Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Marbury turns down offer to play Friday night

Knicks are short handed Friday night because of the impending trades. Marbury suited up, but didn't play in the game. Reporter asked coach why Marbury didn't get any minutes.

Right out of the mouth of D'Antoni, I'm paraphrasing:

D'Antoni said to Stephon, "Since we only have 8 players tonight, you can play 35 minutes (Friday night) if you want it".

Steph "Thanks, but no thanks"

Just heard the interview, that was a shocker.

Video: http://tube.thayard.net/media/1007/S...Y_FOR_DANTONI/

Marbury turned down the time....you'll see it in the papers tomorrow.

Last edited by bagelred : 11-22-2008 at 12:46 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marbury turns down offer to play Friday night

I would have turned it down too. Kind of a "Oh now you want me?" situation. As soon as the new guys come he'd go right back to not playing. No thanks.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

That's good for Marbury ....... why the hell would he play? They treat him like crap make him come to training camp ( knowing that they weren't going to play him ) and even start him couple of games ..... and coach tells him he's not playing at all in the season ..... if i was Marbury i would give Coach the finger when he would say you can play ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
Maniak
I Love LeBron

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good move by Steph.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i cant believe they even asked him.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reporter asked "Do you feel that is insubordination?"

D'antoni: "No not at all. Marbury felt team is going in different direction....yada yada....."
Old 11-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #7
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

That's like a slap in the face, I can't believe coach d asked him that, I'm truly disgusted...
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wish I could make the smilie HUGE, but alas, I can't.

Words can't describe how happy I am with Steph right now.

Mike D is a *****.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
bagelred
Weird

I was here first.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez

Mike D is Mr. Pringle.

Fixed.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #11
repgreek
Can barely lace up my sneakers

repgreek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez

I wish I could make the smilie HUGE, but alas, I can't.

Words can't describe how happy I am with Steph right now.

Mike D is a *****.

I am so happy for him. Who else could turn their back on their team and still be loved by his own fans?
repgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #12
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good move, I would have probably layed him out.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #13
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Good move by Steph.

Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #14
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
Good move, I would have probably layed him out.

My thoughts exactly. At the least, a "Fuck you."
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #15
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

this is going to piss off the coach and walsh...I say put his ass on the bench for whole season...without playing or cutting him so he can go play somewhere....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: