Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #16
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is this the year...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
No, its not necessarily a bad thing. As long as he's not putting that as his first priority. For example, in 2004, it looked like his first priority was to win Finals MVP, not win a title no matter what.

Good points.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #17
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Tough to say, really. Kobe hasn't had much to do this season. From the few LAKER games I've seen he looks fine to me though. If LA wasn't so good then I believe he'd still be producing at the same level as last season. For now the guy barely plays 4th qtrs and his numbers have thus taken a hit. It would be unfair to say LeBron>>Kobe just because Kobe no longer plays 4th qtrs. Let's wait and see how he performs when LA hits a tough stretch and will have to play some close games. With that said, the gap(if there is one anymore) has also closed between him and LeBron. LeBron's a better player this season than last.

Last edited by Indian guy : 11-27-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #18
Da_Realist
College star

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Tough to say, really. Kobe hasn't had much to do this season. From the few LAKER games I've seen he looks fine to me though. If LA wasn't so good then I believe he'd still be producing at the same level as last season. For now the guy barely plays 4th qtrs and his numbers have thus taken a hit. It would be unfair to say LeBron>>Kobe just because Kobe no longer plays 4th qtrs. Let's wait and see how he performs when LA hits a tough stretch and will have to play some close games. With that said, the gap(if there is one anymore) has also closed between him and LeBron. LeBron's a better player this season than last.

His numbers were even better last year than so far this year. It'll be interesting to see if he can drag his team past the Celitcs. They were thisclose to knocking them off last year! We just may see Kobe vs Lebron in the Finals.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #19
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
He's older, that's why. Plus if its better for the team, and it results in a title, everyone will point right back to Kobe as the best.

Yeah but have you ever heard the saying old dogs can't learn new tricks? Kobe is not that old, and he is not that far removed from beign the best in the game (just his second season not there) and he will still think it's Kobe time if the rest of the team is struggling.

Also the "twin towers" will get bullied in the playoffs because they won't be playing teams like LAC. They will be playing Boston (KG Perkins), Cleveland (BW, AV, Big Z), Detroit (AMD, Sheed), San Antonio (TD). Those C's will abuse Gasol just like boston did a year ago. Bynum may be different but not to the extent that the Lakers fans think. Playoffs are an entirely new game and Gasol is not built for it. And Bynum is not finals ready (no experience).

In short Kobe may just very well blow up if he keeps hearing reports of LeBron, Wade, Bosh are better than him. Think about it in another light Kobe was playing with Shaq and had won 3 in a row. Kobe was a whinny little B and got Shaq traded. If they hadn't done that they probablly could have won two or three more.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #20
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
His numbers were even better last year than so far this year. It'll be interesting to see if he can drag his team past the Celitcs. They were thisclose to knocking them off last year! We just may see Kobe vs Lebron in the Finals.
Yeah I don't really have a doubt this year. That big trade at the deadline, injuries, holdouts, and they still ended up with 45 wins and a bucket away from bieng in the ECF. That team is miles behind the team that is now. This team has the best start in franchise history (12-3). They are not just beating teams but they are pounding them.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
Yeah but have you ever heard the saying old dogs can't learn new tricks? Kobe is not that old, and he is not that far removed from beign the best in the game (just his second season not there) and he will still think it's Kobe time if the rest of the team is struggling.

Also the "twin towers" will get bullied in the playoffs because they won't be playing teams like LAC. They will be playing Boston (KG Perkins), Cleveland (BW, AV, Big Z), Detroit (AMD, Sheed), San Antonio (TD). Those C's will abuse Gasol just like boston did a year ago. Bynum may be different but not to the extent that the Lakers fans think. Playoffs are an entirely new game and Gasol is not built for it. And Bynum is not finals ready (no experience).

In short Kobe may just very well blow up if he keeps hearing reports of LeBron, Wade, Bosh are better than him. Think about it in another light Kobe was playing with Shaq and had won 3 in a row. Kobe was a whinny little B and got Shaq traded. If they hadn't done that they probablly could have won two or three more.

Yea, but like I said, that wouldn't happen until the playoffs. He's old, he's been in the playoffs just about every year of his career, and usually far into them as well. So I don't think he really cares what the hell is going on during the regular season, as long as his team is doing well. And he's still going to get votes as "best player in the league" whether its deserved or not. The Lakers winning like they are is not going to go unnoticed, especially if they win a title. Kobe is clearly the best player on that team, so he will get his love from the media.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #22
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Yea, but like I said, that wouldn't happen until the playoffs. He's old, he's been in the playoffs just about every year of his career, and usually far into them as well. So I don't think he really cares what the hell is going on during the regular season, as long as his team is doing well. And he's still going to get votes as "best player in the league" whether its deserved or not. The Lakers winning like they are is not going to go unnoticed, especially if they win a title. Kobe is clearly the best player on that team, so he will get his love from the media.

Yeah he will get some undeserved love from the media. You put two all stars and a superstar on the same team and they are bound to do something. I am not hating but he is not the best in the league and hasn't been for a while. The Olympics proved that even though they are different rules.

Any way his team will almost for certain make the finals, but I wouldn't count TD and the Spurs out ever.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #23
TmacsRockets
Banned

TmacsRockets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Is this the year that Lebron finally wrestles away the "Best Basketball Player on the Planet" title away from Kobe? Damn, dude is balling. And where does DWade fit in? He's probably having an even BETTER year.

Lebron, DWade and Kobe reminds me of the late eighties when Larry, Magic and Michael were out-doing each other every night. I may have to renew my subscription to NBA League Pass

Lebron has been better than Kobe since 2005. He is more efficient than he is and done more with much less.
TmacsRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #24
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yeah he will get some undeserved love from the media. You put two all stars and a superstar on the same team and they are bound to do something. I am not hating but he is not the best in the league and hasn't been for a while. The Olympics proved that even though they are different rules.

Any way his team will almost for certain make the finals, but I wouldn't count TD and the Spurs out ever.

I would say both Kobe and Lebron were the best players last year. I really couldn't pick who was better. In 06 and 07 I think Kobe was the best. Right now though, Lebron is the best IMO, and Wade is possibly better as well.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #25
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I would say both Kobe and Lebron were the best players last year. I really couldn't pick who was better. In 06 and 07 I think Kobe was the best. Right now though, Lebron is the best IMO, and Wade is possibly better as well.
Kobe was definately better in 06-07 only stupid people argue that. Some people like to say he has been better since 05 but those people have not watched him and Kobe much.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #26
Mr. Bryant
I hit open layups

Mr. Bryant is starting to rub some people the wrong way

@ at these idiots.

Kobe could easily average average 30+ points 10+ assists 10+ rebounds in the systems lebronze plays in. I mean the guy has the ball in his hands at least 90% of the time on each offensive possession. I would actually be worried if wasn't putting up the stats he is now, as any above average player could with the ball in their hands that much.

Face it, lebronze is a star created by the league and by his fake stats. The guy has never accomplished anything close to significant in his NBA career other than winning the stat padding title.
Mr. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #27
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bryant
@ at these idiots.

Kobe could easily average average 30+ points 10+ assists 10+ rebounds in the systems lebronze plays in. I mean the guy has the ball in his hands at least 90% of the time on each offensive possession. I would actually be worried if wasn't putting up the stats he is now, as any above average player could with the ball in their hands that much.

Face it, lebronze is a star created by the league and by his fake stats. The guy has never accomplished anything close to significant in his NBA career other than winning the stat padding title.
Wow watch a freaking game homer. LeBron is playing off the ball way more this year. He is a better player than Kobe and everybody knows that except you apparently.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #28
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Wow watch a freaking game homer.
hahaha that's too funny coming from you
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #29
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lebrons been better for a while it is just kobe fanboys that think he is the best in the world
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #30
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
hahaha that's too funny coming from you
I am admitadely a homer. But I watch all the other NBA games to and I know that LeBron is the best in the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: