Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #16
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Marbury turns down offer to play Friday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
this is going to piss off the coach and walsh...I say put his ass on the bench for whole season...without playing or cutting him so he can go play somewhere....
gee... ya think?

wtf is wrong with you? have you been living under a rock the past few months?
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:13 AM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lets put it like this: You ask out an average looking girl 10-15 times. That girl turns you down and shuns you. Then, her boyfriend moves out of town and she says to you "hey, i'm free for now, you can be my fill in until I get someone better" what are you gonna say?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:28 AM   #18
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Lets put it like this: You ask out an average looking girl 10-15 times. That girl turns you down and shuns you. Then, her boyfriend moves out of town and she says to you "hey, i'm free for now, you can be my fill in until I get someone better" ___>>>what are you gonna say?

F*ck you... unless there is sex (championship) involved, in which case "my place or yours?" seems appropriet.

Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
F*ck you... unless there is sex (championship) involved, in which case "my place or yours?" seems appropriet.

bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:15 AM   #20
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

I'm actually on Marbury's side here, which is pretty surpising to me since I'm no Marbury fan. He hasn't done anything wrong, was supposedly in great shape for training camp, even started a few pre-season games if I recall correctly and D'antoni is just sitting his ass on the bench for no reason. He should just collect his 20 mil, wait for the Knicks to waive him, and then sign with a playoff team.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 AM   #21
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreis62
I'm actually on Marbury's side here, which is pretty surpising to me since I'm no Marbury fan. He hasn't done anything wrong, was supposedly in great shape for training camp, even started a few pre-season games if I recall correctly and D'antoni is just sitting his ass on the bench for no reason. He should just collect his 20 mil, wait for the Knicks to waive him, and then sign with a playoff team.

This dude talks sense.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #22
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I say put his ass on the bench for whole season...without playing or cutting him so he can go play somewhere....

That's what they were going to do anyway which is why Steph declined the offer to play tonight. Danantoni only asked Steph to play because he knew they were shorthanded after the trade. I bet he would've sent Steph back to the bench next game as soon as he got his new players from the trade.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #23
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
He hasn't done anything wrong, was supposedly in great shape for training camp, even started a few pre-season games if I recall correctly and D'antoni is just sitting his ass on the bench for no reason. He should just collect his 20 mil, wait for the Knicks to waive him, and then sign with a playoff team.

yep
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #24
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:

and preferably with an atlantic division team so he can stick it to the knicks every chance he can get.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:43 AM   #25
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

co-sign. D'Antoni is a *****!!
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:03 AM   #26
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
i cant believe they even asked him.
+1
Not only they don't play him, but only try to when there's no other choice?
Marbury (or anybody) deserves better.

That said, he should have played, they're still paying him for doing that, you know. And it would have been a good opportunity (his last?) to show other teams what he's capable of.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 AM   #27
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Although he has been a model citizen this year his history kind of put him in a bad position...
I think he should have played this year... I am glad he sat out this game though. I wouldnt have played either.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For some reason, seeing 'Starbury' sitting on the bench, with his own trademark branded on his head, is just hilarious to me.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #29
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I understand why Marbury didn't play.

It would have been great if he played and just lit it up though.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #30
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still would have liked to see him on the court.

He could have played and showed what he is capable of.

He could also have played and score a couple of buckets for the other team or something.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: