Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
bail
Serious playground baller

bail has an OK reputation so far
Default How about Chris Kaman to Cavs?

Z is getting old they should try to make a run for Chris Kaman.

Varejao/Pavs for Kaman works.

after that they should try to sign mcdyess.

Z/Kaman/Wright
Ben/Mcdyess/Hickson
Lebron/Kinsey
Delonte/Wally
Mo/Gibson
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default Re: How about Chris Kaman to Cavs?

Not awful, but Varejao isn't signed long term, which could hurt in terms of the Clips trying to resign him.

I'd much rather see them move him for a good 2. Camby and Randolph is a good front line, assuming that Zach stays in line, Thornton looks like he's going to be really good either at the 3 or 4, and they have Baron. I'd like to see Gordon get more playing time, but getting a good 2 who can grab some minutes at the 3 and mentor Gordon would hugely benefit them, imo.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Personally, I wouldn't shake up Cleveland's rosters at this moment at the level they're playing, if it ain't broken, no point fixing it
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

I also wouldn't make any trade taking on another large long term contract.

They already have Mo Williams to worry about, why add in Kaman? With both of their salaries on the books... if Cleveland offers the max to LeBron to try and keep him (which they will have to), they will be way over the luxury limit. I'm talking worse than the Knicks in '06 luxury tax.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I also wouldn't make any trade taking on another large long term contract.

They already have Mo Williams to worry about, why add in Kaman? With both of their salaries on the books... if Cleveland offers the max to LeBron to try and keep him (which they will have to), they will be way over the luxury limit. I'm talking worse than the Knicks in '06 luxury tax.

What are you taking about? Their payroll wouldn't even be as high as this year's Celts who are paying KG 24 mil, while giving Ray Allen over $17 mil and Pierce $18 mil.

Its Gibert's money, he seems willing to spend it so I don't see the problem. If the Cavs want to keep LeBron they need to make another move. A guy like Kaman could help.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Z is getting up there in age, but his skillset will age nicely. He's putting together a nice year. He's never been a guy to depend on his athleticism anyway. The things that he excels at will age well. His jump shot won't be quick to die, and the Cavs are keeping his minutes relatively low, so he can stay fresh. He can continue to play at this level for the next 2-3 years, I feel.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
What are you taking about? Their payroll wouldn't even be as high as this year's Celts who are paying KG 24 mil, while giving Ray Allen over $17 mil and Pierce $18 mil.

Its Gibert's money, he seems willing to spend it so I don't see the problem. If the Cavs want to keep LeBron they need to make another move. A guy like Kaman could help.

Well right now they are higher over the cap than the Celtics @ $25M vs $22M. But besides that fact... let me break it down.

This is the way I'm considering it. They will have under guaranteed contract only 5 players @ $30M if they trade for Kaman, all before resigning LeBron. So if they resign LeBron for $25M they are already over the cap and they'd have only 6 players and haven't even filled out the rest of the roster.

All other players added to fill up the roster is over the cap money. To continue being a championship contender (obviously a key for LeBron re-signing) they will end up spending a good amount on bench players.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow that is atrocious. Throw in 4 first rounds picks to get consideration. Vareajo is just garbage and Pavlovic will be stuck behind Thornton. Anything with Cleveland HAS to involve Boobie/Delonte at the very least, and even with that, I don't see any deal with them
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Wow that is atrocious. Throw in 4 first rounds picks to get consideration. Vareajo is just garbage and Pavlovic will be stuck behind Thornton. Anything with Cleveland HAS to involve Boobie/Delonte at the very least, and even with that, I don't see any deal with them
Exactly... LMAO Cavs have like no trade value besides James and Williams and maybe Z and Wally..
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The Clippers reportedly plan on keeping Chris Kaman, Marcus Camby and Zach Randolph, and will try to figure out a way for all of them to get enough playing time to keep them happy.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would do it but im not sure if they would. And im quite sure Kaman would start over Z. I like Z and all, but Kaman's just better and it'll be a better way to keep his legs/back fresh throughout the season.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #12
CySniper
Banned

CySniper has decent reputation

Cavs are doing fine atm, just keep it that way until they start doing bad then doo the trades for kaman and stuff. Lets go Cavs!
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

For the Cavs it's all about winning a title this year or next year. Why would they trade for their future when right now everything's fine ?

I like Chris Kaman, but I'm not trading Varejao for him. I know it sounds stupid but he's just too valuable for the Cavs. Kaman isn't half the defender Varejao is.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #14
CySniper
Banned

CySniper has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
For the Cavs it's all about winning a title this year or next year. Why would they trade for their future when right now everything's fine ?

I like Chris Kaman, but I'm not trading Varejao for him. I know it sounds stupid but he's just too valuable for the Cavs. Kaman isn't half the defender Varejao is.

But the cavs need another scorer besides lebron... They will never win lebron scoring all the points. And Kaman is a good center, you need a good center to win a ring
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #15
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel

Kaman is superior to Andy in every aspect, even defense :

Cavs would do this deal without blinking, problem is, Clippers will laugh their assess of. Two less then average role players for a top Center who is relatively young at 26 and on a pretty cheap deal that is struggling, yet averaging 15/10 with 1.9 blocks and shooting 58% from the field. :
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: