Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Trade idea: Boozer for Kaman

Now that Kaman is becoming more available, what do we think of the trade idea now?

I floated this idea back in July. I think it was deleted in the main forum though.

From the team forums:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...78#post2373778
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
west
Celtics for life

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Trade idea: Boozer for Kaman

Boozer>Kaman to me....
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Jazz don't see Boozer sticking around, and instead opting out at the end of the year to explore greener pastures, this doesn't sound that bad.

My only question is would Okur be able to run the pick-and-roll that is a staple of Sloan's system?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Utah likes because Kaman is white
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think Utah will make any big changes to their roster as it works now as it is, but I like the trade idea.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Utah likes because Kaman is white
I knew someone was gonna say that.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #7
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
My only question is would Okur be able to run the pick-and-roll that is a staple of Sloan's system?

Maybe. He will never be able to set a pick like Boozer. But his shot option is better. Not as good at it altogether though.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boozer >>>>>>>> Kaman

Why do it?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Isnt Boozer an expiring deal? From the Clipps standpoint, it would be like a 1-year rent. I dont think the Clipps would want to give up Kaman for essentially Boozer for a year. Doubtful Boozer re-signs with them
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #10
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Isnt Boozer an expiring deal? From the Clipps standpoint, it would be like a 1-year rent. I dont think the Clipps would want to give up Kaman for essentially Boozer for a year. Doubtful Boozer re-signs with them

Depends on how much the Clippers would be willing to pay Boozer if he opted out at the end of the year. If they threw a max- or near-max deal at Boozer, I think he'd at least consider staying
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Depends on how much the Clippers would be willing to pay Boozer if he opted out at the end of the year. If they threw a max- or near-max deal at Boozer, I think he'd at least consider staying

If I knew he would re-sign, then I would probably do the deal bc Camby can fill in nicely at the C spot, but you dont know from Boozer, and you better believe there will be offers thrown at him
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #12
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope you're not serious

Boozer > Kaman
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #13
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

i think they just want to get rid of some contracts thats the point, because they also want to get rid of mobley
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Back in the summer I suggested Kaman + Gordon for Boozer... and the Clippers homers told I was crazy, and that Kaman + potential of Gordon was waaay better than Boozer.

I guess we can see who was totally wrong. Now at this point there is no way Utah would trade for Kaman, even when D-Will comes back.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #15
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

I wouldn't make the trade if I was Utah. If Boozer is going to walk, than just wait a year and try to sign Bosh. Williams and Bosh, not bad.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: