Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trade idea: Boozer for Kaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
I wouldn't make the trade if I was Utah. If Boozer is going to walk, than just wait a year and try to sign Bosh. Williams and Bosh, not bad.

I don't think they'll be the requisite $16 or so million under the cap in 2010
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #17
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

you think bosh will come to utah? haha
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I wouldn't make the trade if I was Utah. If Boozer is going to walk, than just wait a year and try to sign Bosh. Williams and Bosh, not bad.
So rather than getting Kaman for sure, they should instead hold out for a slim chance of getting Bosh?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #19
F.Sanford
I brick open layups

F.Sanford has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08

I'm glad he walks. Utah took him and looked the other way when Boozer screwed Cleveland (and got nowhere with him), and now he'll screw them too. What goes around...

And don't hold your breath at Bosh coming to Utah.
F.Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #20
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

bosh is going to det imo
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #21
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Sanford
I'm glad he walks. Utah took him and looked the other way when Boozer screwed Cleveland (and got nowhere with him), and now he'll screw them too. What goes around...

And don't hold your breath at Bosh coming to Utah.

Believe me, I'm not. I hope Bosh comes to the Pistons!
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #22
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
he'll screw them too. What goes around.

I doubt he leaves. They will pay him the most money and they'll give him more shots.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #23
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Back in the summer I suggested Kaman + Gordon for Boozer... and the Clippers homers told I was crazy, and that Kaman + potential of Gordon was waaay better than Boozer.

I guess we can see who was totally wrong. Now at this point there is no way Utah would trade for Kaman, even when D-Will comes back.

Eh?

Who's doing that trade?

I wouldn't even trade Kaman for Boozer straight up right now.

Boozer is better but he is on the last year of his contract and will command max money. Kaman has a good contract at 10 million per.

Throw Gordon into it?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #24
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ehh. I can see why Utah would do it (with both Okur and Boozer being expirers) but I kind of think Okur will be back. Boozer is iffy. I know I've heard rumors of him going to Miami but I think they would have to get rid of another contract besides Marion for them to have enough money for him.

Boozer can be a #1 scoring option on a team. Kaman can't. Isn't Utah trying to trade Almond? Maybe swap Almond/Gordon in the trade too? Not that it would make it that much different, but hey, better than where it started.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #25
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
Now that Kaman is becoming more available, what do we think of the trade idea now?

I floated this idea back in July. I think it was deleted in the main forum though.

From the team forums:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...78#post2373778
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

He isn't becoming more available. If Peter Vescey is your source, then I laugh at you. Dude is a bonafide idiot and one of the worst writers ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Back in the summer I suggested Kaman + Gordon for Boozer... and the Clippers homers told I was crazy, and that Kaman + potential of Gordon was waaay better than Boozer.

I guess we can see who was totally wrong. Now at this point there is no way Utah would trade for Kaman, even when D-Will comes back.

Homers? I wouldnt' deal Kaman for Boozer, let alone add Gordon, who showed a lot against Dallas[first time he got extended minutes]. Boozer will probably command the max, if not that, around 13 mil a year, Kaman is locked in for 10 mil a year and already knows the system that Mike Dunleavy is running. Only thing I would do is probably Kaman + Hart + 2nd rounder for Boozer + CJ Miles

Quote:
Maybe swap Almond/Gordon in the trade too? Not that it would make it that much different, but hey, better than where it started

I've been a fan of Almond, but no way will I swap them two and give up Kaman for Boozer. If it was Miles and Almond for Gordon and a 2nd, then sure.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #26
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I've been a fan of Almond, but no way will I swap them two and give up Kaman for Boozer. If it was Miles and Almond for Gordon and a 2nd, then sure.
What about a Mobley/Harpring swap? Sloan loves Harpring though.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #27
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Its a damn good trade for Utah if they really believe in Paul Millsap.

He is the forgotten person here, that guy is really damn good.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #28
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

If anyone on the Jazz would be traded for Kaman, it would be Okur, not Boozer.
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #29
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Boozer>>>>>>>>>>Kaman. Even thought Kaman is good, Boozer would be more helpful to the Jazz then Kaman would.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #30
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't be suprised to see Kaman/Mobley traded to SA.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: