Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #31
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation
Default Re: How about Chris Kaman to Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

Not really. At best he's a decent role player. If he isn't a scrub, then I guess Ricky Davis can't be considered one either.

Andy a decent role player ? Ricky Davis ? WTH ????

Quote:
Kaman isn't good at defending the P&R? Have you seen him at it? I'm assuming not. Dude is pretty damn agile for a 7 footer and plays good defense, be it help/team or straight up. Andy isn't that well when it comes to straight up.

Kaman is a good P&R defender. Just not on Andy's level IMO. You do have a point when you say he's better when it comes to straight up D. Although Andy is good at denying his man deep position on the low block (one of the most underrated aspects of defense), when his man catches the ball he's thinking more about drawing a charge or going after the ball than just stopping his man. He's a better perimiter defender though. Kaman doesn't have that footspeed Andy has.

Quote:
A block also changes future shots and intimidates the offense just by a big being there.

And a charge changes future drives and intimidates the offense. You won't get on a highlight reel with a charge but you'll hear your coach screaming at you about that TO. And having an extra foul is never good.

Quote:
That has what to do with anything?

Nothing. You just said Z can score without mentioning his D. I just wanted to point that out.

Quote:

Finding an energy player isn't that difficult and if your passing on a deal for one of the top 5(7 at worst) Centers to hang on to an energy player, then that says all I need to know about your NBA knowledge. If the Lakers could have traded Ronny Turiaf for Chris Kaman, you don't think they would have? Or the Bulls trading Noah for Zane? Or the W's with current Turiaf? Or even the Heat with Haslem?

Yeah but none of those teams already have a good C like Z. So they wouldn't have to play Kaman at the 4 for a short period of time. Well the Warriors have Biedrins but they could him to the 4. Z can't. And I'm not sold on Kaman defensively at the 4. Andy is a better choice.

Quote:
This made me laugh, and laugh big time. Adding a much much much superior player, mainly on the offensive end, doesn't make them better? Please, that is pathetic. Kaman with LeBron and Mo Williams will give them a deadly trio. And on defense, they get a guy who can actually play man D without flopping like a *****.

For now our offense looks so good it's hard to imagine it being better. Even more if you're a Cavs fan like myself who forgot what having something that looks like an offense looked like.

And Andy is not a flopper. I'm sure if I could review all the charges he's drawn in his career, 75% of those are legit. For me there's a simple rule that works most of the time.

Charge on your own man = flop
Charge on someone else's man = legit charge

Most of Andy's charge are in that second category. A guy dribbles past his man, goes into the middle of the floor, finds Andy and runs him over. Charge. The only reason why Andy falls to the floor is cos otherwise the charge is not called. But it doesn't mean it's not legit. Next time you play basketball, try not falling on a play like this. You'll never get calls. Even though you should.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #32
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
Andy a decent role player ? Ricky Davis ? WTH ????

Kaman is a good P&R defender. Just not on Andy's level IMO. You do have a point when you say he's better when it comes to straight up D. Although Andy is good at denying his man deep position on the low block (one of the most underrated aspects of defense), when his man catches the ball he's thinking more about drawing a charge or going after the ball than just stopping his man. He's a better perimiter defender though. Kaman doesn't have that footspeed Andy has.

And a charge changes future drives and intimidates the offense. You won't get on a highlight reel with a charge but you'll hear your coach screaming at you about that TO. And having an extra foul is never good.

Nothing. You just said Z can score without mentioning his D. I just wanted to point that out.

Yeah but none of those teams already have a good C like Z. So they wouldn't have to play Kaman at the 4 for a short period of time. Well the Warriors have Biedrins but they could him to the 4. Z can't. And I'm not sold on Kaman defensively at the 4. Andy is a better choice.

For now our offense looks so good it's hard to imagine it being better. Even more if you're a Cavs fan like myself who forgot what having something that looks like an offense looked like.

And Andy is not a flopper. I'm sure if I could review all the charges he's drawn in his career, 75% of those are legit. For me there's a simple rule that works most of the time.

Charge on your own man = flop
Charge on someone else's man = legit charge

Most of Andy's charge are in that second category. A guy dribbles past his man, goes into the middle of the floor, finds Andy and runs him over. Charge. The only reason why Andy falls to the floor is cos otherwise the charge is not called. But it doesn't mean it's not legit. Next time you play basketball, try not falling on a play like this. You'll never get calls. Even though you should.

Think of it this way. LeBron is beign shut out (ok nobody can shut him out) maybe he is getting 10 points. So who makes up the rest of the scoring? Mo? West? Z? They might all be able to combine for 50 points but they would need to add another 20 or so points to make up for LeBron.

If we have Kaman he is easily able to score 25 points if necessary. And when he is scoring that opens things up more for LeBron to score easier points.

Adding Kaman would make us better on both ends simple as that. He is a top 5 C in the league, AV is maybe a top 50 big in the league. Big big difference.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #33
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
Think of it this way. LeBron is beign shut out (ok nobody can shut him out) maybe he is getting 10 points. So who makes up the rest of the scoring? Mo? West? Z? They might all be able to combine for 50 points but they would need to add another 20 or so points to make up for LeBron.

If we have Kaman he is easily able to score 25 points if necessary. And when he is scoring that opens things up more for LeBron to score easier points.

Adding Kaman would make us better on both ends simple as that. He is a top 5 C in the league, AV is maybe a top 50 big in the league. Big big difference.

I have faith in this team. If by some miracle LeBron has a crappy game, the defense will step up and keep the game close. And if LeBron has that kind of game, this surely means the other team is doing everything they can to stop LeBron. That means Mo can take over. That means Delonte has some room to either drive or shoot. And there's Boobie who no one with a bball IQ of above 50 will leave alone all night. How long will it take for the other team to play honest ? This is not 2006 anymore, it's risky to play junk defense against the Cavs now.

And it's just as risky to trade for someone like Kaman which would take some getting used to. We need all the wins we can get now. Homecourt is really something we need.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #34
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
I have faith in this team. If by some miracle LeBron has a crappy game, the defense will step up and keep the game close. And if LeBron has that kind of game, this surely means the other team is doing everything they can to stop LeBron. That means Mo can take over. That means Delonte has some room to either drive or shoot. And there's Boobie who no one with a bball IQ of above 50 will leave alone all night. How long will it take for the other team to play honest ? This is not 2006 anymore, it's risky to play junk defense against the Cavs now.

And it's just as risky to trade for someone like Kaman which would take some getting used to. We need all the wins we can get now. Homecourt is really something we need.

When you think of it AV is a white PF/C and Kaman is a white C. It shouldn't take that much getting used to lol.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: