Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #31
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is this the year...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
lebrons been better for a while it is just kobe fanboys that think he is the best in the world
lebron has been better this year, better in some areas last year, kobe was playing better the year before... the beauty is now kobe doesn't have to be "the guy" every night now, the lakers are playing at a level where kobe can just play the game take what comes along and the lakers are still in the game without him... there will be nights where he turns it on and plays big, there will be nights where he just cruises and score 15 points and sits out the 4th...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #32
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

LBJ is OUTPRODUCING Kobe this year, as are other players, but he is not the better player. Understand the difference.

Kobe is chillin' right now. Best team in the league, coasting. Don't think he CAN'T put up crazy numbers.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #33
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
LBJ is OUTPRODUCING Kobe this year, as are other players, but he is not the better player. Understand the difference.

Kobe is chillin' right now. Best team in the league, coasting. Don't think he CAN'T put up crazy numbers.
The only difference between LeBron putting up big numbers and Kobe putting up big numbers is that when LeBron does his team usually wins. And Kobe is not even on the same level as LeBron right now. You and that Mr. Bryant idiot seem to be the only people that don't agree.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #34
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bryant

Kobe could easily average average 30+ points 10+ assists 10+ rebounds in the systems lebronze plays in.

What a freaking JOKE.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #35
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00

Thing is, Kobe groupies use this as an excuse. Tell us: when will we know that Kob is not the best player in the league? Because it's apparent to many people (at least half) that Lebron is the best player in the league. I'd love to hear how you'd have us know when he's not the best.

Quote:

Kobe can certainly put up better numbers than he's putting up now, but he cannot put up Lebron type numbers. He's never produced on that level in his career, under any circumstance. There is no basis to assert that he could produce like Lebron, because Lebron is simply a much more productive player than Kobe, just like Shaq/Kareem/Jordan etc. were.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #36
Yezi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yezi has an OK reputation so far

bump
Yezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #37
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

dynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Is this the year that Lebron finally wrestles away the "Best Basketball Player on the Planet" title away from Kobe? Damn, dude is balling. And where does DWade fit in? He's probably having an even BETTER year.

Lebron, DWade and Kobe reminds me of the late eighties when Larry, Magic and Michael were out-doing each other every night. I may have to renew my subscription to NBA League Pass

You should've been around in 2001-2003 when ISH couldn't stop arguing over Kobe, Tmac, Vince and AI. Kobe has been the common link between that group of players and the current crop in the "best player" discussion so understand why his fans (myself included) get quite annoyed by some of the same Kobe vs. player x posts that infect this board courtesy of the usual moronic suspects (not you). That being said, Lebron could very well wrestle the title away during the regular season. Then again, if the Lakers win it all w/Kobe doing his thing...then Kobe will still have the "best player" title, which may hurt the feelings of Bron fanboys but that's just the way it is.
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #38
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978
You should've been around in 2001-2003 when ISH couldn't stop arguing over Kobe, Tmac, Vince and AI. Kobe has been the common link between that group of players and the current crop in the "best player" discussion so understand why his fans (myself included) get quite annoyed by some of the same Kobe vs. player x posts that infect this board courtesy of the usual moronic suspects (not you). That being said, Lebron could very well wrestle the title away during the regular season. Then again, if the Lakers win it all w/Kobe doing his thing...then Kobe will still have the "best player" title, which may hurt the feelings of Bron fanboys but that's just the way it is.
I don't think you are wrong about the comparissons. But if Kobe wins it all he will be seen as the best player on the best team not the best player in the world.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #39
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

dynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
I don't think you are wrong about the comparissons. But if Kobe wins it all he will be seen as the best player on the best team not the best player in the world.

I hear what you're saying, but say he duplicates last year's playoff numbers (yes he sucked vs. boston) to the tune of 30 ppg, 5 apg, 5 rpg and the Lakers win it all......would it not be argued that he is still the best? In any event, the fact that the Bron/Kobe debate (and wade will re-enter this argument) says alot about both players (Bron for becoming that good at 23 and Kobe for his longevity in such arguments).
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #40
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978
I hear what you're saying, but say he duplicates last year's playoff numbers (yes he sucked vs. boston) to the tune of 30 ppg, 5 apg, 5 rpg and the Lakers win it all......would it not be argued that he is still the best? In any event, the fact that the Bron/Kobe debate (and wade will re-enter this argument) says alot about both players (Bron for becoming that good at 23 and Kobe for his longevity in such arguments).
Yes I do think so. He is easily my second favourite player to watch. Wade is first. The only reason I am a Bron homer is because I am a Cavs fan. I watch a lot of games for all three teams and all for the Cavs. Kobe is still playing at a level above most of the league, but he is just playing underneath LeBron.

If Kobe puts up those types of numbers than people will call him greedy etc.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #41
Da_Realist
College superstar

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Thing is, Kobe groupies use this as an excuse. Tell us: when will we know that Kob is not the best player in the league? Because it's apparent to many people (at least half) that Lebron is the best player in the league. I'd love to hear how you'd have us know when he's not the best.

Kobe can certainly put up better numbers than he's putting up now, but he cannot put up Lebron type numbers. He's never produced on that level in his career, under any circumstance. There is no basis to assert that he could produce like Lebron, because Lebron is simply a much more productive player than Kobe, just like Shaq/Kareem/Jordan etc. were.

Loki, in your opinion, is Lebron already a better player than Kobe?
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #42
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
If Kobe puts up those types of numbers than people will call him greedy etc.

Why would anyone call Kobe "greedy" if he's putting up 30/5/5 efficiently and his team is still having success? That would be stupid.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #43
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Why would anyone call Kobe "greedy" if he's putting up 30/5/5 efficiently and his team is still having success? That would be stupid.
Because he doesn't put numbers up efficiently. He needs 20+ shots to get 30 points. trust me it will happen. Didn't that happen the year he put up 35 a game?
Old 11-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #44
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Loki, in your opinion, is Lebron already a better player than Kobe?

Tough to say. In some ways yes, in some ways no. That's why I said it's half/half. I value production, but I also realize that there are things that production doesn't measure (clutchness, "big game" play, individual defense, leadership etc.). I feel that Lebron's edge in tangible aspects of basketball are basically enough to offset whatever edges Kobe has in these other areas. I felt they were neck and neck last year especially; this year, Kobe hasn't really looked good to me. Not just the numbers, but the way he's played in certain games I've seen.

My problem is when people start using total subjectivism to declare Kobe as the best player. That's why above (or in another topic; I forget) I asked a Kobe fan to define for me how we'll be able to tell when Kobe is NOT the best player anymore. Some of these people would stil say Kobe > Bron if Bron was at 31/8/7/51% and Kobe was at 20/5/4/46%, and I find that nonsensical, because Kobe is not SO FAR AHEAD in the other areas to make up that gap, especially since Lebron has made huge gains in these other areas himself.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #45
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

loki still juggling kobe's nuts in his mouth? lol..i bet u get league pass every season just so u can share some moments with kobe everyother night.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: