big possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
Amare/Rose sounds like a good PF/PG duo to me.

It does right? But Rose is on Bulls....
Old 11-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I don't know if he would, cause in that case he would probably know that he shouldn't be the leader. It sounds like he feels like he's the best player on that team, so he should be the leader. Plus, playing with Lebron and under D'Antoni's system, his stats are going to look alot better then the 22/8 he's putting up right now, and they would probably be title favorites, so I think he would be happy in that scenario. But who knows?

Yea I mean, the fact that if LeBron and Amare played together and might win few championships would possibly minimize Amare's "*****ing".
Old 11-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #9
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...udemire-081128

It really sounds like he doesn't like his role right now, as he doesn't feel like the leader he wants to be. He also doesn't like the way the Suns are playing and seems to miss what they once were. And he's completely open about possibly leaving. Wouldn't the Knicks back with D'Antoni sound like the logical choice?

By the way, I think he sounds a little whiny when he talks about those other players and how they're the "featured guy". Alot of those players are "featured guys" cause they really don't have any other star players on their team. Plus, Amare just doesn't seem to be as vocal or as much of a leader as those guys are, on the other hand Shaq and Nash have and they have that experience.
I don't think you guys understand, Amare was the go-to guy under D'antoni. With Amare leading the pack, they won a lot of games, this season the Suns have become too dependent on Shaq. Just watch a Phx game for 5 minutes, Nash will dribble up the court, look for Shaq and find the open pass. Where's Amare in all this? Anyways, I'm loving this quote, it excites me.

Quote:
Asked whether he thinks about his own availability in 2010, Stoudemire didn't hesitate: "Absolutely! You have to look at those opportunities because this is a business and you want to explore every option. I guarantee you every owner will explore their options, especially when a player's contract is up. So it's the same for players. It's definitely the same for me.

"As a player, you should look at the teams you might want to play for. The city you may want to live in. The system you may want to play in. The economy. The cost of living. Everything. It's about what's best for you."
Old 11-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
It does right? But Rose is on Bulls....

Exactly. Amare going to Chicago would be a smarter decision for him. Unless the Knicks somehow luck into getting a good PG.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Yea I mean, the fact that if LeBron and Amare played together and might win few championships would possibly minimize Amare's "*****ing".
If I were in Amare's current situation I'd feel the same way. In 05 when Nash was clearly the better player and got an MVP, you think he complained? No, because they were winning, and he knew his role then, he knew he wasn't the best player, all the attention was given to Nash but he didn't mind because his team was actually a title contender. I think he has all reason to express his feelings, at least he's being professional about it and keeping his feelings off the court and still praising his teammates. If you think about it, the Suns are losing, to be honest no one can be sure if they will even get 50 wins this season.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #12
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
I don't think you guys understand, Amare was the go-to guy under D'antoni. With Amare leading the pack, they won a lot of games, this season the Suns have become too dependent on Shaq. Just watch a Phx game for 5 minutes, Nash will dribble up the court, look for Shaq and find the open pass. Where's Amare in all this? Anyways, I'm loving this quote, it excites me.

Well I would say Nash was the go-to guy. But I agree with you to an extent. Shaq shouldn't be their go-to guy. However, it might bring us to another point, and thats that maybe D'Antoni's style overstated how good Amare really is. Maybe they're going to Shaq more, because Amare isn't as effective in a half-court style, and most effective in a run-and-gun style of play, which we know does not win titles in this day.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #13
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
If I were in Amare's current situation I'd feel the same way. In 05 when Nash was clearly the better player and got an MVP, you think he complained? No, because they were winning, and he knew his role then, he knew he wasn't the best player, all the attention was given to Nash but he didn't mind because his team was actually a title contender. I think he has all reason to express his feelings, at least he's being professional about it and keeping his feelings off the court and still praising his teammates. If you think about it, the Suns are losing, to be honest no one can be sure if they will even get 50 wins this season.

Yea, I agree with you right there. The truth is, that the Suns era is gone, and all that's left is Shaq. Nash is a great PG but he just cannot ruin his game because of Shaq. Suns needed interior presence but it turns out, now that they do have it, it hurts them more. Amare should definitely leave in 2010, at least consider other teams because I don't see how Kerr can come up with something to make the Suns better than they were in 05-06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Exactly. Amare going to Chicago would be a smarter decision for him. Unless the Knicks somehow luck into getting a good PG.

But what you don't understand is that Bulls cannot really sign Amare, unless they make some deals. As we saw, they are not eager to let go of Deng, Gordon or Hinrich. It's a dumb situation.

Now here's the problem with Knicks, there won't be another good PG in a Knick uniform for a long time, seeing how things are going.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #14
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Yea, I agree with you right there. The truth is, that the Suns era is gone, and all that's left is Shaq. Nash is a great PG but he just cannot ruin his game because of Shaq. Suns needed interior presence but it turns out, now that they do have it, it hurts them more. Amare should definitely leave in 2010, at least consider other teams because I don't see how Kerr can come up with something to make the Suns better than they were in 05-06.

But what you don't understand is that Bulls cannot really sign Amare, unless they make some deals. As we saw, they are not eager to let go of Deng, Gordon or Hinrich. It's a dumb situation.

Now here's the problem with Knicks, there won't be another good PG in a Knick uniform for a long time, seeing how things are going.

I'd love to see him in Chicago. It could happen. Gordon will most likely be gone by then. They're trying to trade Hinrich, which might be hard. Amare/Rose/Deng. That's a good trio.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #15
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I'd love to see him in Chicago. It could happen. Gordon will most likely be gone by then. They're trying to trade Hinrich, which might be hard. Amare/Rose/Deng. That's a good trio.

I mean yea, it is a good trio, Rose with Stoudamire would be sick, no kidding. But by the way Bulls are handling things right now, it doesn't look like it will happen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: