Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #16
snipes12
Dirk Madness
 
snipes12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wurzburg , Germany
Posts: 1,972
snipes12 has not been impressing people
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

die all barkley ******gers
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #17
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,068
ronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charles
Duncan is a far better interior defender, shot blocker, defender and scorer. he is also far mentally tougher unlike barkley. duncan is a player that you can count on. unlike charles and his antics.

Explain to me how come Duncan is a Better Scorer than Barkley?. This probably the stupidist thing ever heard against Barkley. Ever!

Barkley has Shot a Superior Total FG% than Duncan pretty Much All His Career and Taking Less FGA PG

Duncan Scoring wise is a Limited Scorer:

- Few and Llimtied Post Moves compared to Charles
- Doesn`t have the Speed to Drive 1 on 1 or the Ballhandling Skills compared to Charles (if he was playing in the 80s and 90s he would get called for travel big time but in todays pathetic league everything gets passed)
- Ok Shooter from Mid Range Not A Great One like Barkley whom was ala Ala Adrian Dantley
- Can`t Shoot from Far Range..Barkley Can
- Can`t Go Coast to Coast...Barkkey Can.
- Has Ok Skills to Design his Scoring in the Post Only...Barkley could Score from Anywhere on the Freaking Court: Doubled, Tripled and Hacked!.

Barkley`s 12 years in the league as a starter are over 24 PPG and over 62% 2-Poing FG% around 57% Total FG% amd Yes taking 2-4 Less FGA PG than Duncan has.

Duncan...Better Scorer than Barkley? = Idiocity Said

Duncan is only a Better Shot Blocker in the paint because is 6`11 1/2 and very slow and limited almost clumsy to Guard players that are Quick SFs Real threats 1 on 1 Off the Dribble Off the Paint. (McHale could) Neither could Duncan ran back court and Block a Fast Guard on a Break for a clear basket. Barkley could!

-Barkley`s Floor Defense is way Superior to Duncan by A Thousand Miles reason why he has the Highest SPV Avg for the PF Spot ever while Duncan is no where near Barkley`s level in that aspect not even close to Garnett or Malone`s Level in that aspect either why? Because he Plays Center in a Twin Tower System with Robinson and now for the Last Years has played Center all the way! but All The way


Proof:

http://www.82games.com/0708/07SAS20C.HTM



--------------------------------------------------------------------------


If you're building a franchise, you would pick a natural born leader with fantastic work ethic like duncan then a clown like barkley who had the worst work ethic you can imagine. you want to set a good example for the younger players. the leader of the club house allways sets the tone.

Better Leader? HaHaHa. Yeah i ma Great Leader with Ginobili Designing Everything for me, Parker and David Robinson for Rebounding and Defensive Help.

Duncan is Soft Compared to Charles and a Puss*****y for Any Sir Charles Fan or basically Any 80s-90s NBA Ball Fan

How many Last Second Shots does Duncan have compared to Barkley?

Barkley can design his Own Last Second Scoring...not to mention he was a Player that when pissed off Could Get 30 Rebounds and 30 Points at very high FG% if he wanted too anyday of the weak when healthy




------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he was playing for us(rockets) olajuwon and clyde despised him because of his inability to come into a season inshape or motivated. the man was a locker room cancer.a bonafide cancer. the anti tim duncan if you will.

They did not despise him man both Drexler and Hakeem had gotten their chips and where now 34 and 35. It was Barkley that couldn`t play after 1996. I saw that with my eyes how after the 95 season he was not the same anymore. His back injuries like Bird had gotten to him and his knees where not the same. He still managed to be the best player in 96-97 with Superior PER than both Drexler and Hakeem and even though he was crippled. If it wasn`t for his surgery (before that surgery he was averaging like 19 PPG, 16-17 RPG and 4-5 APG) who knows what could have happened so don`t go giving fu ****ck or hating on Charles. By far the most underrated Great Ever!.

He is he ate alot, Yes he did not do Weights...but he was the Best Player...and even Crippled


We gave up horry and cassell and were coming of a 2 peat to get this guy. but his lack of motivation was such an issue that pretty much left an split in the team

Yeah ***** u Rocket fan dude most of the Rockets Fans where scared Sh-itless when Charles almost took his Undefensive Pathetic Team over the Champs Hakeem and Drexler. I`ve read interviews on that.

Barkley is better than Duncan in EVERY! aspect except 1 = Shot Blocking...Proove Me Wrong on that Say, Lets See!!!!..
INTERIOR SCORER. INTERIOR SCORER.WHEN I STARTED OFF BY SAYING HE IS A BETTER INTERIOR DEFENDER, REBOUNDER AND SCORER, IT MEANS I MEANT I WAS TALKING ABOUT INTERIOR WORK. open you're fuking eyes.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #19
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,068
ronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat coolronnymac is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
How the hell can this game be used in the Barkley Vs Duncan comparison? Noone in their right mind would claim that 96 Duncan > 96 Barkley.
I'm talking about prime duncan. for sir charles to to say ginoboli carried duncan to those rings is absurd. if anything it was the other way around.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #20
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman
 
gotbacon23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,936
gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charles
[b]2-Point FG% is the Greatest Measure of a PF and Cs Scoring Capacities because their job is to score Near the Paint or In The Paint where they are hardly guarded and more contact is allowed (well atleast in Chuck`s era contact was the norm). PGs, SGs and somewhat SFs are foriven for not shooting 50% because they move, play and shoot usually farthter from the Basket (anything between 45%-50% is Great) but PFs and Cs have no excuse


you always completely ignore the fact that shot selection is part of evaluating players. your two-point field goal arguement hides the fact that barkley's shot selection was worse then a lot of players (Such as duncan)- so its true that his 2 point fg% was the greatest but if "2-Point FG% is the Greatest Measure of a PF and Cs Scoring Capacities because their job is to score Near the Paint" then barkley didn't always do his job of trying to score near the paint as he was launching a bunch of dumb 3s.... duncan most always "does his job" of scoring in the paint or near the hoop, whereas barkley didn't a lot of the time.

Last edited by gotbacon23 : 11-21-2008 at 10:20 AM.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #21
guy
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,296
guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Barkley was a pretty bad defender, but you really can't blame him. For his position, at his size its almost impossible to be a good defender. I've always thought him and AI were similar in this aspect. They were great players that were very undersized for their position.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #22
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team
 
SayTownRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,121
SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charles
- Can`t Go Coast to Coast...Barkkey Can.[/b]

actually that's not true. duncan's ran some sick breaks. he's done it multiple times this season.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #23
TmacsRockets
Banned
 
TmacsRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,243
TmacsRockets has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Barkley is the 3rd greatest PF after Duncan/Malone
TmacsRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #24
BIZARRO
Local High School Star
 
BIZARRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,316
BIZARRO has decent reputationBIZARRO has decent reputation
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charles
Help me Davy! Help Me!

Davy??!!
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:31 AM   #25
Sir Charles
Decent college freshman
 
Sir Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,527
Sir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnymac
INTERIOR SCORER. INTERIOR SCORER.WHEN I STARTED OFF BY SAYING HE IS A BETTER INTERIOR DEFENDER, REBOUNDER AND SCORER, IT MEANS I MEANT I WAS TALKING ABOUT INTERIOR WORK. open you're fuking eyes.

Interior Scorer?

How is he a Better Interior Scorer if Barkley had 100% more Legg, Shoulder and Back Strenght (include Butt) than Duncan he would Pound his Way Inside on even Centers. Barkley had way MORE POST MOVES, BETTER HANDS and THEE GREATEST PF SPIN MOVES EVER!...Things Duncan could dream Off

Interior Rebounder?

It is not like Barkley was Magic or Jason Kidd... getting most of his rebounds away from the Paint Barkley got most of his Rebounds in the Paint boxing out Centers and PFs all of them whom could hardly move him from the ground or get better than position than him. Barkley averaged 12.9 RPG in the Play-Offs and in his 10..1st years like 14 in the Play-Offs.

Interior Defender?

Yes to Block Shots because he is also a 6`11 1/2 Center but remember he can`t Guard Faster Quicker Players that could play SF...He is Clumsy and Slow Compared to Barkley in that aspect...Reason why his SPG Avg is no where near Malone`s, Barkleys and Garnett`s whom are QUICK FOOTED-FASTER and WAY MORE ATHLETIC PLAYERS.

Duncan plays like a Center...proof has been stated up there....

Get Real!

Last edited by Sir Charles : 12-05-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Sir Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:34 AM   #26
Sir Charles
Decent college freshman
 
Sir Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,527
Sir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
you always completely ignore the fact that shot selection is part of evaluating players. your two-point field goal arguement hides the fact that barkley's shot selection was worse then a lot of players (Such as duncan)- so its true that his 2 point fg% was the greatest but if "2-Point FG% is the Greatest Measure of a PF and Cs Scoring Capacities because their job is to score Near the Paint" then barkley didn't always do his job of trying to score near the paint as he was launching a bunch of dumb 3s.... duncan most always "does his job" of scoring in the paint or near the hoop, whereas barkley didn't a lot of the time.

Barkley was more Effective Scoring Near the Paint than Duncan reason why he shot at a WAY SUPERIOR 2-POINT FG% on LESSER FGA PG.

In fact BARKLEY is one of the Top 5 GREATEST INSIDE SCORERS as FOCAL SCORERS.. EVER (SHAQ, BARKLEY, McHALE, WILT and DANTLEY) and If you talk about VERSATILITY + EFFICIENCY in SCORING INSIDE THE 3-POINT LINE: THEE GREATEST EVER!!!

Comapre his...

Barkley`s 2-Point FG%/Field Goal Attempts Per Game/Points Per Game in 15 Years

Career Season for 15 Years

58.13% ...2-POINT FG%
12.9 2-POINT FGA PG
21.6 PPG


Career Play-Offs for 15 Years

55.13% ...2-POINT FG%
14.5 2-POINT FGA PG
22.5 PPG

To Duncan`s....

Last edited by Sir Charles : 12-05-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Sir Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:41 AM   #27
Sir Charles
Decent college freshman
 
Sir Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,527
Sir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 1996 Dream Team II vs Usa Select Team (Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Barkley was a pretty bad defender, but you really can't blame him. For his position, at his size its almost impossible to be a good defender. I've always thought him and AI were similar in this aspect. They were great players that were very undersized for their position.

The HUGE Difference with SIR Charles and AL is that SIR Barkley with that Size,,, did not just participate or was an All-Star like many... ...HE DOMINATED!!!...

TOP 10 ALL TIME EFF PLAYER
TOP 9 ALL TIME SEASON PER PLAYER
TOP 7 ALL TIME PLAY-OFF PER PLAYER


Where is Al..in that respect?

Don`t Disrespect Barkley please...

Last edited by Sir Charles : 12-05-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Sir Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy