Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
MMM
877-954-1893

Default Re: Jermaine O'neal

JO and Bosh are playing well but with all that being said they are still middle of the pack in the east probably another 1st round exit unless they makes changes at the wings or to the bench.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #17
gyu
Good college starter

JO leads the league in double doubles? or that 5 consec. is leading the league in most consec?
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #18
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
JO leads the league in double doubles? or that 5 consec. is leading the league in most consec?

leads the NBA with consecutive amount of Double-Doubles not in total.

So far he got 5 in a row.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Most of the people in this thread are complete morons. JO's "health" isn't going to be decided in 5 games. He needs to play close to 80 games before he'll shed that fragile tag he has.

Same with Dwayne Wade. Playing for 5 games doesn't mean you're healthy. In fact, doesn't Wade have an ankle problem now?

Wait 'til the end of the season before you open your mouth about how healthy he is.

Also, much of his problems in Indy had a lot to do with his attitude I think. Lets see how long he plays in Toronto before he starts his pouting routine if they don't win.

It could be years before the immediate impact of his arrival is felt, whether positive or negative. Hell, Bosh could leave in 2 years. Toronto hasn't exactly done a good job of keeping their superstars.

And TJ Ford seems to be doing well in Indy.

Anyways, I haven't seen him play yet this season, but just from watching the box scores, I don't think I've yet see Bosh and O'Neal both show up offensively in the same game. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. Probably not real good, because their back court doesn't seem to have the weapons to score a lot, so they will need both of these guys in the post.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #20
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
leads the NBA with consecutive amount of Double-Doubles not in total.

So far he got 5 in a row.

Didn't Biedrins have like 10 in a row? Or do you mean he has the longest current streak?
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #21
Beebo
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu

I think Biedrins had the most consecutive double doubles this season.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #22
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreis62
Didn't Biedrins have like 10 in a row? Or do you mean he has the longest current streak?
Current streak.

Quote:
in those games, bosh has been a monster and JO has been putting up some sick stats yet the Raptors have a very bad record. What does that tell you about this team and the leadership of Bosh and JO?

Its says absolutely nothing about their leadership. It says that the Raptors supporting cast is awful and these two (more specifically Bosh) has to beast every single night just for the Raptors to have a chance at winning. Outside of Bosh, O'Neal and Calderon, no Raptor player is starting caliber and this hurts them. You need talent to win in this league and outside of these three players, the Raptors are severely lacking in the talent department.

Its not Bosh and O'Neal's fault that Calderon was hurt for 2 games, Parker was shooting something like 39%, Moon has been abysmal this season, Bargnani has been wildly inconsistent and Kapono has suddenly thought he can create his own shot. Outside of Calderon, Bosh and O'Neal this just is not a very good team.

Last edited by The Italian : 11-21-2008 at 05:20 PM.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #23
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
He's injury-PRONE. So even if he's healthy now you have to worry about him reinjuring himself.

Quote:
And you're stupid-prone. So whatever you say should just be ignored.

I dont usually laugh at injuries but...
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #24
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I can't believe this thread was made just yesterday. Danumber88, I hope you realize that you jinxed JO and you should take full responsibility for his injury.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #25
sommervilleCdn
High School JV MVP

pretty much. took the words right from me

.thank you real gm
sommervilleCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:56 AM   #26
gigantes
A piece of fluff

as a nets fan, sorry for the sean williams play. i don't think he meant to injure if that's any excuse.

but beyond that, i've been saying for many months that i didn't think the JON trade was going to work. the dude has too much wear-and-tear on his body from too many years playing out of position. plus, he's a bit injury-prone anyway and is around that age when players start to decline. IMO he was going to get injured down the road no matter who he played.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #27
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

danumber88 = konex
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #28
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
as a nets fan, sorry for the sean williams play. i don't think he meant to injure if that's any excuse.

but beyond that, i've been saying for many months that i didn't think the JON trade was going to work. the dude has too much wear-and-tear on his body from too many years playing out of position. plus, he's a bit injury-prone anyway and is around that age when players start to decline. IMO he was going to get injured down the road no matter who he played.

This injury has nothing to do with wear and tear or previous injuries... he just fell awkwardly on a flagrant. Same injury would have happened to anyone, regardless of injury history.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #29
gin17
High School Varsity 12th Man

aw he got injured again. >.<

i hope it isn't too serious...
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #30
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

Toronto luckily has just 2 years of his contract to worry about.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: