Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #12331
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Red Rock West. A Nic Cage western/noir type film with some pretty good twists along the way. JT Walsh of course plays a convincingly sleazy bad guy. I was surprised by the quality of this film and also that it went totally unnoticed considering Nic Cage and Dennis Hopper both star in it.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #12332
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Red Rock West. A Nic Cage western/noir type film with some pretty good twists along the way. JT Walsh of course plays a convincingly sleazy bad guy. I was surprised by the quality of this film and also that it went totally unnoticed considering Nic Cage and Dennis Hopper both star in it.

Yeah that movie is great. It was pretty low budget, which means no money for advertising. He did another noir, I remember liking called The Last Seduction. Also, have you ever seen Once False Move? A very good noir from about that same time.

I just heard about this new low budget western
http://www.deadmansburden.com/

the photo on the website looks awesome. very limited release so far.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #12333
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
City of God - 9/10

Probably the best international film I've ever seen.

Go watch some Kurosawa films. City of God barely makes my top 20 for foreign films.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #12334
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Also, have you ever seen Once False Move? A very good noir from about that same time.
Yeah, that was really good. Bill Paxton is underrated. Another pretty good one was 'A Simple Plan' also with Paxton & Thornton.

Just watched "Serpico." Like Pacino's other effort from that time frame, "Dog Day Afternoon," it was a let-down given the high praise it had received. Decent enough, but far from great.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #12335
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Great Gatsby - 6/10

I don't really know what to say because I read the book I just felt like I'd give it a 7.

Edit: Changed it to 6/10 because of the music. I don't get why they used some modern music in some parts.

Last edited by d.bball.guy : 05-12-2013 at 11:38 PM.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #12336
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Go watch some Kurosawa films. City of God barely makes my top 20 for foreign films.

I enjoy Kurosawa films (only seen a few though), but none of them top City of God for me personally.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #12337
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can we still download movies on utorrent or do we get in trouble for it? I know they passed a law, I just downloaded zero dark thirty
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #12338
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Can we still download movies on utorrent or do we get in trouble for it? I know they passed a law, I just downloaded zero dark thirty

Depends on who your subscriber is. They will block your account and give you 3-5 chances to correct the problem before they stop it altogether. If they do send a notice, just tell them someone in your neighborhood stole your password.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #12339
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Warm Bodies - 7.5/10

It turned out to be a pretty good romantic zom-edy movie. Kinda cheesy but I really liked it.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #12340
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

watched "dredd" and "in the mouth of madness" last night

I'd give dredd a 7.5/10 - wasn't trying to be anything great but was a good solid action movie that didn't drag or have scenes that made me scratch my head at the stupidity.

I'd seen in the mouth of madness years ago but didn't remember it much other than thinking it was a cool movie. I'd rate it 8/10 because it was a well done lovecraft style film (with some good nods to lovecraft books) from before cthulu became an internet joke for webtards who haven't even read a lovecraft story
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #12341
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I enjoy Kurosawa films (only seen a few though), but none of them top City of God for me personally.
Watched City of God for the first time the other day. Was meh to me. I'm with Jackass, I would bet I could name 15-20 foreign films that I prefer.

Watched "In the Heat of the Night" recently. Plot is pretty flimsy and formulaic, but both lead performances were good enough to compensate.

"Manhunter." Wow, I was expecting a lot more from Michael Mann and the reviews. This was a struggle to get through. I can live with slow pacing but this was just plain boring.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #12342
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Watched City of God for the first time the other day. Was meh to me. I'm with Jackass, I would bet I could name 15-20 foreign films that I prefer.

Watched "In the Heat of the Night" recently. Plot is pretty flimsy and formulaic, but both lead performances were good enough to compensate.

"Manhunter." Wow, I was expecting a lot more from Michael Mann and the reviews. This was a struggle to get through. I can live with slow pacing but this was just plain boring.
Not a fan of City of God. The story was messy as hell. I was wondering over and over again who the main character was Rocket or Lil Ze. It was a visual stunner though. Incredible filmmaking.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #12343
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

"Phoenix" with Ray Liotta. Surprisingly decent.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #12344
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6/10

Didn't make me laugh at all even though it's a comedy. Meh, it was alright I guess. The thing I loved about the movie though was all those titties
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #12345
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

G.I. Joe: Retaliation this has to be the worse drivel and trash that I've seen in a long time.... The Rock and Bruce must have only saw $$$ to even be associated with this garbage.... -5/10

Olympus Has Fallen 6/10 I liKe many of the cast. Its watchable its slightly entertaining.

Identity Thief

Funny movie 8/10

Pain No Gain 6/10 watchable and I would love to know how the true story went.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: