Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #16
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Nov. 22 GT: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers

Watched the game from start to finish. Wade was great as usual and the team put a huge defensive effort at the 2nd half.

As for Spo liking to play Daequan Cook over Beasley with the game on the line, I like Cook, I'm happy with his progress especially at the defensive end, and Cook can give you a lot of points in a short stint once he gets hot, but it's too risky to play an inexperienced one dimensional shooter who only lives and dies by long range jumpers in crunch time, he's shot 4 of 17 from beyond the arc in the last 3 games and the result was painful. The team is better with Beasley on the floor than Cook and I'm glad the rook Spo decided to stick with Beasley this time.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #17
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Watched the game from start to finish. Wade was great as usual and the team put a huge defensive effort at the 2nd half.

As for Spo liking to play Daequan Cook over Beasley with the game on the line, I like Cook, I'm happy with his progress especially at the defensive end, and Cook can give you a lot of points in a short stint once he gets hot, but it's too risky to play an inexperienced one dimensional shooter who only lives and dies by long range jumpers in crunch time, he's shot 4 of 17 from beyond the arc in the last 3 games and the result was painful. The team is better with Beasley on the floor than Cook and I'm glad the rook Spo decided to stick with Beasley this time.

I guess Spoelstra must have somehow heard what I said when I yelled at the TV. He finally decided to let Beasley play through his foul trouble.

I like Cook too, but he's a spot shooter that sometimes tries to do to much off the dribble or picks up his dribble and can't find a teammate and might take bad shots. It seems coach Spo looks over his offensive faults in lew of some mystical 'defensive intensity' that I'm yet to really see more than occasional streaks.

I truly think the reason we lost both games against TO was Spoelstra pulling Beasley and putting Cook on Bargnani. That was just an annoying move.

Anyhow, it was good to see the Heat rally late and win the game. Go Heat!
Next game is on Monday against the Rockets.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #18
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I truly think the reason we lost both games against TO was Spoelstra pulling Beasley and putting Cook on Bargnani. That was just an annoying move.

Anyhow, it was good to see the Heat rally late and win the game. Go Heat!
Next game is on Monday against the Rockets.
Ira wrote in his blog that Magloire could return on Monday. It's always good to have an extra big body who could hard foul Yao Ming 6 times a game.

And I'd say the highlight of the game was that Joel Anthony's dunk after the offensive rebound in traffic. Brought the crowd and the bench to their feet.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #19
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Great game tonight. Also loved being apart of that MVP chant at AAA at the end of the game.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #20
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah, it really was a great game. The thing that gave me the most hope for the future was the fact that Wade continued to show his faith in the other players. It's obvious he's playing with some major scrubs, but he knows it's a team game. (You watching Kobe?)

Chris Quinn's outside shooting
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: